Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 pm Reply with quote        
She was silent as she sat at her desk. She had no idea what it was that she was to do, since she was just given one hell of a case to work on. It was a huge case, and she was completely lost as to where to start. She just hoped that the partner that she was apparently going to be assigned would so how up soon; or rather, would be useful. The previous ones had never been anyone really worth working with, had been just highschoolers that had managed to somehow get a badge.

”Fucking... just... uh...” She growled under her breath as she listened for footsteps, hoping that it was someone she could work with. After a few minutes, she did hear them, and she didn't recognize them, meaning that it was most likely someone new, someone that was sent to work with her. As she heard the footsteps though, they seemed to echo in her skull with a shocking vibrancy. She couldn't think, and it didn't take long before she felt her sense failing her.

”Shit... no... not now... please...” She muttered quietly as she fought to keep her hold on this realm. As the door opened, she came back to her office, not sure of what to think of it all, and knowing that she would be forced into that later. With a mental curse, she looked to who came in.

”Yes? How may I help you?” She asked with a bit of a snarl.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote        
"Officer Vierayen." the man said, as he entered, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and flicking it into the metal trash container by the door.

He was dressed in a ratty fedora-like hat, and wore a long trenchcoat, soaked through, as it was raining outside. His steely blue eyes looked directly at her, and almost seemed to be judging her very soul. He had a number of scars on his face, but the most prominent one was a cross-shaped one on his right cheek, which seemed to have been dealt to him a long time ago... and refused to heal properly.

He was Detective Ty "Quick" Silver, a private eye with a rather... dubious... reputation.

He was 31 years old, and had never lost a case... no matter what. He did whatever needed to be done to solve a case, even if it required stepping far across the line of legality. There were also rumours that he had killed the most people out of all those in the law profession, and his own.

In fact, he got his nickname from being quick with his special silver gun, which he always had with him.

"It seems that I've been called in to assist you on a case you currently have." he told her, as he made his way to a chair and sat down upon it.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote        
When he started speaking, the fact that she started with her 'title' there. She didn't say anything though, since she was too busy trying to figure out what she should think of him. It didn't take long though, before she gave up trying to find any shred of light regarding this man.

"Tch." She just growled slightly under her breath as he sat down. She watched him with her hauntingly bright blue eyes, and just prayed that they weren't the shade of purple they tended to go at times. Granted she wouldn't have been surprised if they were, but she hoped he wouldn't pick up on it.

"It's known I don't like working with people, so were you given a reason as to why you were sent here to work with me?" She asked, trying to keep her tone calm and civil.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 pm Reply with quote        
He was silent for a moment after she spoke, before shrugging.

"The Chief told me that you could use some help." he said to her.

"Said that if you were gonna continue to treat your other partners like babies, then you'd be given someone you'd have to watch your tongue around." he explained.

"Not that I blame you though." he suddenly said.

"From what the Chief told me, you kept getting pink-bottomed self-esteemers that thought because they hit a target with a training pistol, they were going to single-handedly save the entire city from filth." he added with a snicker.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote        
She just blinked slightly before shaking her head. It seemed that he wasn't an idiot, perhaps this wouldn't be so bad... As long as he didn't end up finding out about her extra ability. That alone, was why she rarely, if ever, worked with anyone. Far too many times she had been called insane, or a menace, because of it. The Cheif knew, and didn't treat her any differently because of it, thankfully.

"Fine. Whatever, as long as you aren't a fucking teenage prom king or queen, and know how to keep your mouth shut and follow orders." she growled.

"If I tell you to fuck off, you do so. Got it?" she asked
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote        
He snickered again.

"Honey, I'm here to do a job." he told her.

"I'll do whatever it takes to get said job done." he continued, before cracking his knuckles some, and looking straight at her.

"Also, let it be noted that when I came in here, your eyes were purple, but now they're blue." he said to her out of nowhere.

"None of my business as to why, but just to let you know. I don't miss much." he added, letting her know that he didn't care about her eyes, or why it happened.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote        
She growled slightly, but wasn't surprised, when he mentioned her eye colour.

