Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Laboratory
Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote        

IC || OOC || THEME

This is the profile thread for the roleplay Lock & Key. Do not post here, it is solely for listing profiles.

Sweetsunnyrain

"Olly Olly Oxen Free" // * \\ "All The People You Will Never Be"

Susanna Daly

designation: Susanna Daly
    brand name labels: Susan, Sue, Honey
    the bells chime: 18
    i know what i am: Female
    i know what i like: Bisexual

----

this is my pretty face: (IMAGE) Susan is about 5 feet and 6 inches tall with slightly wavy auburn brown hair and deep blue eyes. She has a long face and has a thick build. She isn't heavy, but has defined curves which make her look bigger than she is. She has a pear body shape, her hips being slightly wider than her shoulders. Her skin is a soft tanned color and her cheeks always seem to hold a natural blush which makes her look flustered all the time.

She has a strange orange birth mark on the back of her calf, right above her achilles,in the shape of a gear. She also has a simple black outline of a swan tattooed on her side, that she got put there fairly recently after several months of debate with herself. Susan always wears a strange silver key with a pink stone on a chain around her neck, but doesn't let many people see it. She prefers to wear it tucked inside her shirts for safe keeping.

some may say: Susan can be immature. She loves to play games and be around children, who seem to appreciate her more than other adults. She is bright and bubbly and enthusiastic, always coming up with some new idea to solve a problem and spends a lot of time in her own head.

Susan throws herself into everything she does with passion, but when she becomes disheartened with something it can be difficult to get her on her feet again. If something doesn't work right, she will always try to fix it. If she becomes hopeless, however, it takes a lot to get her going. Susan seems to work in extremes like that. However, you will rarely see her falter when she starts a project, and even when she is hopeless she will try not to let people see. It can be near impossible to get her out of a slump when she does have one (which is almost never).

i'm a pretty special individual:

Talents:
    Good with children
    Creative
    Problem solver
    Friendly

Failures:
    Immature
    Emotionally extreme
    Her personality is sometimes overbearing and sometimes she won't let others get a word in

tick-tock: Rose --> A silver key with a warm pink inset

She still has a very vivid, childlike imagination and can make some incredible illusions. She can fill a room or make the sky look like it's falling. Unfortunately, there is always something that feels a little off about her illusions. If someone tried they could easily get out of it, so she has been working on maintaining the illusion. So far she has progressed little. Her illusions may be fantastic, but they will always give someone the strange sense of being out of place.

----

turning back the pages:
    When Susanna was dropped from Ember, she ended up in a military hospital. With no parents to claim her, she was adopted by a captain and his wife. Because of this, she was moved around a lot during her childhood and spent a lot of times just trying to find ways to entertain herself. It was easy for her to make friends, but she was always incredibly hurt when they moved again and she had to leave her friends behind.

When she was about seven years old, she was playing in a playground at her (yet another) new school, and found a strange key on the ground. She instantly felt something in it, and when they returned to playing their game of Knights, she was able to conjure up an imaginary dragon for them to "fight". Her friends were amazed, but no one believed them. They played like that every day until Susanna moved again. She spent most of her childhood and pre-teen years with her imagination, often hiding in her room and conjuring illusions to play with. She knew they weren't perfect, but they always felt real and she was never bored.

Since then she has spent a lot of time moving, her mother eventually having her settle down in a small town for highschool. Her parents are still together but her dad moves around on his own and her and her mom stay in one spot. Susan took up theater, and now she not only makes illusions, but in some ways can become one herself. She doesn't think there is anything strange about what she can do, although she knows it isn't normal. For the time being, she is content being who she is and doing what she does, and really doesn't question much about her life.

etcetera: ~currently nothing~

hey, hey listen:
    Olly Olly Oxen Free
    Nigeru Mono
    Battle Born

"See No Evil" // * \\ "Hear No Evil"

x_lilmissNINJA_x

Sweetsunnyrain

"My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark" // * \\ "So Light ‘em Up"

Tennyson Ebrus

designation: Tennyson Ebrus
    brand name labels: Tenny, Ten, Alfred
    the bells chime: 20
    i know what i am: Male
    i know what i like:Straight

