Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
Hi! I'm Lord Lucian (Call me Lucy or Lucian ^^). I'm a fairly (read: very) new member who, as the title may suggest, is searching for a roleplay. I would personally prefer a onexone, but if someone has a group roleplay that needs members, I'd be more than willing to join that as well!

A bit about me....

-My name, as I already stated is Lord Lucian, however, I prefer to be called Lucy or Lucian (your choice). I'm always open to new nicknames, so, if you come up with any, feel free to use them Happy I suggest you tell me first, though, just so that I realise it's me you're talking to/about Laugh

-I consider myself to roleplay at a semi-literate to literate level. On good days, I can sometimes write over 15 paragraphs. On bad days, I usually only manage to write a paragraph or two. I try to be very careful about spelling and grammar, so you shouldn't expect too many mistakes from me, but I must warn you, I speak and write both German and English for the most part, so sometimes I will confuse spellings of words (For example, 'Perfekt' vs. 'Perfect' or something along those lines). I generally proof-read my posts, so mistakes are rare, but I am human, so some will slip through every now and then.

-While I can play all genders and romantic pairings, my preferences lie with playing males and MxM pairings. While I can attempt to play females, I must say that I am not very good at playing them, and mildly uncomfortable playing FxM. FxF is fine with me, although you'll have to deal with my failtacular skills at playing females Sweat So, basically, for me, MxM = Yay, FxF = Okay, and FxM = Um.. I'll try?

-I'm willing to play more than one character, but it is my preference to stick with just one.

-I love all sorts of plots, so feel free to throw anything at me. Plot twists are also always fun, so you can expect to get a few of those from me every now and then if we roleplay.

-Fandoms are okay with me (See the list below about which ones I'm interested in), but I'm not the biggest fan of playing canon characters. I personally prefer playing OCs, because I can never manage to keep canons in-character. Of course, if you really want to use canons and I like the character pairing you want to do, I'd be willing to try ^^

-I am generally not the most active poster. I usually manage to get in about 3-5 posts per week, and most of them are gathered on the weekends. I am very busy IRL during the week, so I usually only manage to post once every other day or once every two-three days then. On weekends, I generally have more time to spend online, and am far more active with my posting then.

Fandoms I will do

-Naruto
-Harry Potter
-Nightrunners (The book series by Lynn Flewelling. I will love you forever if you know this series Happy)
-Camp Half-Blood
-Doctor Who
-Torchwood
-Sherlock (Both the British TV show, and the original novel)
-Loveless
-X-Men
-Avengers

Ideas/Themes/Pairings/Other stuff

-I'm dying for something vampire themed. The bloodthirsty, killed by wooden stakes and silver crosses kind. Perhaps something involving a vampire/human pairing, or something about a vampire kingdom, or just a demon kingdom in general? It doesn't have to be romance (although traces of romance would be lovely, depending on the plot); it could be war-themed or something else entirely.

-Something steampunk, or along the lines of steampunk with little tweaks to the genre. Actually, anything that has a general Victorian theme to it would make me die of happiness.

-Something depressing. Since, that is extremely specific, of course Laugh Well, okay, maybe not. Either way, I love tragic, depressing roleplays. Happy endings are boring. Bring on the death and depressing-ness! I'm a rather odd person, I realise Laugh

-War-themed roleplays. I don't care if they're based off of an actual war (I feel like doing something WW2 themed would turn out interesting), or if they're completely fictional. Now that I think of it, a sci-fi war setting based in outer space would be rather intriguing.

-Mermaids. 'nuff said. Okay, not really. I feel like doing something based off of mermaids (or mermen, if you want to differentiate between the genders, I suppose) would be rather interesting. Perhaps a mer-something/human romance? Or something war themed? I don't know. I just like the idea of mermaids Laugh

-Historical roleplays. I like history (especially ancient history), so doing something based on past civilizations seems interesting to me. I'm especially interested in Japan, Central America, and Egypt, but I'm willing to do a roleplay based on anywhere, really. Some places you may just need to give me a bit of time to research, but I'd be more than glad to do so. You'll have to live with me if I make a blunder with facts, though Laugh Adding a fantasy element to any historical setting would also be very interesting, so I'd love to do that (Especially if it would mean that any mistakes I mean with facts wouldn't have too much of an effect Laugh)

Some pairings that would interest me (If we were to do a romance roleplay, that is, or really just any other roleplay with elements of romance)...

