Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote        
He looked to her.

"Need a lift home?" he asked.

"I got my license, but driving's always been a pain in my ass... well, specifically, paying the insurance, so I just said fuck it." he told her.

"If you need sleep, I can easily get ya where ya need to go."
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote        
"Huh? Oh.. uh sure." She said with a small shrug. It was odd, the thought of someone else going to her house with her, nevermind driving her car. It was odd... she hadn't had any type of company in years. She was one of the most antisocial people that someone would meet, solely because she realized how hazardous it was for anyone to be around her, for her.

"Alright then. Sure. Come on then." She said as she got to her feet and stretched, her back cracking rather loudly as she did so.

"Ouch... that.. needed to happen, obviously." She muttered as she straightened up and grabbed her coat off of the back of her chair.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote        
"Sure sounded like it." he agreed, as he stood up, himself, and put his hat back on.

"Also sounds like you really do need to get some sleep... more than you may know." he added.

"Regardless, I'll drive you back, and hoof it back to my place."
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote        
She just looked at him, an almost pointed expression on her face. Him walking back to wherever he lived was not something she was going to allow, solely becayse of how far it would be.

"Hell no." She told him simply as she grabbed her messenger bag and made sure everything was good, and her computer was shut down for the night.

"I live just outside the city. You're not walking anywhere from there." She told him simply, and in a tone that left no room for negotiation as she walked towards him, and the door. On the way, she grabbed her keys off of the desk, and froze for a moment. She felt an echo of something, and did her best to fight it down. She did not want to fall victim to it until she was in bed, since chances are it would knock her out for a few hours.

"So tell me, why do you say that I probably do need sleep more than I know, anyway?" she asked, making sure not to look at him, since she was sure her eyes had shifted again.
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote        
He just shrugged.

"Hey, whatever you say." he said, before looking to her. He raised an eyebrow when she froze, but let it be, when she asked her question.

"When I noticed your eyes earlier, I noticed the dark circles under them." he told her.

"The kind that only show up when one has forgone sleep for a number of nights."
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote        
She sighed slightly.

"Of course I've been forgoing sleep for awhile. I'm one of the only reliable people here, and as such I get one hell of of a workload. I hate it, but it pays well, so I can't really complain." She said with a small sigh. It was a lie, but she couldn't tell him the truth, couldn't tell him that she got minimal sleep because of something she couldn't control.

"Anyway, come on." she said as she led him outside and to her car. She unlocked door on the passenger side before tossing the keys to him.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote        
He followed her out to her car, catching the keys after she tossed them to him.

He unlocked the driver's side, and climbed in, shutting the door behind him.

"Hm... nice vehicle." he said.

"You must take really good care of it, if your commute is as hellish as you say."
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote        
"This baby is my life." Miki told him as she climbed in and buckled up.

"Seriously. I take care of this thing as if it was my biological child. If I didn't, I'd be fucked." she stated simply. "So be nice to it, please." she added with a small laugh.

"Anyway, you're heading south." she added.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote        
"Of course." he replied with a small smile, and turned it on.

"South, huh?" he then asked, flipping the windshield wipers on next.

"Gotcha." he added, as he turned the car in the opposite direction it was facing, and started down the wet road.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote        
She was silent as he drove, just trying to hold it all at bay.

No... don't. Please.. let me get home first... She thought as she just sat there, her eyes closed as she tried to keep herself tied to that realm for the moment. It wasn't easy, and if she had been looking at anyone, they would actually be able to see her eyes shifting from the haunting blue they were naturally, to more of a violet that matched her hair.

The deeper she sank, the harder she tried not to, and the more she failed.

Shit... no.. I can't.. just... no... please... she begged her mind, hoping that it would respond in such a way that she wouldn't be pulled from her body. She didn't want to, not now, not with someone she didn't know....
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote        
He continued to drive, and looked over to her for a moment.

"Hm? Hey, Miki." he said to her.

"You all right over there?" he asked, looking to be thinking about something.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote        
"Yeah... I'm alright." She said, it was only a half truth though, but, well, she was still there, still aware of what was going on.

"Just exhausted." she told him before looking up and out the windsheild to see where they were. It took her a minute before she just shook her head and brought a hand up.

"Ugh, I feel like shit. Anyway, turn left at the fourth light from here." she told him.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote        
"Well... all right then." he replied, looking ahead.

"Fourth light. Then left." he repeated.

"You know, I know the city fairly well. If you just give me the address, I can get us right there no problem." he then told her.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote        
"Huh? Oh, right." She said before shaking her head slightly.

"2597 Heaven Drive." She told him simply, her voice seeming to falter towards the end of it though.

"Fuck. Ugh, I hate being me sometimes." she muttered as she shook her head.

"I'll tel you right now, Ty. I am not someone you want to be paired up with for this." She added, as a warning.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote        
He committed the address to memory, but once again, raised an eyebrow at her... this time about her last comment.

"Well, I could say the same to you, about me." he replied.

"But, I may as well ask. What do you mean?" he inquired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 45, 46, 47  Next