Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall

did you vote?
yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

toxxic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:11 am Reply with quote        
I apologize if this isn't the right forum.

Basically I just want to know if any of you have ever entered a makeup contest before, or even just wear makeup for fun.

I have so much eyeshadow, I need to go buy a train case to hold all my makeup. But they're expensive so I'm not sure when that'll happen.

I would also like to do some self promotion. I'm currently in a anti/valentine's day contest and it's based on likes. I'm up against some people who can easily get tons of likes due to the amount of followers they have on their facebook pages. I don't have a page, I just have avatar sites and tumblr. Lol. So, if you could check out this picture, that would be lovely. I ask that you like them only if you like the look. Right now the highest person has like 70+ likes and I have until the 28th to get as many as possible. If you do vote, thank you!
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
You're very pretty and I like both of those looks, honestly. Bouncy Heart

I, myself, have never entered a makeup contest; it's just that I haven't found any to enter (probably for lack of active looking xD; ) not that I wouldn't. I absolutely love makeup and wearing it and achieving different looks and such. It's one of the only "girly" things about me honestly. Haha. Laugh

Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote        
Those are gorgeous looks Happy They're not necessarily something I would wear, but they are very pretty and look great on you!

I adore makeup. Words cannot describe how much I love it. I think I have about ninety different colours of eyeshadow, and sixty different lip glosses/tars. Not to mention, about eight different colours of eyeliner, three different mascaras, and four foundations (some days I want to look a bit paler, others I want to have a bit more colour; and I also get very tan in summer vs being paley mcpalepale in winter, so I need different foundations). I generally wear extremely flamboyant makeup, and I love doing various designs with eyeliner (I sometimes draw flowers going out from the corners of my eyes and onto my cheeks). The funny thing is that I'm male, so I've gotten a ton of very strange looks. Oh well. Let society be society and all weird. I like makeup, so I refuse to not wear it xD I also have about sixteen colours of nailpolish, but the only one I really use is my black nail polish (which I have three different types of; some with glitter others without xD). I have a very gothic style, so I like very dark makeup. Rainbow eyeshadow and lipgloss is a very fun look, though.
toxxic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks guys!

If you have a facebook, "like" her page and maybe once she has another you could enter ;o Her makeup is all vegan too.

And Lucian I'm sure people would be intrigued if you entered xD The only guys I know who wear makeup are either "scene" or whatever and just wear eyeliner or very gay men/drag queens.

I definitely have more makeup than you, lol. I have around 60 eyeshadows from that company I linked to alone. Plus maybe 15 lipsticks, so much face stuff, mascara, other eyeshadows, primers, and who knows how much nail polish.
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:00 am Reply with quote        
I'm not confident enough in my abilities to enter a contest, so I probably wouldn't ^^;; Is her make-up nice to wear? The main eyeshadow I use is this giant box of eyeshadows from Lord & Taylors, and some of the colours (especially the blues) have a tendency to smudge and crease, which irks me.

Well, I'm goth, and I'm extremely gay, so do I count? XD I love wearing really heavy eyeliner, but I always try to add some coloured eyeshadow, since black all the time is so boring. Blue eyeliner and mascara looks really cool as well, actually. I love messing around with random colours XD

I'm working on expanding my collection XD Problem is, it's really difficult for me to get new makeup because I don't have a job, so I never have any money, and my parents don't approve, so I can't really get too much money out of them :c I want to get some nice black and red lipsticks; I currently only have black lipstick and it's of very low quality, so it looks all grainy and nasty when I try to put it on :c Do you have any brands that you would suggest? I also love really bright lipsticks, like teals and greens and golds, so, the more colours the better Happy
toxxic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote        
Lol well I think people might vote for you just because you're a guy. It's not too often you see a guy willing to wear makeup. As long as you can pull it off, you're fine.

Her makeup is pretty good. Some of it creases on me, but it might not on other people. Plus it only happens if I don't wear primer. I have hooded eyelids too so that might be part of it.

If you want lipstick, go for her. She's got a black and some other bright colours, plus I think she's working on more. You can see them all in an album on her page.
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote        
I have very feminine features due to some issues with hormone imbalances, so, to be honest, I'm not sure if people would even realise that I was male XD Yeesh, I've gone out in public in a skirt and blouse, and nobody even gave me a second look. But, I might enter sometime in the future once I'm a bit more confident in my skills ^^

I'll have to look into getting some of her makeup, then. I usually don't wear primer; I've found that some cream or foundation and a base layer of white eyeshadow works just as well and is a whole lot cheaper, so that tends to be the route I go. I have extremely dry skin (my cheeks are literally scaly on my bad days; it's horrible xD), so I usually don't have to worry too much about creasing. There are just one or two colours that just refuse to be nice to me.

Ooh, definitely looking into her stuff, then XD I love brightly coloured lipstick. I actually just bought a bright magenta-purple-ish colour today after Mum dragged me to the mall because she needed clothes and I ended up just drifting into Sephora XD It's a gorgeous colour; I absolutely adore it even though I've only had it for one afternoon XD
toxxic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 am Reply with quote        
Yeah she's got a tooon of colours of lipstick. I rarely wear it because I don't think I can pull it off but I do have a lot. If I do wear it, it's usually a colour that matches my lips more. I've worn red at work though, it was a halloween store.

I should try foundation and white shadow as a primer. A white eyeliner pencil works like primer too. I also have like 5 different kinds of primers.
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote        
Oooh, that's awesome Happy I'll definitely have to look into getting her stuff, then. Does she only sell them online, or can you buy them in irl stores as well? I usually can't buy things online, sadly :c

I used to use Urban Decay Primer Potion; that worked quite well, but now I just use foundation and eyeshadow because I'm too lazy to buy more primer XD I'm rather pathetic at times.

Oh, so I was messing around with chapstick and eyeshadows, making some lipglosses, and came upon this colour. What do you think? http://i.imgur.com/D5ReegN.jpg?1 I realise I'm ridiculously feminine, please don't laugh.
toxxic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:12 am Reply with quote        
Not in stores, unfortunately. I'm not sure if she's open to sending a check or money through the male but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask.

UD is kind of expensive, and I'm cheap, so I usually go for just whatever I can get for under five bucks. Sometimes I'll buy something that costs more.

Black with a blue undertone - nice. Not something I would wear though. I look horrible in dark lips. Maybe if I did my makeup and dressed goth I could pull it off but otherwise no xD
Seras

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
Not really, though it sounds very interesting. This is the first I ever heard of such contests. o.o

Probably because I don't pay attention to it as often. o.o
Zillah

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote        
There are makeup contests? That sounds pretty fun. I don't wear makeup, but I can appreciate it as an art form. A lot of makeup isn't done as art so much as to conceal imperfections in the face so it better conforms to the standard for beauty we impose, but sometimes makeup can be really creative!

I like your picture! The shine from the glitter is a nice touch. ^^