Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Looking for Staff
Jueta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote        
In terms of developers/programmers, is there any set minimum of what we can actually code that you're looking for? It's worded like you'd be willing to accept people with minimal coding experience if they're willing to go the distance for learning. (Like in my case I can code HTML and CSS, currently venturing into Javascript but don't feel I have an expansive knowledge on that yet. How would that set against standards that you're looking for?)
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote        
No problem Kylie. Smile

Jueta wrote:
In terms of developers/programmers, is there any set minimum of what we can actually code that you're looking for? It's worded like you'd be willing to accept people with minimal coding experience if they're willing to go the distance for learning. (Like in my case I can code HTML and CSS, currently venturing into Javascript but don't feel I have an expansive knowledge on that yet. How would that set against standards that you're looking for?)

We don't exactly have a limit, but we'd prefer that anyone applying be well-rounded in at least one or two languages. So even if you're not well versed in Javascript, as long as you are knowledgeable in HTML/CSS that's fine. Is that what you mean?

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Jueta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote        
:3 That is what I meant. Yes. I'll pop you a PM then. See if I might be of any use to you. Haha.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote        
Awesome then. Happy

Arbitrary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 am Reply with quote        
What exactly would a volunteer do? I would love to help out and to learn this kinda stuff. I am basically online 24/7 ((Go no LIFE)) so I can contribute the time no problem.I just don't fully understand what would be required of my position. Also I have no experience besides modship in an RP cult on Vampirefreaks one time.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote        
Arbitrary wrote:
What exactly would a volunteer do? I would love to help out and to learn this kinda stuff. I am basically online 24/7 ((Go no LIFE)) so I can contribute the time no problem.I just don't fully understand what would be required of my position. Also I have no experience besides modship in an RP cult on Vampirefreaks one time.

As far as what you'll be doing, it's usually simple tasks around the site - such as adding items to the shops, compiling lists of data for misc. things, and general behind the scenes stuff that keeps Mido running.
Honestly it depends a lot on what we need at the time, so there's no guarantee as to what will be needed. But that's a general idea.

Also, for everyone who's already sent applications, you will all get a response to let you know if it's been accepted or not. All application have to be reviewed first, so please be patient while we get back to you. Thanks again. Smile

neomattlac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I can do some basic Java, but I'm not entirely sure how different Java is from Javascript.

Arbitrary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:01 am Reply with quote        
Catghost wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:

As far as what you'll be doing, it's usually simple tasks around the site - such as adding items to the shops, compiling lists of data for misc. things, and general behind the scenes stuff that keeps Mido running.
Honestly it depends a lot on what we need at the time, so there's no guarantee as to what will be needed. But that's a general idea.

My question though is does that involve needing to know any type of coding or anything?? Like I read that part on the first page but I don't really know what that would require. I have never had to put anything in a shop on a computer before. XP
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote        
Arbitrary wrote:
Catghost wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:

My question though is does that involve needing to know any type of coding or anything?? Like I read that part on the first page but I don't really know what that would require. I have never had to put anything in a shop on a computer before. XP

All you do is essentially filling out fields and pressing "submit". The only position that requires coding is the Programmer. xP

Quote:
Well, I can do some basic Java, but I'm not entirely sure how different Java is from Javascript.

Well, from what I've heard about the two, Java is apparently quite different. Duh

Arbitrary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
Ah ok thank you. XP i am not sure what sites like this require sorry for all the annoying questions.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote        
It's fine. Smile I understand. If anyone has anymore questions, let me know.

I've sent a response to all applicants so far as well.

hiei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote        
Sent in my pm. : D
-dances-

If I wanted an art trade, who would do the drawing?
I feel like that would be putting more stress on the art team with my silly requests...
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote        
Thanks Hiei!

I will be formally sending out responses to all applications by next week as well. So if you haven't gotten one yet, just know I haven't forgotten you.

hiei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote        
Alright! : D
Mimotefu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
I am pretty good with php, I am creating a avi based site my self.

What kind of features are you guys looking for?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next