Oh, of course. She growled mentally before sighing and nodding.

"Alright, fine. Now tell me, the hell can I call you?" she asked. "If we're to work together, I daresay that it would be a good diea to know what to call you. Me? My name is Miki." She told him simply.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
"Name's Ty." he told her.

"My friends call me that, anyway. Least they would, if any of them survived long enough to be friends." he continued.

"Regardless, nice to meet you, Miki. And let's hope we can stay on each other's good sides until this case is solved." he said.

"You have a problem with smoking?" he then asked.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote        
"Only if you don't share." Miki told him simply, not touching on what he said about his friends. She figured she would find out eventually, whether it was something that she wanted to know or not, or even if he wanted her to know or not. It didn't matter, she'd probably end up finding out.

"And alright then, Ty." She said before sliding a folder towards him.

"I don't know if you got a copy of the file. On the offchance you didn't, here." she said. "I already have it all copied onto my laptop, so I don't care about the physical copies so much. Keep them if you so desire."

"Have you ever heard about the mystery man 'Hunter'?" She asked him as she leaned back in her chair.

"I ask because it seems he's shown up here, and that's the case that I was handed."
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
He took the folder, and looked over the contents.

"...'Hunter', huh?" he asked.

"Yeah, I've heard of him." he told her.

"Real piece o'work. Likes the little girls. But only likes 'em until they're so old." he continued.

"Been at it for a long time now."
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
"Seems you do keep up on the news a bit. Not that it's all that hard. He's been all over the freaking news stations for years now, and now that a few children have gone missing here in San Fransico, the news is covering him even more." Miki told him as she brushed a lock of her deep violet hair out of her face. She was one of the only ones to be able to get away with her hair, and it was solely because of her reputation.

"So, I want to find the fucker fast, before even more end up dead, or missing." She said simply, her voice getting a bit of a sharp edge to it.

"All of the children that have gone missing, have been going to the Little Tyke's preschool on the corner of Franklin and Sacramento." she added. "All under the age of five, too"
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote        
He looked at her, and thought for a moment.

"Hm." he muttered.

"It's possible that he'd abducting them at Lafayette Park." he told her.

"And something tells me that that preschool is going to have more victims, if we don't act fast." he added, taking off his own hat and revealing his own hair... a brilliant and pure shade of silver.
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote        
She was looking at a map when he said that, and just nodded in agreement.

"Agreed. He most likely is, unless he works at the preschool." She said with a sigh before looking up just as he took his hat off. When she saw his silver hair, she found herself unable to look away for close to a full minute. She shook her head quickly, trying to pull herself away and just mentally cursed herself.

You can't afford any type of relationship. Don't let things like that cross your mind, dammit. She growled mentally before looking at the map again.

"Do you want to check out the preschool, or hang around the park for a bit to see if we can find anything out?" She asked, all the while ignoring the thoughts running through her head. Some were rather inappropriate, but on the other hand she was wondering how old he was, since that wasn't a natural hair colour, and it didn't look like a dye job...
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote        
"Well, the park theory has no basis." he told her.

"We should probably interview some staff at the preschool, and find out if they actually take the children there... or used to, anyway." he said.

"From there, we can decide to go there or not, based on what the people that work there say." he continued.

"Besides... with how it's pouring out there, I doubt the park would be viable right now."
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
She looked out the window when he mentioned the rain and sighed.

"That... is a damn good point. I've been officially cooped up in here too long and need to go home and go to bed if I didn't even realize that it's raining." She said with a sigh, just as there was a rather nasty clap of thunder.

"But... of course, I can't walk home, and I can't drive at the moment." She told him with a sigh. It was a common thing, her having to leave her car there overnight or what-have-you. She always knew when it was a bad idea to drive, or at least... almost always. She'd been in a few rather severe accidents before, and they were her fault, but thankfully she still had her license.

"Anyway, we'll do that tomorrow, after I catch up on my sleep since I've been here since yesterday." She said before sighing. "again..." she added under her breath.