Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Looking for Staff
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote        
Midorea is seeking some talented indivuals to help us with a few projects around the site. Our current goals require that we expand our current work force, and bring in some new people to help us in our quest. So if you're interested in gaining some experience, or know someone who might be, let us know!

We are mainly looking for:

Programmers to help us create new features for the site, and re-create old ones. We'd like to see experience with either PHP, mySQL, HTML/CSS, Javascript or Jquery! Familiarity with avatar sites and ADR is preferred, but anyone interested may apply. Be sure to include your programming skills and any examples you might have.

Volunteers, Coordinators and Marketers to help with Event planning, general organization around the site, PR, along with adding items and a lot of behind the scenes work necessary for Midorea to run.
Be sure to specify what position you'd like, and what your past experience in that field is. You don't absolutely need experience to apply - just a desire to learn!

Graphic and Interface Designers to help us create graphics for announcements, emails, events and our social networks. As well as interface designers to help us design new layouts for different areas of the site!

Pixel artists to create new items for the avatars, as well as Battle System related art. We'd like to see people who can mimic Midorea's style at least somewhat. If you're interested, be sure to include several examples of your past work.
You can also draw on our bases if you'd like to show your work that way. They're available here: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=459884#459884

Illustrators and Conceptual artists to help us visualize new ideas for the site, like characters and clothing. All applicants need to include at least 2 examples of their work.
Writers who would like to help us flesh out the Midorean story. Such as: stories for Events, Quests, and Midorea History. Applicants should include an example of their writing!

If you are interested in applying for a Staff position, please email or PM me with the following details:

Code:
Username:
Position Applying for:
Examples: (if required)
Any past experience in this Field?
Comments:

Also include any additional ways I can contact you, such as email or skype.
My email is catghost@midorea.com

Please remember these are volunteer positions. Which means you will not be compensated monetarily, but I will happily arrange alternative methods of payment such as Midorean silver/gold, items or custom artwork. Just let me know!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote        
You can respond to this thread with any questions/comments your have. Happy

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Mystycia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote        
Good luck to those who are applying!

I'd love to apply for a pixel artist posision, but, I've had little to no free time lately with school and just getting into a relationship again.
I've been out near everyday now :c

Hopefully you do find people willing to apply though :3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote        
I would be interested in helping helping to illustrate and help with concepts, but if we were to want to share our work on helping design new clothing and items is there a way one could create layerings and draw on top of the avatars to help show our creative skills?
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote        
Mystycia wrote:
Good luck to those who are applying!

I'd love to apply for a pixel artist posision, but, I've had little to no free time lately with school and just getting into a relationship again.
I've been out near everyday now :c

Hopefully you do find people willing to apply though :3

Ah, that's understandable. Hope everything works out for you, at least. Smile And thank you.

HoneyFuckles wrote:
I would be interested in helping helping to illustrate and help with concepts, but if we were to want to share our work on helping design new clothing and items is there a way one could create layerings and draw on top of the avatars to help show our creative skills?

Sure! You are more than welcome to draw on the avatars, if that'd help. Do you need the bases? You can find them in the Avatar edits thread: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=9660

HoneyFuckles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, thank you. ;w;
littl3chocobo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
what a shame you have already turned me down or i would apply XD

whatever happened to the pixelist you guys hired to do the battle pixels instead?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
Sorry, chocobo, and everyone else, I've been busy and distracted by stuff and neglecting the monsters I've got left. D:

However, I've been working a bit on some armour maybe you'd like to see, Cat?

Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote        
Staffers are a little overwhelmed right now, including killerkitty whose been working on the battle system art. Which is why we wanted to bring some new people in. Smile

And sure, Kitty! I'd love to.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote        
Hmm...wish I had some skills I could offer, 'cause I've recently come across some free time. I would just apply as a volunteer or whatever, but I don't know that I have any skills you could use. Oh well, I wish you all luck and send out some good vibes, if that helps.... Duh
Radioactivity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 am Reply with quote        
I would totally apply! But I don't think I'd be very useful in the digital world @.@"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote        
Sly wrote:
Hmm...wish I had some skills I could offer, 'cause I've recently come across some free time. I would just apply as a volunteer or whatever, but I don't know that I have any skills you could use. Oh well, I wish you all luck and send out some good vibes, if that helps.... Duh

Honestly, if you're willing to learn then we'd be more than happy to help teach you. Soft Smile We've already trained several members before, so if you're up for it you're more than welcome to apply!

Radioactivity wrote:
I would totally apply! But I don't think I'd be very useful in the digital world @.@"

Hey, you don't know that. As long as you want to learn, your usefulness in the digital world is limitless. Happy

Kylie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote        
Id love to try pixeling. Do you guys have a base we can work with as well as a color palette? So I can come up with some samples. Smile Also, are you guys paying cash for these positions or with site currency only?
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote        
Kylie wrote:
Id love to try pixeling. Do you guys have a base we can work with as well as a color palette? So I can come up with some samples. Smile Also, are you guys paying cash for these positions or with site currency only?

Bases are here: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=9660
And these are our official color pallets: 4 shades, 5 shades, 6 shades and light accents. Smile

As stated before, all positions are volunteer right now. We'd be happy to arrange payment in site currency like silver/gold, or site items. Even an art exchange if you'd like.

Kylie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you. ^^

Ah, I must have missed that in the first post. Don't know how I did. Thanks again.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next