Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
toxxic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:50 am Reply with quote        
Or is this site really inactive? I'm on all the time and rarely see a lot of people on. Which seems weird because of how many members you have.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote        
Last year the staff came back from an unexpected hiatus, and while we were gone, activity dropped. We're trying to return activity to the forums now.

It's a nasty catch-22 situation because you need active members to get other members to be active. That's why we usually urge people to post in The Lounge and the roleplay threads, because they are the most popular.

We also have a great deal of events, rennovations, and new things to do on the site - the projects just aren't done yet. If you have any suggestions on how to restore activity to the site, please share them. We're open to new ideas.

And, of course, if you ever want to chat, feel free to post in the threads in The Lounge. I usually spend my time in Epos Box and Midorean Gamers, but The First Ever Midorean Lounge is a great place to post; and so is The Mothership.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote        
Well, that's true.
Chu would know better than most anyone.

toxxic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:23 pm Reply with quote        
Gotcha. All I knew was that you guys were about four years old or so, and had a lot of members. I have no suggestions currently, but I will let you know if I do!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote        
Just try to chat. :] You'll begin to recognize the regulars, and you'll recognize where they typically hang out as well.

Mystycia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote        
Ehh, the forums do seem a bit quiet..
Even though, this is coming from someone who isn't overly active, either, soo.. Yeah, idk.

Im gonna try and help out with this inactivity though~
I mean, the community here seems really great, so, totes worth trying to help get the place a little more active though :3
toxxic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote        
It seems that when I'm not on, a bunch of people post and start a conversation and then I'm behind and don't want to jump in.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, with time zone differences here and there and various real-life schedules that people have, it can be hard to be on and actively chat with others. :/ Don't worry too much about just jumping in where you can though; I do that a lot and have had some great conversations that way. xD;

Really the best cure for a slow forum is for people to just post and chat when and where ever they can, I think.... Hai

Mystycia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote        
Tox;; I'm rarely on when there's other people around xD
There's been a few forums where, I'd start jumping in anywhere's, and within a week or two, the activity levels would like triple LOL
Twas rather nice c:

Sly;; Yeah, I agree xD
Unless there's new(or returning members such as myself,) people who decide to start posting up a storm when they are on, which encourages others to start joining/posting, which, has it's upsides xD
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, it's very encouraging to see people posting. :] It makes me want to be more active too.

Sometimes it's frustrating being on staff because you see threads like this and you're thinking, "No, don't leave! We're working on THIIISSS and THISISS and THSIHGLND-" ... but you can say anything about it because it's a secret. Neutral

We're working on a lot of things, it just takes time to push them out. I'm really excited for the next few months though, so if you guys can hold out until then, I think you'll be really pleased. We're hoping that these new things will bring more activity to the site.

Mystycia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote        
It is! I mean, one forum I was on for a short bit I made 600 posts within 6 or 7 days, and the activity went up like over night, there was new members just like that.

And I can understand that. Even if I haven't been apart of a staff crew on a forum in AGES now, but, yeah, I can understand it.

And hopefully they will :3
I can try my best to become active while I'm still a hermit(it's winter and there's snow.. so, I'll be a hermit for a while LOL).
I'm sure the activity in the forums will boost soon though~
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, most of the members that we have flocked over when avatar sites were still really popular. I don't know if they are anymore...?

It's kind of sad to be an oldbie when you see good friends come and go. :[ There are a lot of people who I wish I had some other form of contact with. Now, they don't post anymore.

I'm always a hermit. I didn't post much for a while there, but I'm trying to get better about it. I used to be insanely active; I even fought for the "top poster" position, haha. I might still be there? It was fun, either way.

toxxic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote        
I think avatar sites are still popular it's just that people don't like to join new ones that are already so far along.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah. Sad That's really a shame though, because our community is great.

We try to do a lot of giveaways and stuff so that users can collect older rares. We also try to do some research to see which ones are the most popular.

I'll be giving away a couple of items in Epos Box and Midorean Gamers soon, if you wanna post in there. I'm open to suggestions for things to give away.

Mystycia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote        
Chu;; Yeahh.. I myself, tend to bounce from forum to forum, personally. I stay on one site for a few weeks, really active, then kinda poof off to another, then off to another xD
Most times, I leave when the site kinda slows down some. Or I'm just bored LOL

But, yeah, I agree. There's only one other site that I made some pretty good friends on, and then I disappeared of course and haven't spoken since >n<
And then when I go back, they literally have disappeared entirely from the site, and haven't posted in AGES. >n<

And LOL one of the newer sites I found, I was able to post enough to get into the top 50 posters xD And was still at 40 by the time I came back from my short leave xD I knew both of the top two posters two, since they posted in pretty much the same threads as I did xD

Tox;; That's very true. But, there's also the ones who join, and then bitch and complain about something simple, and then never join another one again LOL