Human/Vampire
Vampire/Vampire
Human/Human
Mermaid(man)/Human
Alien/Human
Alien/Alien
Demon/Human
Demon/Demon

Or really anything else. I'm pretty flexible.

If you're interested in doing a roleplay with me, feel free to just post below or shoot me a PM or something Happy

Thanks!

~Lord Lucian
ordue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote        
I'd really like to RP with you. Especially since you know about Torchwood and don't mind MxM.

Today I was thinking of Adam and wanted to rp something along the lines of an alien similar to him falling for a human who has alzheimer's or some similar memory problem(maybe something similar to Henry Molaison). Alzheimer's might be better the sad factor as the highs and lows are unpredictable while HM is just "forget after being told always" though he can still remember long term memories(when he was a kid etc, anything prior to having hippocampus removed/damaged). The alien might be surviving by inserting itself in other people's lives who are always around the one with the memory problem or by inserting itself in the other's long term memory.

I was also thinking about also thinking about the same thing but with an alien similar to the Silence, which is being hunted down, perceived as evil by everyone else, or something of the sort that realy prevents the two from being together other then the fact that they are alien and human.

Both have the potential to be really depressing. xD
I also really don't mind what role I play.

(I'm very into memory problems right now as you can see.
I have some other ideas but they involve normal people and aren't as tragic.
If you're not interested in any of these then I would happily rp one of your situations Happy )
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
*glomps* Yay, human life!

Sorry for taking so long to reply; homework was being a bitch these past few days Sweat

I like the idea with the alien similar to the Silents, although both ideas are really awesome. Perhaps one of the characters could be a member of Torchwood, and he falls in love with the alien, which causes a huge shitstorm because all of them think the alien is seducing him and controlling his mind, even though he isn't (or, plot twist, the alien could be controlling his mind, but the guy thinks they're just in love Laugh I don't care either way). Then the alien finds out that his species are going to invade the planet, and he tells the human, so the human tries to warn the other people at Torchwood but none believe him so then he and the alien go on the run and have to try to stop the others from invading earth? Too cliche? Laugh

The idea of the alien like Adam falling in love with a human who has Alzheimer's is also really intriguing. I think that would also make for a fun/depressing roleplay. Perhaps the alien could insert himself into the human's life, and the human can only remember things when the alien is around, and the alien is preying on the human's other memories accidentally, until only memories with the alien in them are left?

Memory problems are really interesting, so, we have the same interests Laugh
ordue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks for replying despite being busy! c:

I really like the first idea you have as it has more to it, and a more structured storyline despite you thinking it's a bit cliche. It's up to us to make it un-cliche! Laugh I think that it would be very fun to act out especially when adding in the Torchwood cast and with that twist(the alien controlling the guy) it would be awesome.I guess the alien's power would be like the Silence in the way that they can hypnotise/control people with a glance? I'm open to any of your suggestions, and if you choose to be the alien character you can totally choose the 'power' that they have, given that you are great at it! Happy

Your ideas make everything even more amazing! Weeeee Now that you say it like that it would be very entertaining to see how everything would progress from the first appearance of the alien to the future where the human has lost almost all of their memory. It would also be interesting if the guy got suspicious of the alien or if the alien found out how it was its fault that the guy has such a bad memory/ developed 'Alzhiemer's'.

I have no clue over which one I would like to do because I like them both equally and feel that they would both be great to rp. Which ever one you choose is the one that we do. You can also choose which role you would like to play.
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote        
You're welcome ^^ I need something to use to procrastinate on my homework, after all :P

Dang, it's so hard to choose! Can't we do both? Laugh I think I like the first one better; I think the whole possibility of the feeling of betrayal and redemption totally didn't intentionally say Toshiko's theme could allow for amusing plot twists and the human would be like, wait, is he manipulating me, or is he not? Yay for being cruel to the characters and making them not trust each other Laugh I'd personally prefer playing the human, since I'm usually better with humans, but if you would really want to play the human, I'm more than willing to play the alien ^^
ordue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote        
Gahh you got me procrastinating as well, gotta finish up a presentation that's due tomorrow for a class luckily it's almost done. Oh Mai

It does have a wider area to explore. I don't mind being the alien It would be fun to play the part of something that isn't human once in a while.

