Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
ladygem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote        

//When she was just a girl\\

Audrey finished pinning up the last of her hair. She was starting classes at NYU today and wanted to look her best. She took another look in the mirror; she was missing something to give her outfit a little extra spark. But what should she choose? She settled for her hair comb with the knife hidden inside. It looked cool and always gave her an added boost of confidence. There, that was it. Now she looked perfect.

Her adoptive father stood by the door with her portfolio in his hand. She smiled at him.
"How do I look Bill?"
"You know it's not really my style, but you do look really nice Audi. How's your schedule today?"
"I just have the one class this morning, tomorrow's my heavy class day. Why do you ask?"
Bill smiled, "If you have time, could you take my shift at the soup kitchen please? Something came up at the church that I need to deal with."
"Of course, no problem, I'll go straight from class."
"Thank you, and good luck at class."
"Thanks."
Audrey gave Bill a hug and took her portfolio. Then she ran out the door and towards the subway station. She could tell today was going to be important.

//She expected the world\\

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
|| ELSIE || || LUCA ||

The two hunters landed in the streets of New York. Where, you might ask? Well, let’s just say it was pretty dark down there.

”Ewww, it stinks! Luca, why’d you teleport us over here?!” The green haired huntress, otherwise known as Elsie, pinched her nose and waved her hand in the air, as if to shoo away the dank and putrid smells that drifted from the sewage around her.

”Well, it’s not my fault, at least we ended up in this New York place!” the male argued back, ”I could have missed and teleported us into California or something!” He huffed, ”C’mon, let’s get out of here. We’ve got work to do.”

The two made their way around, every now and then glancing at the map that had been tossed in the packet they’d received before. A glowing crystal lamp lead them out of the smelly and dark tunnels and to the above world. The two managed to slip out of a manhole silently, without attracting a lot of attention- that is, at least, until people started noticing the pair’s rather out of place getups. However, the pair was prepared. They ducked behind a back alley, switching into a more ‘modern’ way of style, Elsie in shorts and a burgundy sweater, and Lucas in jeans and an “Iron Maiden” tee shirt. However, the two kept their goggles and eyepatches; those had a special purpose. Together, they strolled into the streets of New York, their eyes glancing at the crystal lantern now and then, to make sure that they weren’t missing anything...

...And just as Elsie took a slide glance at the small little lantern, it glowed. ”Ah! Lucas, Lucas, it’s glowing! A key must be nearby!” she nudged her companion, who no doubt had already noticed the glowing. A bike whizzed by the two, pedaled by a raven haired man- and instantly, Elsie and Lucas knew- it was him. After all, the keys radiated light when the lantern was nearby, as did the lantern itself.

”Well, dear brother, I’ll take care of this one,” the girl said, a smirk on her face, ”You can go find the others.”

Her brother nodded silently, and ran the opposite way, stuffing the lantern into his messenger bag, while Elsie began to run at an inhumanly fast pace towards the bicycle, ”Ehehehe, c’mere you little key!”

|| SYBIL ||

”Taxi! I’d like a taxi, please!”

A caramel haired female waved her arms in a rather attention calling way, desperate to get one of those handy yellow cabs. After all, a lady doesn’t walk to places herself; she must have a chauffer and a vehicle to carry her around in them!

After about five minutes of waving her arms around and calling out for a taxi that would most likely never come, Sybil huffed, and began to walk the other way, her boots tapping on the concrete sidewalk. She couldn’t believe that she hadn’t found a taxi. And it was goddamned New York City! She sighed, scanning the roads for any signs of a yellow cab. To her dismay, none were to be found- but her eyes found a girl moving boxes with other men. Sybil raised an eyebrow. What were they doing? The truck said something about homeless people, but why would you need to help the homeless? ”It’s their own fault they’re homeless and poor anyways, so why would you have to help them? It’s not like an obligation or something, is it?” she mused aloud.

|| LUCA ||

He walked through the streets, then into the subway station. Immediately the lantern started to glow, brighter than it had before. Lucas smiled; he’d found his prey. Now to figure out which one it was... No matter, Lucas needed only to look for the shining keys...

