Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2
HoneyFuckles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote        
He'd known the fist was coming as soon as the man stood up despite the fact he had not willed for the spark to come forth and strike the man. Even with his slight flinch away the hand still managed the back of his head to give him the feeling of having been chastised such as a child may have. Even so, that feeling quickly fled him when the stranger spoke of the crown and his attention was only offered towards that prospect. He'd heard of the crown,as everyone had, and as a boy he'd dreamed of leaving the monastery to instead become a citizen of the town or even the prospect of having been adopted by the king and queen themselves to live a life of luxury.

He was broken out of his day-dreaming stupor when he was told to gather his things, and while the boy felt hesitant to leave the man he took his orders obediently. Fleeing from the dimly lit kitchen back through the dark center of church to his tiny room. He found everything where it'd laid when he first heard the sounds at the door, his smooth and broken stones of prayer scattered among his thin wool blanket while his other few possessions of paper and quil laid upon the floor next to an alternate outfit which was worse off than the one he was wearing. He'd nothing to put anything into, cloth or knapsack, and so instead he wrapped his things in his extra shirt to it was easy to carry and has the brief illusion that it was wrapped in something nicer than a ripped and stained shirt. With his things properly packed and knowing nothing else but the impending leave to the crown the following morning, he retired to his mattress of straw for dreams of the king and queen.

--

He was woken the next morning by one of the monks, a light nudge of his boot against his side quickly pulling him from dreams of magic and royalty. Quickly he removed himself from bed to become prepared for any task he was to be given in his final morning. The monk's face was not filled with a look which spoke of chores to be done, rather his face turned into something the boy could only call a look of disgust. Clearly it was directed at him. With his head hung low he knew that the man in the kitchen must've given his story in one way or another, and his assumption was that said conversation included talk of magic. Wordlessly he picked up his bundle of things to follow the monk who was already leaving his room as though it contained the plague. He hoped he and the stranger would be able to leave soon so as not to have to be subjected to the rules and feelings of the church-goers.
Viridian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote        
He had been woken by angry balding men poking and prodding him as he moved to get out of their kitchen. It seemed that he was wrong, and the benevolent order would not give him amnesty from the rain. The monks were quite animate about his corruption upon their abode. He tried to offer them part of his meat as a thank you for the lodgings but it did not sooth them or their angry god. Especially when a warrior such as himself could not be converted, and the ruby droplets of blood could not come out the carpets. With angry politeness he was made to wait outside the grand doors for his new charge. Luckily the rain had stopped but he could see how the rain would make this journey harder with out a horse. The fertile ground had no time to suck up the rain, and even in his heavy boots he could feel the moist ground slipping from beneath him as he paced.

At last the double doors were opened and the boy nearly flung out with as much disdain as himself. Silently he regarded the boy. In the soft shades of morning light the lad proved to be quite handsome. From his distance he could not see the colors of his eyes but it did not matter.The gangly figure shrouded in loose clothing, reminded him alot of himself in youth. As the other descended the stairs and came to his side he noticed the lad was not yet finished growing, and stood only a foot shorter then he. Idly once the boy was with in range he reached up and patted him on his crop of golden brown locks and then his eyes fell to the bandaged hands. He wondered what tales the grungy white bandages could tell him about the lad. the boy seemed need of feeding and proper clothing was also in order. No matter how youthful the angles of his face were, he simply could not be presented to court in his state.

Releasing the boy from his touch he circled him, seeing what material he had to work with. Even if the boy could not impress a real mage, he seemed clever and wordy enough to land himself a good fate. At last he paused back infront of the ragamuffin. "Take one last look child. It seems your brothers do not want you to return. From hence forth come what may, you are in my charge unless another master claims your magic skills. So tell me, do you have a name child?"
HoneyFuckles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote        
He nearly tripped out into the mud as they forced him from the doors with nothing except his small bundle of things. Staggering steps were taken as he tried to catch his balance, and already he could feel the cold, slippery mud against his feet which proved difficult as he stepped closer to the hunter who already began to inspect him.