----

this is my pretty face: Picture here because I’m artistically retarded
    Ten is slightly below average height, clocking in at 5’10”. He’s lanky guy with no real weight to him at all and long limbs. Ten is pale, with dark tousled hair that he’s far too lazy to style. He has a birthmark in the shape of a gear on the inside of his left elbow. When Ten isn’t on the job, he wears cargo shorts, loose fitting hoodies, and running sneakers. When he is on the job, however, he dons black skinny jeans or similarly form fitting dark pants, a long sleeved black shirt with a hood, also form fitting, and sneakers. When ‘working’ he also has a black backpack full of tech. Ten keeps his key in his pocket or in his backpack, and he is always, always eating.
    some may say: Ten is a…lively person. He’s a thrill seeker, always looking for the next challenge. He never takes no for an answer, and this stubbornness has a tendency to get him into trouble. Ten is very smart when it comes to tech, but is ridiculously dense when it comes to people. It’s not that people scare him…he’s just completely oblivious to how people around him are feeling.
    Ten has a tendency to ignore rules, or what people tell him to do. He doesn’t lack in drive at all, but he lacks a goal. Ten has nothing to focus on, and he is ridiculously bored. This just makes him more likely to do something stupid and get himself hurt. Or worse, caught by the authorities.
    Talents:
    Decent computer programmer
    Highly talented gadgeteer
    Adept at parkour

Failures
    Easily distracted
    Zero empathy

tick-tock: Viridian: A silver key with blueish greenish streaks.
    Ten can see perfectly well in the dark, and can fade away into shadows large enough to fit him. Ten can’t be seen or felt, but he can still make noise. He is capable of hiding another inside a shadow he’s occupying, but the passenger is still solid.

----

turning back the pages: Ten was dropped off in a hospital in New York City, and after a brief bout of confusion, he was put into a foster family. He was named by a literary fanatic with a love for poets. His foster brother was Byron, and sister was Mary Shelley. Ten quickly found he had an aptitude for technology, rewiring electronics and computer programming, as well as an aptitude for trouble. He broke into his school multiple times to change his grades, and ‘found his way’ into other people’s homes. At night. Uninvited. Ten got into trouble for his break-ins and was moved from foster home to foster home, bouncing all around New England. As he moved around, he made contacts with fellow hackers and techies. When Ten was sixteen, he ran away from home, using his contacts to give him a new identity. Ten relocated to Seattle, where he started robbing high-rise apartments and swanky villas. On one of his first ventures into a foreign building, Ten came across an old silver key that gave him the ability to see in the darkness and hide in shadows. He’s kept it quiet, telling no one, feeling like the key is special for him, but has been trying to research its origins. So far, nothing.
    At the moment, Ten is moderately bored with his life. He seems to have robbed every rich person in Seattle multiple times. Ten is aching for a change of pace. Maybe he’ll move to San Francisco…that’s a fun place. Also, the Seattle cops are getting closer to him. That’s never a good sign.
    etcetera: (Anything else?)

hey, hey listen:
    Light ‘Em Up
    Mirror for the Sun
    The Drift

"It’s time to steal away" // * \\ "Let’s go get lost"

Malverne

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote        
"But I'm keeping it steady, that's just how I was raised" // * \\ "Head held up, walking tall into each breaking wave" 

Marcia Ann Sanders

designation: Marcia Sanders
    brand name labels: Marci
    the bells chime: 16 
    i know what i like: Heteroromantic Asexual

----

this is my pretty face: Marcia has always been described as a very “plain-looking” girl with long mousy brown hair worn in no particular style and brown eyes. She has a very pear-shaped build and is an inch below average height. She wears intentionally unflattering clothing consisting of worn sneakers, sweatpants, a wifebeater tanktop and a men's button-up sweater that is two sizes too large for her and always unbuttoned, always in neutral blacks, browns and greys with the occasional dusty pink or blue if the mood strikes her. Sometimes she has a black beanie with no logo on. Since she was born, she has had a gear-shaped mark where her chin meets her jaw. 
    some may say: Marcia has always been quiet and observant, preferring not to talk right away. This has made a lot of her peers think of her as being stuck up. She likes to watch others interact before starting to interact herself so that she can determine what the social norms in a group are. When she finds a group she likes and considers her friends, she will do whatever it takes to aid them in whatever way possible, even if it possibly means a great sacrifice.

