Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:51 am Reply with quote        
Nikki - I do most of my cooking with chicken too because I'm pretty picky with my meat.

Mmm, sounds like a nice recipe - let us know how it goes Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, this sucks I wanted to make this tonight but I forgot it needed to marinade... :c I don't want to eat at like.. midnight. Fuu.. Guess it'll be done for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote        
That sounds quite good.
I've been watching a lot of food documentaries lately. Mainly, about healthy eating and shit. You know.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:46 am Reply with quote        
I watched a documentary on eating healthier recently; how convenient for me that I also just bought a juicer. xD; Oh Mai
Seras

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:14 pm Reply with quote        
I want some Cafe de Frochette. :3
It's delicious and nutritious and it taste just like chicken.
Nikki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:17 am Reply with quote        
I'm never going to make this damned pineapple chicken. XD Yesterday we got pizza from Long Island Gino's (best pizza EVER btw) and tonight we're going to passover dinner at my bf's aunt's house. Idk if pineapple chicken is passover food, else I'd make it and bring it. Duh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote        
Haha...well, I'm sure you'll get a chance to fix it...eventually. xD;

I made dinner for my family last night; it was meatloaf (that actually turned out very well), homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and fresh veggies. Was yummy...even though I don't really care for meatloaf. Oh Mai

Nikki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote        
So, I finally made that dish and all I can say is YUM! :3

1 issue though... I screw up with the evaporated Milk. I raised the heat and the it started to boil.. causing the milk to curdle? So it looked really gross and had a strange texture :c

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:50 am Reply with quote        
Gosh I thought I had replied to this: apparently not, I hadn't clicked submit >.<

Nikki - Aww that sucks. I'm glad you made it in the end; if I make it I'll make sure not to mess up the milk stage :P

Sly - what is meatloaf? It sounds like a great meal, but I'm intruiged about the meatloaf.

Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote        
Meatloaf is a dish with ground meat (traditionally, I believe it's ground beef) and some kind of filler (I use oatmeal usually) and spices and eggs. You combine all of this together into sort of...well, a loaf xD...and then bake it in the oven. Some people make it with ketchup in the mixture or on top, but I hate ketchup...so no. I usually don't care for meatloaf, as the texture is kind of odd to me, but mine turned out pretty good the other day. Oh Mai
Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote        
Oh that does sound nice. Apart from the ketchup - I'm not such a fan of that. But I would probably have to use lamb instead of beef as I don't like the taste of beef.

Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
I imagine that you could make a pretty good one with lamb, actually...but I do like beef so it works fine for me. As I said, I'm not a fan of ketchup either; you don't strictly have to have it, but you do need something to add a bit of moisture to the mix. I used soy sauce this time, you can also use Worcestershire sauce or anything like that...I'm not sure what would work well with lamb though. Duh
Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:46 am Reply with quote        
I reckon Worcestershire sauce would work well Smile And it's something that I have in my cupboards ^.^

Up to anything fun today?
I'm travelling home so it's going to be a long day Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote        
Why haven't I notice this thread before...

Anyway, hello all! Hai
I've been in a mood to share food recently, but yeah, people live too far away for that to work... So I guess this thread is a good compensation? So expect lots of random recipes from me Happy

The last thing I made (last week-end or so) was this lovely monkey bread, and it was SO GOOD (unless you don't like cinnamon and/or sweet things, then I guess it's probably not the best recipe).

Kryztol Thorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:08 am Reply with quote        
Hi there Maeve Smile

Oh awesome, this looks like a yummy recipe.
I'm guessing if you use salted butter you don't have to use salt?

Glad it tasted good; it looks like a fun sharing dish.

How's your week going?