(Gahh, I never spend too much time on a series music. Maybe because I'm not as musically inclined as you. :P The closest thing to me knowing the characters themes is Gareth's coffee pot song. I am a very sad individual.)

How/who/when do you want to start?
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote        
Oh dear, presentations? D: You just reminded me that I have to make one for my German class tomorrow D: Guess I have something to do tonight. Thankfully, it's only on a song, so it shouldn't be too hard to make.

Yay Happy Perhaps we could start with the Torchwood members being at the site of a meteor crash, and they find the alien there? Will the alien be more humanoid, or something more alien-y?

I love soundtrack music xD My favourite songs from Torchwood are Toshiko's Theme and Owen Fights Death. They're such lovely songs Happy
ordue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
I fell asleep before I could do anything with it but I ended up finishing it in school, luckily. Hai
I always wanted to learn German, I only got as far as learning good morning, excuse me and sorry by my self though. There's not much options in languages here, only Spanish(which I already know).

Sounds great! Happy As for my alien guy I'm thinking humanoid along the lines of this sketch. It's really simple but...I'm very uncreative with outfits.

For further details(wrote this paragraph before sketching him out):
An alien that will be able to mimic the human form in order to blend in with surroundings, this will probably be through alien technology, that is only able to change how light reflects off the alien's body in order to give him a humanoid form but it can not change the shape of his body so it is just his appearance that changes not the feel of his skin and what not. This technology only works on the untrained eye because it is still somewhat 'primitive' compared to other aliens, so it is not able to get past the Torchwood group. He also excrete some type of untraceable alien chemicals (hormones, I guess) at will that makes him able to control humans.

His weakness can probably be things of too high or too low pH. His ear-tech-thingies probably help neutralize his body's pH while in the Earth but it still makes him a bit weak especially if very concentrated things get a hold of him. They also help him communicate as he has no mouth. Laugh

That's about it for the alien, I can't really think of anything else.

I usually don't like instrumentals because they usually come off 'flat' to me but I've just given them a listen. Owen Fights Death is amazing, I wish it was longer! Toshiko's is also very good!
I was listenin to them over and over again then I heard Jack's, another really amazing one. You've got me hooked on Torchwood themes now! XD
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote        
Sorry for taking forever to reply ^^;; I'm not very good at being punctual with replies, as you've probably already noticed ^^;;

I'm fluent in German save for a few issues with grammar here and there, but that's really only because it was my first language and I actually lived in Germany for quite a few years before moving to the US. My school offer German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, and Latin, but that's it. I really want to learn Russian, but, alas, they don't offer it D: I've been trying to learn it on my own, but I've only gotten as far as learning how to pronounce the alphabet (I don't even know the names of the letters xD).

You'll probably hate me for saying this, but it looks a bit like Mewtwo XD It looks awesome, though.

Those sound like pretty awesome powers! So, to communicate, he's more or less telepathic? If someone were to remove those ear thingymabobbers (if that's even possible), would that render him incapable of communicating through anything other than body language?

Jack's theme is amazing! Funnily enough, it actually uses the same exact notes as the 11th Doctor's theme, just in a different order. The Torchwood soundtrack is really amazing, though. I adore it.

Oh, on a random note, have you seen the Torchwood episode 'Fragments'? That's probably my favourite episode of all time. Ianto <3
ordue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
S'okay! I don't mind I do that too. There's random periods where I stop using the computer for weeks or days so beware of those. >c>

That's really cool! Happy I've only place I've ever been outside of here is Cuba and that was restricted to a small part of Havana where my aunt lived. I don't know why but I've always wanted to got to Germany. How was it?

Subliminal mind messages! xDD

I see it. I'm not much of a pokemon fan but I've watched a few of the movies. Though it was long ago and I can't remember the names of the movies or barely what happened in them, two of my favourites were one with mew and this one about a green fly-y pokemon(I think it was rare and it barely appeared and Ash had to save a forest to save it?). The movies that I remember the most are the one with the floating letters and the one where Ash had to save the world by doing something with the 4(?) legendary pokemon because they replayed so much on tv. Laugh But for the game (I only ever had Ruby) my favourite was Linoone even though Zigzagoons were one of the most common pokemon in the game. Weeeee

They're like transparent wavy thingies that wave around always. It is kind of like that, I would think it functions like the the translation mechanism in the Tardis. It's possible to remove them by tugging hard enough, but he's very protective of them. He also knows a few defence and offence techniques so it would be a bit hard to rip them off unless he's completely caught off guard. It would leave him kind of useless and weak. Like a flailing baby alien. Happy

See I would have never noticed that! Do you play any instruments or are you just that awesome?(You'd be awesome either way though.) :o

(At first when we were talking about the themes I was going to joke that the only Torchwood related music that I listened to out of my own will was Gareth's Coffee pot song/rap. Laugh)

OIjsdkfjsd, Jack and Ianto are the cutest things ever, especially their relationship in the show though it gets kind of frustrating sometimes.