Marcia prefers to do things slowly and steadily, adhering to tradition whenever it is possible. She prefers the company of those older than her, especially the elderly, and has always had a problem with people her own age. Everything she does is done deliberately and always has a purpose.
    Talents:
    -Uncanny Sense of Rhythm
    -Very good memory for the written word, especially poetry
    -Green Thumb
    Failures:
    -Painfully quiet
    -Out of Shape
    tick-tock:Mauve- A golden key with a single delicately cut mauve gem as the centerpiece
    As Marcia has received her key only three and a half months ago, she can't do too much with it yet. She has so far figured out that she can alter the direction of the wind, which she has mostly used to keep her hair out of her face while walking and give her a light breeze on a warm day.

----

turning back the pages: Marcia was found in a very small hospital in the middle of Iowa as a baby and was soon adopted by a middle-aged man who made his living as a farmer. The two of them made a life together, and while she knew that she was not his biological child, she didn't really mind and had no interest in finding out who her real parents were. As a child she spent all of her time on the farm, wandering the fields and talking to the farm hands that became her extended family. She learned how to work on the fields and run a farm from her father, who was fully intending on her inheriting the farm from him when he became too old to work it.

As she made it to school age, she went into town and attended public school with her peers, who she had a hard time getting along with because they were much too immature and petty for her to hold a good conversation with. She did the work she had to do and was an average to below-average student with very few friends. She didn't mind that, though, because all of her friends were back on the farm.

Three and a half months ago, Marcia was walking down the main street of the town she went to school in and made her way into an antique shop to find a present for her dad's birthday. While going through the piles of stuff, she found a strange gold key that drew her attention. She bought it, along with a gold chain to put it on and a framed old photograph for her dad. Since she bought that key and started wearing it around her neck, strange breezes started to blow around her...

hey, hey listen:

Morning Comes
    Ordinary Town
    Phantasmatic Youngsters

"Every highway leads you prodigal back home" // * \\ "To the ordinary sidewalks you were born to roam" 

Keylaleigh

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote        
"And so lying underneath those stormy skies
" // * \\ "She'd say, "oh, ohohohoh I know the sun must set to rise" "

Audrey Grace van Allan

designation: Audrey van Allan
    brand name labels: Audi
    the bells chime: 19
    i know what i am: female
    i know what i like: Straight

----

this is my pretty face: (doll maker because I can’t draw to save my life.) Audrey is slightly taller than average at 5’8”. She is pretty curvy, and fully embraces her shape. She is pale, with dark red hair, gray eyes, and a few freckles on her cheeks. She favors Gothic fashion mostly because she loves corsets and lace and frills and looks amazing in black and red. She has a gear shaped birthmark on the inside of her left knee. She usually wears her hair in a messy bun, sometimes with a hair comb/knife in it. She also always wears her key on a black velvet choker around her neck.
    some may say: Audrey takes some time to warm up to people. She is painfully shy and reserved around strangers, but once she knows someone, she is quite talkative and outgoing around them. Unfortunately, since many people mistake her shyness for snobbishness, she has few friends. She is a daydreamer and loves losing herself in fantasy worlds from books and from her own mind. She has an eye for fashion design and is very creative. She loves exploring her environment with a camera in hand. She is also somewhat fascinated with knives and daggers and collects ones that she thinks are pretty. They are mostly on display in her room, but she keeps one on her person at all times, just in case she needs it. She likes them because they are small, easy to conceal, legal to carry without a permit and it’s harder to accidentally kill someone with a knife than it is a gun.
    Talents:
    Creative
    Fashion designer
    Good with knives

Failures :
    Head in the clouds
    Lazy
    Shy
    tick-tock: Carmine key: a very ornate, tarnished silver key, with a small garnet at the base of the shaft
    If she sheds blood, she can form her blood into projectiles. (A prick of the finger will do, but the larger amount of blood, the bigger the projectiles.)
    She can also increase the density of her blood to provide a sort of armor.

