Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Entrance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Newcomers Help Center: v2.0 is here! (still setting up)
Kalietha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote        
Thanks for the welcome! I've been having a blast so far.
mysticLunar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote        
Hello could I have one of the newbie packages? please? also thanks for creating this guild it was really helpful.
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote        
Eh, thanks! Glad it's helping people!

I'll send you a gift pack in a few minutes...

aiyannaai327

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
Hello,
I'm so glad someone told me about this topic ;~; So helpful!

May I have a newbie pack as well, please?
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:01 am Reply with quote        
Sure, I'll send you a gift pack soon! ^^

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote        
This is a good guide. It explained a lot of things that I was uncertain about with character development and combat!

Would it be possable to expand a post on the 'Explore' section? I was hoping to do more that just fight. So far I have talked to an NPC who wants 10 iron ores in exchange for a weapon. He said the Iron ores could be found in the area. I have no idea how to find the ores in that area or how to use the mine skill.

I suspect there must already be threads explaining that but I haven't been able to find them in my forum searches yet.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote        
Ugh, the "Explore" thing changed so often I didn't think about making a guide for it. Yet. But I'll add that to the list of things that need to be done to update this thread. Wink

So, the NPC you met is part of the event going on now (it's finishing soon though?). You can get iron (and most things NPCs will ask for), by battling, or by browsing the forum. Battling is usually faster and more efficient though. The mining skill (and pretty much every skill except forging and enchanting) can't be used right now, although I'm suspecting Cat of planning something for them too. So yeah, for now the only way to collect quest things is by battling and browsing.

Hope this is somewhat clear. If you need more help, just ask! Soft Smile

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote        
I guess that is both the advantage and the problem with joining into new games. Things are always evolving and adapting. You never know what your character is going to be able to do from one week to the next. But when you join up with well established games there are always people so much stronger than you. Of course those stronger people are the ones who were involved during the development of THAT game.

I have never gotten into a game at this beginning level of development. I think I will like the challenge of it. Could I talk you out of one of those beginner packs? I think I will hang around and see what I can do in here.
YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote        
Hello~! Can I have a newcomer's package, please? Smile
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote        
@ Strix Varia: Yeah, being part of an evolving game is nice. Mido's been sorta slow for a while since there were very few people (like, only Cat?) working on it, but now things are starting to move faster. The changes are nice though, and hopefully they'll make things better and funnier for everyone. Soft Smile

And sure, I'll send both of you a gift pack in a minute or two. ^^

EveningStar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
Hello! This guide has been incredibly helpful, thank you so much! Could I please have one of those newbie packs? Soft Smile
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote        
Glad to know it helped! ^^
And I'll send you a gift package soon.

EveningStar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:54 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you!
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote        
Hello! Thank you so much for making this guide, I've been checking it constantly!

The advice about setting up a character was particularly useful to me, especially the bit about being able to do it over again. When I join a new game, I'm never sure what choices are going to be changeable or not, and it makes me a bit hesitant.

I'd like to request a newbie package, if I may.
My entry thread is here: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=10489 if you need verification of posting.

Thank you again for doing this!
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote        
I just found out today that the list of monsters you fight in the battle section are different depending on what section of 'Explore' you are in. I was a bit embarrassed for not knowing. I just went back through the help, FAQ, and Help Center and I still can't find where it mentions that.

Would it be possible to add something in this thread about what levels of monsters can be found in which sections? I know the monsters are always changing but the levels should be roughly the same. While I was experimenting I found one section that said "no monsters corresponding to your level". I forget which one it was but I am only level 11 right now.