Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139  Next
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:20 am Reply with quote        
She sighed. Lindsay wanted to talk to her, since she'd been insanely distant for the past few weeks. She knew that, and knew why, but she didn't know if she could actually voice it with Lindsay. Although, she DID realize that he was probably going to force it out of her, and that was why she was leaving, she wanted to go pick up something she'd ordered first.

--

It was a couple of hours later that she returned and was hunting out Lindsay.

"Hey! Lindsay!" She called as kicked off her shoes.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:41 am Reply with quote        
For an answer, she received silence. Pure silence for a full minute, before her cell phone chimed, indicating she had a text message.

I'm in the backyard. It was getting stuffy in the home office, so I decided to get some fresh air. it said.

Rowena wasn't there anymore, as she was living at Vincent's now, and Ash and Ashley were out on a bounty hunt. So right now, it was just her and Lindsay at the place.

It worked out well for her, seeing as she would want privacy to speak with him for this.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quote        
Casey read the text before heading out to the backyard where he was. when she walked out and saw him, she paused for a moment, her hand slipping into into her pocket where what she picked up was.

"Hey... you wanted to talk to me?" She asked as she walked up to him.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:54 am Reply with quote        
He looked over to her from his chair, and nodded as he stood up, meeting her halfway to him.

"Yes." he replied.

"You've been acting very cold and distant as of the past couple of weeks." he told her.

"Please... did I do something?" he asked.

"Say something? Say something and not do something? Do something and not say something? Not say and do something?" he continued to ask, obviously worried about her and their standing with each other right now.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote        
"Lindsay..." Casey started before sighing and stepping back.

"I..." she added before pausing.

"Lindsay... I've been thinking." She said before pausing, not realizing that it made it seem like it was bad news that she was about to say.

"After Kalin and Rene got married, I've been thinking. I came to talk to you about the whole marriage thing." She added before she withdrew the small package from her pocket.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote        
He seemed to freeze up, and mentally feared the worst, when she said that she'd been thinking.

His fear turned to outright confusion though, when he heard her talking about how her sister and her boyfriend had finally tied the knot.

He wondered what she was talking about... until he noticed her withdraw the small package from her pocket.

'Wait... wait... really? Is... is this...?' he asked himself, as he prepared for whatever was coming next.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quote        
Casey stepped forward and took his hand before laying the small pack atop his, and her other hand atop the pack as she had a hand below his.

"Lindsay... I love you. I have since I first met you, and ever since Linds died, I can say that it has increased." She told him.

"I would love nothing more than to be with you, forever. So... I know this is usually something for the male to do, but.." she paused for a moment, taking a breath.

"Lindsay, will you marry me?" she asked.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote        
Lindsay found himself speechless for almost a full 15 seconds, before he forced himself to speak.

"Casey..." he said quietly.

"I... I love you too... so much... more than you could ever imagine." he started off.

"And... nothing would make me happier, than to spend the rest of my life... however long or short that may be... with you." he continued, before sighing.

"As such... of course I accept. Of course I'll marry you!" he then told her happily.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote        
Casey was silent before she she removed her hands, allowing him to look in the small box. When he did, he would have seen a pendant that looked like a pure silver phoenix, along with having a few small rubies adorning it throughout the wings. The rubies along an apparent charm, made the wings look like they were honestly flames.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote        
His eyes seemed to sparkle with the reflection of the pendant, a stunned expression on them.

"It's... it's... gorgeous." he said breathlessly.

"How... how on earth did you even afford such a stunning piece?" he asked her.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote        
Casey just smirked.

"Had to bribe them with one of my originals." She told him honestly as she took the pendant out and clasped it around his neck so that it hung at the perfectly level. The phoenix was just below his collarbone, and seemed to make his red hair glow a bit aswell.

She stepped back.

"... Thank you." She said after a moment.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote        
He couldn't believe she gave up one of her original paintings to acquire this... it must have been quite the sacrifice for her.

But that wondering was cut short, when she thanked him.

"Eh?" he asked, looking at her.

"Thank you? What... what are you thanking me for?" he asked her honestly, his eyes having the confusion in them that was usually associated with his... previous unintelligent state, before the events with Linds in the mirror world.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote        
"For accepting." Casey told him honestly.

"I've been wondering for awhile now, why it was that you never brought it up with me, or why it was that whenever I brought it up, you shoved it off and just brushed it away." She added.

"Every time, you kept gettnig distracted or something, and I didn't know if that was because of anything in specific, or if it was just happening. After awhile, I started wondering... is it because you didn't want to?"

"So... thank you for easing my heart with the acceptance."
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote        
It was then, that he seemed to acquire a look of almost guilt.

"I... I'm sorry I made you feel that way... it was not my intention, I assure you." he told her.

"I guess... even with my new intellect... there are still a few things I am painfully oblivious to... such as your feelings and desires for this marriage." he admitted.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote        
"Hey, don't feel bad. I know that you aren't the most perceptive and all that, so it's fine. Really." She told him with a small smile before hugging him tightly.

"I'm just... I'm happy you agreed." She added after a moment.