That episode is one of my favourites too! Anything with Ianto featuring in it kinda goes on my favourites list. His coffee thing was funny. I had never pictured him in anything but a suit until that episode it was actually weird to see him in normal clothes. Gahh, Owen's wife. I don't know how he stayed all calmi-sh when he saw that thing in her brain. Tosh is amazing! xD

The Adam one is up there too, because it just had everything I wished in there besides the fact that Adam died. D: The switch of roles between Tosh and Owen was the best especially after all that crushing on Tosh's part it was cool to see that she had the upper hand for once. c': Though it didn't last long. :c Ianto's killing thing and Jack's trust in him was also very adorable(for a lack of a better word) ;u;

(Excuse all the faces, so many feels! ;A;<3
DId you watch the whole Torchwood even Miracle Day? Torchwoor stopped being the same after most of the gang was gone, but it was actually ok.)

(Sorry for all the writing I could just go on and on. But I won't. .///. )
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote        
I realise I took forever to reply, and I greatly apologise for that! I did something to my eyes, and I've literally been blind for the past few weeks. I finally managed to open my eyes a couple days ago, so I've only been able to get online now ^^;; Are you still interested in RPing? Because, if so, I am definitely interested as well!

Germany is absolutely lovely, but generally very cold and wet, at least in northern Germany. There is, like, one sunny day every few months xD I'm going again in April, though, and I can't wait Happy

Oh, that's Chelebi, I think Happy I love Celebi, although personally, Darkrai and Shaymin are my favourites. And Kyogre I love Kyogre XD

Okay ^^ My charrie will try to avoid touching his ears, then, hehehe. Although... flailing baby alien... I feel like that would be an oddly adorable sight to see. My charrie may try to take them off once or twice then XD

I play flute, and have been doing so for about 8 years, but I'm still not very good. I really need to practise more. My constantly injured wrists have a different opinion XD

I adore Ianto. He's just so amazing and lovely and *flails*

I know how you feel. Why do they kill off all of the characters who you love? D:

I watched Miracle Day as well, and it was actually quite good. I'm not quite sure why everyone else hates it so much. Yeah, it's very different from the original seasons, but I still think it was quite good. Not to mention, Jack and Angelo *squees* I mean, the whole bit about Angelo betraying Jack wasn't very nice, but their relationship in the beginning... Happy
ordue

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote        
I wish you a quick recovery! ;c;

That's really cool! Happy Here weather is pretty unpredictable. There's a running joke that our weatherman is the worst. xD

All those look pretty awesome! Does Shaymin fly? That was another pokemon movie I watched! :'D

Lol, I am hoping he will try to take them off a few times.

Yeah, the only reason I was hesitant about it was because everyone was just gone. I did grow fond of most of the new characters and was sad when they died (at least the kept it true to the series by killing off everyone you loved ;u; ).

They were cute. But I will always love the Jack and Ianto pairing the most. xD
Ianto would never betray Jack except if he still had a certain half cyberwoman girlfriend. xP
Lord Lucian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks Bouncy Heart

Same here. It snowed four inches yesterday, and today it's 55 degrees outside. Meh. I don't like east coast weather.

I think so, yeah Happy At least, in sky form. It's the little green hedgehog with pink flowers on it.

That's certainly going to be interesting. Let's see who will win: Alien or really tall muscular human.... XD

Same here. It was very different with only Gwen and Jack, I must agree. I really liked Tosh D: I hate that they killed her off. And, yeah, Torchwood really does like to break your heart by killing off all of the awesome characters D:

Yeah, that's the lovely thing about Ianto. He's just so caring and amazing and I love him. I hate Lisa, though. I didn't mind when they killed her off XD

Oh, so I posted the RP Happy http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=465438#465438