His head hung low, he knew he appeared pitiful in his oversized clothes and grungy skin. He did not look up until the other halted in front of him and reached out to pat him on the head like a dog. Without the shadows of the night and the dagger in hand, the man did not appear nearly as intimidating as he had, and now he was not as afraid of what may become of him on their travels. Perhaps it was because they were heading to meet the court, or he no longer felt welcome at the monastery, or perhaps it was a bit of everything- the boy was not sure.

He adjusted his small pack of his possessions on his back as the man spoke. There was no need to turn around to view the monastery again. By now it was committed to memory and it no longer mattered because he was no longer welcome, and so he shook his head at the warrior to deny his suggestion. “My name is Petia. Do you have a name, sir?”
Viridian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 am Reply with quote        
Of course he had a name. A smirk crept on his lips as he turned, judging the path they had to travel. He started to sojourn down the road before answering the lad, Petia. "I do have a name." He said smartly. He waited a while, threading down the pathway between the trees before pausing again. He could hear the muddle sloshing between the lads bare feet. He paused and rummaged through his own packs, producing a pair of well worn riding shoes. Twisting he tossed it to the boy. "My name is Zakchinos. Those should at least get you to town with out falling." He said noticing that perhaps they would not given their size. Looking back again, he wondered if he was up to the task. The lad looked as though he knew nothing of real life. "Tell me boy, did those monks teach you how to live out side of their gospel?"
HoneyFuckles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote        
He was left on an edge waiting for the man to speak his name, but was not yet rewarded with the answer as a pair of well loved boots were tossed his way. Only through his balance and good coordination was he able to catch them without dropping his own pack. He did his very best to shake off the mud from his feet before slipping the boots over top. They did not look to be in the best shape, but they were better than any shoe he'd had in the past, and they did their job of keeping his feet from the ground.

"Thank you, Zakchinos," His voice was soft and low out of his shyness and thankfulness of the man's generosity. "I was never given duties to stray far from the monastery in which to gather things, and what I did gather was always needed for the sole purpose of chapel. I have not been living elsewhere but the monastery since before I can remember." He tried his best to follow the man through the muddy terrain, and because of the boots- despite them being a few sizes too big- he was able to follow better than he would have sans boots. The boy kept his eyes on the ground do as not to slip.
Viridian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote        
Hearing his name allowed spoken by the young was some what strange. Twisting he could see the lad trudging along tryin to keep up with his step. His answers only meant that the boy knew nothing of the real world"Call me Zak. You manners put me in a higher place then necessary." He could see their foot steps were leading them into the correct way to find hte most traveled road back to the city. "That is a shame, there are basic skills every boy should know. How will you survive off berries alone if you can not kill a wild animal? Or fight off thieves...And do not say magic boy." Shaking his head once they had gotten to the long narrow trail of brown soil.

Perhaps it was his lack of companionship, or that the boy was so poorly tended too, but Zak had found a strange attachment to him. Every so often out of the corner of his eye he could see the thick brown boots thudding along and Petia wadding along with him. A long silence passed between them. The sun began to peak through the blanket of grey clouds, and Zak could see by the slow churn of the shadows how much time had passed on their trek. By the time the sun had reached its peak, he paused the boy, pointing to a small speck in the distance. It was in the outline of a castle surrounded by a thick wall. Listening, he twisted his head in the direction of the nearest babble, leading the pair towards a river that was not to far off the path. "Do you know how to fish at least?"
HoneyFuckles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote        
"Yes sir, I mean Zac." He made the mental note about his blunder and that he would call the man Zac from then on. They'd been walking in silence for a long period, and while he knew last night's storm was not isolated above the monastery, it was less wet on their trail than it was back home. Well, it was no longer home, and shaking his head he dismissed the thoughts from his mind.

"I never said I was incapable of fighting people off, that was an assumption on your part...Zac." As the other took a pause, he came to a halt just behind him in an effort to find out what the man was trying to see. He saw no more than trees and the sky which looked angry with the intention of cutting loose. He took a step or two closer to the warrior.

