Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote        
Turns out I can't quit. But I did learn some stuff about myself. I learned that I lack passion. I have many, many interests, but I don't have a passion. I learned that some people look up to me, and how hard I pursue somethings, and I found that some people look down on me, on how I don't even try some things. I learned that I am greatly disappointed in myself and that I want to outgrow, outlive, and out-show my brothers. I found that there is a deeply rooted rivalry between by brother and I, because I always looked up to him and want to surpass him in every manner. I also learned that I'm in love, but I don't know who it's with. Maybe it's everyone. I learned that, while I don't show it, I'm very sensitive to the world, and I pick up on little things, but not on people. And finally, I learned that my memory has gone bad because one of the three golden rules of software engineering: Reduce the amount of memory the user must use. Meaning, it's because information is so easy to get that my memory is going out the window. I want to be buff.

So, I've been doing some thinking. I think it's time I take a break from Midorea, Facebook, and the internet in general. I've become too attached to it. When I get up in morning and go to sleep at night, the first and last thing I do is surf the web. I spend over 8 hours a day on the net. I figure the only way I can stop is to cut cold turkey. So, once this event is wrapped up, I'm going to take a break from the net, explore the outside world, and find myself. I will be back, probably in a month, but it could be as long as a year. I still plan on having my feast, and I still want to see some of y'all at Otakon. I love everyone at this site so much, beyond words, and you can all reach me at (240)298-2921. Verizon texts and calls are free. Wink

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote        
Well I can't honestly say we've had that much of a dialogue :p But still, however long you're gone, and whatever it is you do I wish you the best of luck, and have fun~

Unless it's like... Murdering people. Then I hope you have terrible luck.

I should do something like this myself really, it's just getting over my shyness to do so, I mean I'm still shy around people here and I've been on this site for so long now xD

JOLLY COOPERATION!
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote        
I never found you to be shy, and always appreciate when I see you.

As for murdering people, it depends on the circumstances. For example, if I kill one bad person to save two innocent people. Or what if I accidently kill someone? What about unknowingly starting a chain reaction that results in someone dying and I never know?

I'm guessing you mean good ethics. Is it alright to do something bad if the good that results is better, and how do we weigh this?
Let's say I murder millions of people to become the leader, so that I can better the quality of the hundreds of billions of people I would rule? What if I killed 2/3 of the population so that the 1/3 could repopulate the earth with a healthier race?

This is why I don't talk about Hitler. To me, he was more of a good guy than a bad guy. He was trying to make the world better. I'm not a Nazi, I can't stand communism. etc. I just don't particularly think people think stuff through before saying murder is bad.

Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote        
Fair point lol, I'll phrase it better:

Murdering for unethical reasons = Bad luck.
Murdering someone to save other people = Good luck.
Murdering someone for the good of the world = Good luck.
Murdering Justin Beiber........ U da bes. (jk.. maybe)

Makes me think about these people who've been robbed, defended themselves against said robber, and ended up going jail because of it, sometimes for longer than the robbers themselves. Messed up world is messed up ._.'

JOLLY COOPERATION!
neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, it just depends on how you mince words and interpret laws.

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote        
That's an interesting decision you're making. But its good! You shouldn't have to rely or be addicted to something for entertainment. I wish you the best of luck on whatever goes on in your life while you're gone c:

::Shop::
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote        
Well, it's like a bike(internet) leaning against a tree(me). You mean to just leave it there for a short time, and that's fine. Even for a decent amount of time, it's fine. However, if you leave it there long enough, the tree will grow around the bike and the bike will become part of the tree.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote        
Alright. Tonight's the last night I'm going to be on. Good bye.