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quote        

\\But your holy shows and the Romans know//

Marcia was not sure if the girl nearby was talking directly to her or not, but what she said almost made her drop the box of men's coats she was carrying. How could anyone think so selfishly? She sighed and finished moving the box with the others before turning to face the person who said that. She was much taller and looked a little older than Marcia, but she wasn't afraid of people older or taller than her. Heck, that's who she spent most of her time around

“You help them because it's the right thing to do.” She looked straight up at the other girl with a bit of a glare. “Some of the people are homeless because of circumstances out of their control.” Marcia glanced the girl over. Judging from the way she was dressed and the way she held herself, she was pretty well-off and had never done a hard day's work in her life. She hoped that this girl wasn't going to bother her for too long. She didn't have the patience for ignorance, especially when she was getting a job done.

\\That you're just a child of circumstance//

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote        

\\Come on, show your face * Come on, give us one more spark//

Susanna sighed with relief when the train came. She climbed on and gently touched the key under her shirt, feeling it warm for a moment. She was confused but let it be, reading over the map to make sure she got off at the right stop and then turning to her audition script.

She had picked something versatile, that would show what she could do. It was a good piece. Susan read it over, not noticing the glow that had started to show from under her shirt. A few other people on the train picked up on it but ignored it as well.

She looked up to make sure she wouldn't miss her stop, standing and collecting her bag, map in her pocket. She held onto the pole by the door,extremely impatient. "Come on, only a few more blocks to walk..." She muttered, waiting for the doors to open. Maybe she even had time to buy breakfast first! If she had remembered enough spending money... And where was that weird light coming from? She looked down and noticed her key was glowing, confused by it. It had never ever done THAT before.

//Sing a song of fire * Let's then fall into the dark\\

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote        

//Is there anyone out there? You know me.\\

El was thanking whatever god people usually prayed to that he had left that infernal state. The Lincoln tunnel was long, and large number of people on the tour bus were trying to hold their breath. One passed out in the seat right across from El, and he snickered. People honestly did the stupidest things imaginable.

As they pulled out of the tunnel El caught a glimpse of New York for the first time and he was struck breathless. Not because of the towering sky scrapers, ( he had expected those), but the pure noise and mess of it all. Even through the central air on the bus El could smell the rotting garbage. He immediately started hating New York and wanted to go back to Jersey. At least he expected it from Jersey.

The bus pulled into the station about 25 minutes later, and El got off the bus. The noise hit him like a freight train. El was used to an area where the only noise was other kids screaming. Even while in Vegas the sound was nothing like this.

Half dazed, El started walking away from his tour group and out into New York proper.

//I am the son of the lost country\\

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote        

//It's time to leave this town\\

Car horns blared as Ten scooted among traffic, cutting cars off and shutting doors as they opened on him. It was all about going with the flow of the road and not being too jumpy with his reactions, which was something Ten was very good at. The curses hurled at his back slid right off, entirely unheard. Ten was caught up in the thrill of the ride, the wind in his hair, the sun glinting off his glasses...

Ahead of him was a car accident, closing down an intersection. Ten was undeterred, as usual. He hopped his bike up to the curb, scattering a cluster of tourists with cameras and fanny packs, and dove down into a subway entrance. He biked along the short underground passageway, up the escalator, and popped back out onto the street on the other side of the accident. Ten turned sharply as he exited, skidding a little, and he saw a strange girl out of the corner of his eye. Green hair, burgandy sweater, shorts, goggles, and look in her eye that Ten had seen before, in the eyes of security guards and policemen.

This girl was after him. And running really fast.

Ten took off, pedaling as hard as he could. He needed to shake this girl off as soon as possible. He rode a few blocks, occasionally looking back to see if the girl was still following him. She was. Ten scanned the street, and decided to do something very, very stupid.

