Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote        

We've released a new Shops interface! Go check it out. We hope this new design will give Midorea a more cleaner look, and help organize things better. We've also released some new NPC art for a few of the shops. The other shops will be getting new NPC art as well - but they take time to create, so just be patient.

Even though the interface is new, the shops are still using the original coding. We're still working hard to get a new and more efficient shopping system created, but we wanted to release this in the meantime to give you guys a taste of what's in store!

Please, if you have any feedback for this new shops layout, do let us know. We're still looking into things and getting feedback helps us a lot!

Hope you guys like everything!! Be sure to clear your cache/press F5 if you're still seeing the old Winter Layout - or if some things aren't showing up properly.

Also, no, we don't have a cart system yet! That little shopping cart is the "buy" button, so unless you plan on purchasing an item - don't click it!
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote        
Saw it. Love it. Keep it.

Gladde

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, the new shop layout is amazing! Definitely keep it Bouncy Heart

The only suggestion I have is that it would be nice to search for items by either color (especially for hair) or by avatar layer. Some shops have a lot of items and it is a little daunting to browse through the ones with 10+ pages (for the old and new version). This is probably something you already intend to include, but I thought I would say it anyway ^^

Otherwise, it looks great. Well done to everyone that worked on it Happy

Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote        
My favorite is the BMI Shop <3

;D

::Shop::
killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote        
The only thing that I can currently think of that I'd love added is a search system, whether in each individual shop or a general one that you can search for a specific item that you want instead of having to click through pages and pages of items (or, like Gladde suggested, to look for items of certain layers or colours).

Also, it would would be useful if you can jump to a specific page in a shop instead of having to browse through a large amount of pages to get there, like say, to get to page 20 of Closet Boutique it'll take a long time the way it is now.

For event stores, will they appear the same way as the Newbie Store?

Other than that, I love it!

Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote        
Gladde wrote:
Wow, the new shop layout is amazing! Definitely keep it Bouncy Heart

The only suggestion I have is that it would be nice to search for items by either color (especially for hair) or by avatar layer. Some shops have a lot of items and it is a little daunting to browse through the ones with 10+ pages (for the old and new version). This is probably something you already intend to include, but I thought I would say it anyway ^^

Otherwise, it looks great. Well done to everyone that worked on it Happy

killerkitty wrote:
The only thing that I can currently think of that I'd love added is a search system, whether in each individual shop or a general one that you can search for a specific item that you want instead of having to click through pages and pages of items (or, like Gladde suggested, to look for items of certain layers or colours).

Also, it would would be useful if you can jump to a specific page in a shop instead of having to browse through a large amount of pages to get there, like say, to get to page 20 of Closet Boutique it'll take a long time the way it is now.

Other than that, I love it!

Yes, we are planning a search function. As well as a way to show only items on certain layers/etc. We're a bit limited right now by what the system already in place can provide, but once the new one is in finished pretty much everything mentioned will be added/fixed!
Thanks again for the suggestions. Happy It helps us to know what we need to focus on in the shops. We'll keep you guys updated on the development as well.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote        
Quote:

Oh yeah, and yes! Happy That's why that little open area is there to the bottom right, future event shop banners will go there.

Jandi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, that looks rather spiffy!
Titanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote        
I quite like it.
Thanks for the update!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote        
Hey guys, the glitch with the shop page numbers is fixed. Happy Sorry about that!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote        
Yay! Happy Thanks Cat.

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
I followed the bald lady in here, but thanks cat! Happy

::Shop::
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote        
Hmm, one thing that I just noticed that I found a little bit annoying is that in the weapon shop, to check on the strength and durability of an item, you have to click on it instead of just seeing it there like in the older version (it's even more annoying when your internet connection is being slow). I was wondering, maybe it would be better if you can just hover over the image of the item to get the information you want, you know what I mean?

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote        
You can see the power and durability while hovering over the little sword icon on top of the thumbnail. o-0 They're in the first too lines.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote        
Would it be easier, if instead of displaying power/duration when you hover over the battle icon, it displays when you hover over the item's icon?