----

turning back the pages:

Audrey was dropped off on a church doorstep in New York City and was taken in by the kindly old deacon and his wife. As such, she grew up knowing the ins and outs of the church where she was first found and has gotten into trouble on more than one occasion after being discovered making out with a boy in a confessional after hours. She knows that the deacon and his wife are not her real parents, but she knows they love her, and she loves them as much as she might disagree with them about appropriate behavior and fashion. They are supportive of her creativity, but wish she would channel it into something slightly less dark.

About two years ago, while she was scavenging for something to use in her designs she came across a pretty silver key in the middle of the street, and picked it up. It was severely tarnished, but she felt that added to its appeal, and after washing the dirt off of it, has worn it as a necklace ever since. She discovered the powers after she accidentally cut herself making dinner one night and her blood shot holes through the cutting board and left dents in the kitchen counter. After discovering this, she discreetly practiced by pricking her finger and has much better control over her powers now.

hey, hey listen:

Paradise
    Melody 1 of Night Mist
    Cosmic Love

"I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map” // * \\ "And knew that somehow I could find my way back"

Ladygem

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
" Although I want to know the truth," // * \\ "I’m covered in lies and full of poison."

ARIANNA SYBIL JANE

designation: Arianna Syble Jane
    brand name labels: Ari, Sybil, Syb
    the bells chime:19 Nineteen
    i know what i like: Straight

----

this is my pretty face: Pale skinned and delicate, SYBILis the very image of what a true lady should look like. Her chestnut brown hair falls in a smooth and silky wave down her shoulders and ends right at her rather slim waist. It is usually pinned up with a few barrettes and baubles, but is also let down occasionally. Sybil’s eyes are doe eyed, and a velvety chocolate in color, the very picture of innocence, while her pink lips curve and settle into a natural style. Sybil stands at five feet four inches, rather short for her age, to be honest. She’s rather self conscious about this fact, and will most definitely frown if you comment on it. Her gear shaped birthmark is something that she will always deny, as it is quite large in size, and is located on her back, between her shoulder blades.

The clothing that Sybil wears can be described as none other but refined. She will only wear the best and most high quality items; anything that doesn’t meet her standards will immediately be trashed. Sybil will also always be spotted wearing thigh highs most of the time, as they are her most favored piece of clothing.

some may say: Sybil could be described as innocently spoiled. She doesn’t know much about the world itself, only what she has been told. Sybil sees people of lower class than her as insignificant, but only because she has not really associated with people that are not of the higher upper class. Sybil behaves in a proper and lady like way, but has her selfish stubborn fits every now and then.

SILVER TONGUE: Though Sybil may be childish at times, when she wants something, she will get it. The power of persuasion is strong within her, and through a few words, Sybil’s charisma will skyrocket, and it becomes very, very hard to say no to the woman.

FORTISSIMO: An elegant lady must have the ability to play an instrument, no? In Sybil’s case, she has great skill with playing the piano, though she dislikes playing it at the request of others.

NOT A HOUSEWIFE: Sybil, being raised with everything available at her fingertips, does not know how to cook, clean, or really, do anything except play the piano and talk.

tick-tock: The Cobalt Key is a silver key with a milky white inset that glimmers with a light frost colored sheen.

Sybil, having found her key a few months ago, can only settle for creating flowery patterns of frost on windowpanes, though she is slowly working out how to summon icicles in colder areas. As of now, the most she can do is one single spike- which takes out the majority of her energy.

----

turning back the pages:

Sybil was dropped from Ember at a rather young age, around two years old, and was found by a rich old man and his loving wife. They immediately picked her up, for th wife was infertile, and could no longer have children. Sybil, they assumed, was a gift from God himself, to grant them happiness at last. From her discovery, Sybil has been doted on every day, waited on hand and foot, and raised as a true lady of upper class. She was taught not to speak unless necessary, and to just accept what would happen to her, though most of the things happening to her were very good, so Sybil never got used to being refused or having her wants denied, creating a rather childish personality if the right buttons were pushed.