He dove straight across the busy intersection. Brakes screeched as cars swerved and scraped against each other, but Ten danced through the chaos, somehow managing to stay untouched. Ten then left the circus of a twelve car accident in the middle of a busy intersection, flew down an alley, and burst out the other side. He biked to the end of the block and glanced backward to see if he was still being followed.

Not a good idea. As Ten was looking backward, he almost ran straight into a gaggle of pedestrians. To avoid them, Ten performed a highly technical emergency maneuver called "Swerve to the side really, really fast." Ten performed this maneuver, and managed to acoid the pedestrians while going at a good thirty miles an hour, but he did manage to catch the bike on a fire hydrant. The hydrant managed to stop the bike. Ten kept going.

Ten flew five feet, and would have flown farther, but he smashed into a kid walking down the sidewalk. He knocked the kid to the ground and fell to the ground in a pile of limbs. Not the most graceful of bike dismounts.

"Owww..."
Or the most comfortable for that matter.

//Let's go get lost, let's go get lost\\

ladygem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote        

Audrey's mind wandered as she waited for the crowded subway car to reach her stop. What would her teacher be like? Or the other students for that matter? She had worked hard to get into the design program at NYU and now that she was moments away from her first class, her excitement was mixed with nervousness. As the subway car stopped and the doors opened, she let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding.

"Everything will be ok," she thought to herself. "If I wasn't good enough, I would never have gotten in in the first place." She touched the key at her throat for reassurance. Wait? Was it GLOWING? She looked around. A similar light was coming from another girl on the platform, as well as from a man with a very creepy smile. She didn't like the look of that guy at all.

Sweetsunnyrain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote        
|| SYBIL ||

”Some of the people are homeless because of circumstances out of their control.”

She’d missed the first line the girl had said, but the last one snapped Sybil out of her small daze. The girl frowned, ”How exactly? They just didn’t get a good job, right? Or maybe they spent too much time lazing around at home and didn’t work enough, right?”

Her eyebrows knotted together, ”This confuses me...”

As a rather rich individual, Sybil had entirely no grasp on the complications of life. She’d been raised through rose colored glasses, always seeing the world as a happy place, filled with no suffering at all- that is, if you were born in the right place.

[ || LUCA ||

A smirk formed on Luca’s face as he observed the glowing of two other keys, both coming from a female, one with rosy skin and auburn hair, and the other from a girl with red hair and striking gray eyes. Located. He silently decided to wait a few more seconds to observe their activity, and see whether or not they were armed or dangerous.

A few moments later, Luca had made his decision. ”Let’s rumble.” A pistol was pulled out from the bag that hung with him, and a few gears clicking set the gun to its paralyze mode. The male squinted at his target, the auburn haired girl, and hastily pressed the trigger.

A moment of silence passed.

”...What?”

A perplexed look came onto Luca’s face. He checked the pistol over once more. Tch... forgot to load in the ammo, huh? He dug around his bag a little more, and finally came up with a round of bullets, then began to load his gun.

|| ELSIE ||

It surprised her that the male could pedal quickly, but it was to no matter, seeing as he’d crashed straight into some other guy with a beach blond buzz cut, flying straight off of his bike. ”Kyahahaha, you’re such a klutz!” Elsie laughed out loud, pointing and laughing as she continued dashing towards the two.

She pulled a throwing knife from her pocket, aiming for the raven haired man, ”Gotcha!”

The knife flew from her hand as swiftly as possible; it was quite clear that though Elsie had the more playful personality, she had far more battle knowledge than the other.

|| SYBIL ||

Just as Sybil was going to continue speaking, a loud crash to her left distracted her from opening her mouth. Looking into the direction of the crash, Sybil found that across the street, a male had just crashed his bicycle into a fire hydrant, and had somersaulted through the air into another male.

Now, it wasn’t a surprise that the first thought that Sybil had was, Who drives by bicycle anyways?

The second thought came after a knife came soaring towards the male, ...Oh my.

