Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote        
xD That sounds lovely, Sly. I'm never really home alone, and even when I am, the cats freak out and pile up in my room.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote        
I'm rarely home alone, as I still live with my parents (totally almost typed "love" there xD; )and my little brother is home-schooled. Thank God for Boy scout trips. Oh Mai Usually one or both of the two cats in my house come and sleep with me, but they're pretty chill and don't really bug me. Of course, this morning I was barricaded and they couldn't have gotten in if they wanted to. Laugh
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote        
xD They don't whine at your door?

How does home-schooling work? I'd really like to home-school my kids in the future, but I wouldn't know how to go about it.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote        
Oddly enough, no. They're just sort of like "you don't want me in there? Eh, screw you, I've got better things to do anyway." -.- Laugh

It's simple enough: you look up the kind of curriculum you'd like to use as a guideline to teach by, and teach your kids at home. (obviously xD; ) In this state, at least, you get standards from the school district on where the child should be academically, and sort of base your plans around that. I'm not exactly sure how grade promotion works though, since this is the first year that my parents have tried homeschooling.

Honestly, it takes a lot of structure and, particularly with my brother, it's kind of a challenge sometimes; he's got ADHD pretty bad, so he's not always willing to work. If you keep things structured though, and are consistent with it it can work out pretty well. In this case, it's far preferable to the public school system where we live, and I think it offers a more personalized approach which all children should have the opportunity to have.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, at least you get some peace and quiet. :P

Do both of your parents work, or does one stay home for him?

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote        
True. xD;

Well, as it is right now my father works a job where he has a split shift and can come home in the middle of the day and my mother is currently working as a substitute teacher, just for some extra money. So, someone is always home with him, but they both help with some of his lessons. I would think that as long as someone can work out to be there during planned schooling hours, it would work though.... Sweat

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote        
Hmmm, interesting. See, ideally, I'll be working in counseling or therapy or something like that in the future. Pretty normal work hours there. But I'll probably be raising my kids in graduate school. I just don't know how I'll schedule everything.

Of course, the father would (probably) play a role in that too. I'm just always thinking about how things might go in the future. xP

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I understand; I always think how things will work out in the future. I know it may sound cliched, but I truly believe that old adage of "where there's a will, there's a way." I'm sure when it comes to educate your children, you and their father will figure out what is best and how to proceed about doing it. I wish I could be that sure that things will work out well for myself in the future but, knowing me, I'll find a way to screw things up and just have to muddle through, as per usual. xD; Whatever the case, I wish you luck with your future and your babehs.~ Hai
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, I think that everyone kind of muddles through things, no matter how competent they look. xP

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote        
True that. Haha. I just wish I could manage to *look* competent more often. Illusion is the key to success. You know, in lieu of actual ability. Laugh
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote        
You have plenty of ability, I'm sure! Don't they also say that confidence is the first step to achieving success?

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote        
Yes they do, I think. xD; Thanks though; I was just being overly dramatic anyway...it's what I do best, just ask those who know me well. Laugh I realy think everyone has the ability to do the things they set out to do, if they're willing to work for success.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, I know. :P I was just being stubborn about not letting you put yourself down, even if you were joking.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote        
But...you're censuring my self-deprecating humor. Duh If I can't laugh at myself, I'll just have to laugh at everyone else. :p Kidding...mostly. >_>;
Mystycia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote        
Rararara~

Hey guyss c: