Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote        
Yes, salt would probably be useless if you used salted butter. Dunno if it would affect the taste though, but I'm guessing it won't change much. I did mine with some salted fat (can't remember if it was butter or margarine), and all the sweetness covered any salty taste anyway.
I did it just for fun the other day, but it's certainly something I'd do for a gathering or party. Soft Smile

My week's going fine. A bit busy because of school, but yeah, at least it's fun. I just wish the weather would start being nicer (it's still snowing today Duh).
How was you week?

Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote        
It's been good - being slow because I'm on my holiday so I'm not being motivated Sad And going round to my friends' house a lot so even less work getting done lol.

Doing my first presentation since year 11 now (4 years ago) and it's a bit of a shock lol.

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
Just posting in here to see if anyone has made some yummy recipes lately. :3 I don't cook as much as I'd like, but I'm always saving them, haha.

Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:45 am Reply with quote        
I'm afraid I don't have any new new recipes. Sad Been a bit boring with my cooking recently just doing what I know how to do. But if you like stews:

2 onions
parsnips
carrots
leek
cabbage
turnip
swede
potatoes
sweet potatoes
beans
peas
sweetcorn

Dice 2 onions and fry in a large pan with chopped garlic, cumin, coriander, mixed herbs, paprika and pepper til see-through. Then add whatever mix of vegetables you like including any from the list above. I usually use 3 or 4 types in one dish. Cover the veg with stock and add a good 4 glugs of Worcestershire Sauce.
Boil for like 40 mins til the veg is cooked, add some more Worcestershire Sauce and serve Smile Tastes great with herbed bread.

I find that if you cook with a little chili oil at the beginning it adds a nice heat to the dish Smile

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote        
Oh, that sounds delicious. I love stews.

Although... what's a swede? Sweat All I'm thinking of is a Swedish person, haha. xD

Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote        
Lol. I'm not in the habit of skinning and dicing up people. A swede is a type of vegetable. In other countries I think it's called a Rutabaga or something similar. It's a root vegetable and a cross between a turnip and a cabbage apparently. Smile It's nice.

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote        
I would hope not. :P

Ahh, that makes more sense, haha. I've never heard of a rutabaga either, but that could be what it's called here. Where do you live, again?

Maverik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote        
;-; Poor swedes. Being diced and skinned doesn't sound pleasant at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote        
I live in the UK Smile I never realised we didn't call them the same as everyone else til I googled it.

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote        
Ahh, right.

Apparently pineapple in English came out of the left field compared to other languages: http://www.buzzhunt.co.uk/wp-content/2011/04/the-word-pineapple-in-different-languages.jpg

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote        
pineapples man

what is up with those things

i mean look at how they grow:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Ghana_pineapple_field.jpg/800px-Ghana_pineapple_field.jpg

>????

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote        
And they're really berries and have nothing to do with either apples or pines. Duh
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote        
OOOMGGG

pineapples what are you even doing

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:19 am Reply with quote        
Pineapple, IT'S A TRAP! Shocked
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote        
WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next