IC || OOC || THEME
Kinslayer6788

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote        

El was in pain. His head hit hard against the pavement.

He must be under attack. Alexander must be near. Where is this pain coming from?

Blinking he focused on the world around him. He saw a person lying on top of him. Well if he wanted a fight he was going to get one. “Get off me, dick bag”

He shoved the man off. He attempted to roll with him to get on top, but as he was moving he felt a intense pain emanating from his side. He finished the roll and looked down at the knife sitting in his side. “I’ve been hit with a knife” he whispered. Then he screamed at the top of his lungs “Oh sweet Jesus! Who the hell threw a knife at me?

At that point he no longer could feign being tough and collapsed holding the knife while crying in pain. The world was starting to go dark, and he was glad that at least he got to see New York before he died.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote        

\\But your holy shows and the Romans know//

At the commotion, Marcia looked up to see what was going on down the alley. All she saw was a crashed bike, two people on the ground, and what looked like a crazy person throwing a knife. New York was a strange place, and she made a note to never come back after she was done with this trip. For now, though, she had to get out of there in case the crazy person decided to switch targets.

She looked at the rich girl that she had been in the middle of a conversation with and over at the others she was with. And then back at the scene down the street. The knife had found its target in a kid about her age and she winced sympathetically. While part of her wanted to help him out, she had a nagging feeling that she may be stabbed in the process of helping him. But she wanted to be ready if the crazy person left to go help out.

She looked over at the rich girl. “We need to call 911 or something. You got a phone on you at all?” Marcia would have called herself, but she didn't have her own phone and she couldn't see a payphone nearby.

\\That you're just a child of circumstance//

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote        

//Once you know you can never go back\\

Ten was still stunned as the kid pushed him off, but got his bearings back quickly. Girl, still there. Awesome. Staring pedestrians, not so awesome. Kid yelling about being stabbed with a knife, really not awesome. Ten scrambled to get his feet under him, one hand diving into his pocket for his key, the other scrabbling inside his bag for a device. Ten pulled out a small ball of circuits and paper, and looped his arm around the kid who was still yelling, clapping a hand over the offending mouth.

"Ex-girlfriends suck, he said, "Do yourself a favor kid. Give 'em flowers before they go postal." Ten yanked the fuse from the little ball in his hand and threw it at the girl still coming at him. He slipped the key between his teeth, grabbed the kid with both arms and dragged him towards the mouth of the alley.

Adrenline made Ten move quickly, so just as the flashbang went off, blinding and deafening anyone looking that way as well as shutting down anything electronic within a twenty foot radius, Ten dragged the kid into the alley, out of sight of most of the pedestrians. He glanced down at the concrete, dark in the shadow of the building, and grinned.

"Kid, if I were you, I'd be as quiet as possible. Unless, of course, you want little-miss-bladey to follow us. Also, keep your eyes closed." The shadow turned jet black for a moment, and the inky darkness raced up Ten's legs. Within a quarter of a second, he and his passenger were covered in black, then they were gone, invisible.

Ten squatted in the utter blackness of the shadow world, his arms wrapped around the kid who was on the other side of the ground. He had one hand over the kid's mouth, and was hoping the kid kept his eyes shut. He kept his eyes forward, glued on the jet black puddle on the ground, watching the different shades of complete black shift underneath him, showing him the daylit universe, as if through the surface of a pond.

//I've got to take it on the otherside\\

ladygem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote        

Instinct took over Audrey. "Everyone get down, he's got a gun." In the panic of the crowd, she ran toward the girl the man had been aiming at, tackling her to the floor.
"Sorry about that, but it looks like he's targeting glowy things. Or people who are wearing glowy things. Or maybe just glowy keys. But either way, that makes us his main targets."

She reached for her knife, suddenly very, very, glad she had chosen to wear it today. She had never tried the blood thing on anything living, but if there was ever a time to do it, it was now. She slit the palm of her right hand, ignoring the sharp pain, and aimed at the man, willing the drops of blood to become bullets.