"I know how to fish. One of jobs at the chapel was to catch fish at the river for Sunday meals," the boy explained. "I had figured that my fishing and gathering skills would allow for me to survive at least a month outside of the monastery if not longer." His face began to itch and so lifting a hand he nervously scratched while he looked around. "You are obviously a hunter, are you part of the court?"
Viridian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 am Reply with quote        
The sir made him smile, if only the lad knew he did not really command much authority he would not be so polite. Though it seemed the lad was just as talkative as he was the previous night. Since he had the boy in his care, he decided to use to his advantage while he could. Zak choose to simply not answer. The boy would find out every thing soon enough if he stay in his charge long enough. Instead in drew closer to the water. "Good then you can catch lunch." He saw among the murky depths some hearty fish flowing gently with the current. "And use your magic to catch us some hearty eats boy." He said retreating from the water. He pulled his belongings from around his shoulder and dropped them on a patch of ground he thought was the least damp.

Searching around the nearest brush, he went to find the driest kindle he could find. After ripping sticks from a tree he piled them in a dry spot by the river bank and set them a blaze. With his job done, and the mid afternoon clouds covering the sky threatening to rain again, Zak found himself laying by his fire, lazily waiting for his meal to be caught.
HoneyFuckles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote        
He'd stood there with a face of both apprehension and fear as he watched the man to search for kindle. It was apparent that the man did not understand the fact that he had no real control over his magic, and with the many instances the evening before it probably looked like he really did know how to use his talent properly. Not wanting to get in trouble for disobeying, he fled from their apparent campsite for the river instead, and on his way instead of trying to focus his magic he instead looked for a strong stick. Many were still damp from the rain, and any dry were more inclined to be kindle then a fishing pole.

Eventually, he found one thick enough he thought the rain would not have compromised strength, and looking for something to tie to the end he found nothing. Standing at the end of the river he noticed it was not clear like the lake he was familiar with. Still, it was his job to fish them dinner, and he was willing to compromise. Setting the stick aside he fingered the hem of his ragged shirt in search of a loose thread, and finding one he gave it a tug until he had a long enough length he could use it. Giving it a quick tie to the end of the pole he gave a small flourish so that the string fell into the murky water and he hoped a fish would find the end of his line.
Viridian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
He had dozed off and did not hear anything in his laze and when he woke he came to find a small black kettle on his fire. Twisting his body he wandered if the boy had gone back to the church to get it, or if a passing traveler joined their party. Pushing himself off the ground he wandered up to the pot looking down at its creamy insides along with various clumps of grilled fish. A soft neigh alerted him to what he needed to know. He felt a slight relief at the phantoms his mind conjured up, logic won out and not magic. Gazing about he took note of the kind old man tending to his horse and the wagon attached to it. Opening his mouth he called out for Petia. "Alter boy!!, where are you?"
HoneyFuckles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote        
His line dangled in the water again, the light nibbles of fish against the string letting him know the possibility of another fish being caught for that night's supper, or even as tomorrow's breakfast. Patiently he watched the shadows beneath the surface of the murky stream until he thought one was going to bite. His whole body tensed in expectation when he heard his newly appointed title called out, and in fear he dropped his pole and scared all of the fish away. Disappointment seized his insides until he remembered he was called away, and plucking his pole from the damp edge of the water he headed back to where their supper bubbled away on their borrowed kettle.

"Yes, sir?" The boy called as he trekked up the muddy terrain, nearly slipping in the slick mess, "I was trying to catch more fish at the river when you called me." Tossing down the stick next to the fire he figured it could be used if it had not gotten too wet. "I believe I caught enough to make this stew with the help of the man I met at the river, he is a nice fellow, he had herbs and vegetables he was able to throw in the soup, and he had this pot for us to borrow too. he said as long as he could join us for dinner that we could use them as we wished this evening." The boy nervously switched his weight from foot to foot as he fingered his wrapping, "That is okay right? He did not seem bad, but you were sleeping and I was supposed to be fishing so I was not sure."