At the age of eighteen, her adopted father passed away, not from old age, but from a cancer tat he’d kept secret from Sybil for the sake of keeping his precious child unaware of the dangers of the world. However, when Sybil discovered this fact, she cried. She cried so harshly, that the tears left her hiccupping for hours upon hours. Sybil remained in a daze for the next few days, often just spacing out whilst looking out the window. One day, however, she discovered in the back of her large closet, a silver key. Oh how it shone, its beauty radiating out of the silvery white centerpiece, drawing Sybil in. The female stared, her eyes mesmerized by the item. She couldn’t help but pick it up; but once she did, the leftover energy from the dimensional rift wiped the memory of the last few days from her mind. Her father was now alive, at least in Sybil’s memory. A smile spread across her face, and the girl tucked the silver key into her pocket, unaware that it was radiating a chilled temperature.

Her mother, when she discovered that Sybil had seemingly forgotten about the demise of her father, decided to keep her daughter safe by hiding the facts away from her. Sybil now believes that her father is away on a five year business trip in Europe.

Nothing else really happened; Sybil’s life continued on like normal, though she gradually discovered the powers that the key held, and slowly learned to use it to her own discretion.

hey, hey listen: Gumi: Lie of April

"Unable to hear the voice," // * \\ "The sounds quietly disappear.”

Sweetsunnyrain

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
"Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan" // * \\ "Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home "

Elchir Doe

designation: Elchir Doe
    brand name labels: El, Gear Head
    the bells chime: 15
    i know what i am: Male
    i know what i like: Hetrosexual, Aromantic

----

this is my pretty face:
    El is 6 foot 2 inches. He has baby blue eyes and buzz cut bleach blonde hair. His body is that of a constant swimmer, very wirey yet athletic. He weighs a lean 183lbs most of it muscle. He has a very large gear shaped birthmark on his back. It takes up most of his back and has a 6 inch diameter.
    El usally wears band tee-shirts from bands that have stopped playing years ago. He does have 2 new band shirts that he wears on occasion. In winter he wears a very light hoddie over top of the shirt, a pair of black sweat pants and sneakers. Any other time of the year he would be sporting a pair of shorts and sandels.
    some may say:
    Elchir is a cold bastard. In more ways than one. He tends to be very slow to anger, because of his extreme patience, but when he does blow he erupts like a pent up gyser. He has very sadistic tendencys, but only toward people as he always has had an unusual affinity toward animals. He is not used to being touched and will shy away from most forms of contact unless he is inciting it. He also is not used to being showed any type of respect, so he treats it as though the person is trying to get close so he can harm him. But on the flip side he is loyal to a fault to anyone he calls 'friend'.
    Talents

-Excelent Swimmer
    -Great Surival Instints
    -Good at keeping secrets
    -Extreme Patience

Failures

-Sadistic
    -Bad People Skills
    -Natural Trouble Maker

tick-tock:
    Azure, a bright gold key that has a Lapis Lazuli gem in the center.
    Having found his key 5 years ago he has started to master some more advanced skills. The first thing he learned how to do was breathe underwater. He also has the ability to use any water around him as a whip, but he only can get it to 6ft long at the moment.

----

turning back the pages:

Elchir was depostied from Ember into a ex-military camp in Texas. He was found by a drill sergant named Alexander Carter and taken to a nearby orphanage in which he ran. He was an mean spirted person and hated all the kids in the orphanage espically El. Elchir was treated horribly by all the other orphans due to his unusal birthmark on his back. They called him names and he was in a constant state of fear they would beat him to death.

When he turned 10 he had had enough, he picked the biggest kid in the ophangae an used him to make sure no one hurt him again. When all the kids were in the pool doing their morning laps, El snuck up behind the kid, cracked him in the head with a lead pipe, and proceeded to drag him underwater to drown him. Alexander managed to save the boy and to punish El threw him in the dungeon, aka the what he called the basement,for a month alone with only bread and water. During this time El was bored and started pulling up floorboards for fun, when he noticed a golden key under one of them. He grabed hold and felt the power comeing from it. He decided it was his and hid it.

At the age of 14 El ran away. Using the keys ability to let him breathe under water he jumped in the near by lake and swam to the otherside. Since then he has been on the run, hitch hiking across the US. He is currently in a cave near Las Vegas in the Rocky Mountains.

hey, hey listen:
    When the Levee Breaks
    Is There Anyone Out There?
    Depature

"I am the Son of the Lost Country" // * \\ "Of a New World, and we were born to run."

Kinslayr6788