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote        

\\Come on, show your face * Come on, give us one more spark//

Susan yelped when she was tackled, grabbing her bag tight and her key tighter. Whatever was going on, well... she wasn't going to do something stupidly brave about it.

"Glowing keys? You mean..." She watched the girl cut herself and shoot- blood. Right out of her hands like bullets. She needed to help her out, to do something. She concentrated on her own key, summoning images that ran down the stairs and flooded the subway platform. "Police! Everyone out! YOU, GET DOWN!" They yelled, pulling their weapons and surrounded the person the girl who tackled her had been shooting at. They couldn't hurt anyone, they could only scare them, but it was enough to make most people run and that was fine to her. "Hands up, on the ground!"

Susanna held onto the arm of the other girl. "It's fine, just stay still."

//Sing a song of fire * Let's then fall into the dark\\

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote        
|| ELSIE ||

Elsie frowned in dismay at seeing her weapon hit the blonde boy in the stomach. ”Huu, I was aiming for the other guy with the key first!” she pouted, crossing her arms. After a moment, she grinned again, seeing his tears, ”Always nice to see the pain you cause, hehehe!”

“We need to call 911 or something....”

At this, Elsie laughed, ”Kuhaha, 911 or whatever isn’t going to help him once I’m done with th-!” A cry of surprise rang from her mouth as a blinding white light shone over her face. ”What the hell?!” Elsie screeched, covering her eyes with her hands, attempting to shield herself from the light, though it still caused her to grit her teeth. By the time the light had faded, and only dark spots remained, the two males had disappeared. ”Tch...”

|| SYBIL ||

”You got a phone on you at all?”

The abrupt question startled Sybil, and she instinctively dug around in her purse for her phone, just as a screech echoed from the sidewalk across from them. After a moment, Sybil finally managed to fish her phone out of her bag, and was about to hand it to the other mousy looking girl, ”Here you go- huh? It looks a bit weird... The screen is black, and it won’t turn on...” Sybil frowned as she poked at it, but found it to no avail, ”Here, let’s check a pay phone to help those guys...” Her eyes widened as she realized that no one was there, ”Wait. What just happened?”

[ || LUCA ||

Luca turned just as the bullets were aimed towards him. ”Wh-“ he tried to dodge them, but managed to evade only three of them, the fourth hitting him squarely in the shoulder, ”Fuck!” The male yelled, stumbling backwards as he clutched his shoulder, ”What the hell was that for- oh, I shouldn’t even be asking that at this point.”

All of a sudden, strange men in blue uniforms rushed down the stairs. ”Huh?” Luca tilted his head, still wincing at the pain, ”Who the hell are you people?” He narrowed his eyes, ”No way I’m gonna listen to some stupid old men in matching blue uniforms.” His hand gripped his now loaded gun, and shot at one. However, to Luca’s surprise, there was no response. ”...? What?” Luca frowned. The men were human, correct? Then they should have reacted...

IC || OOC || THEME
Kinslayer6788

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote        

El had never felt so much pain.

Well that was not true; he had felt pain like this before just not for a long time. Flashbacks started spinning through his head, pain sending him back to the past.

He was 7 years old again, in the orphanage. Alexander was on another one of his tirades. He had drunk a lot of some kind of clear liquid. Next thing anyone knew he was beating people within an inch of everyone’s life. One of the smaller boys was next for the beatings and Elchir could not take it anymore. El jumped up, and tackled Alex. On any other day, it would not have done anything. But due to his severe inebriation, Alex tumbled and smashed his head. Everyone stared at El, as Alexander got back up, head dripping with blood. That was the last image El remembered seeing. He finally woke up 3 months later. He had “fallen” down a well, or at least that’s what Alexander said had happened. Since then when he had bad dreams he could feel what really happened during that time. That was a pain that should never be felt……….

El woke to feel a real pain, not one far away in a memory. Someone was holding their hands over his eyes. He pulled them off, and opened. All he could see was black. He gasped, and then all he could see was black.