Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next
Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:43 am Reply with quote        
I'll PM you over at Lemma, we're derailing things here.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote        
Kay, looking forward to it.

Also, is it sad when I think of Lemma I think of Lima beans? o.o;

Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote        
Lemmasoft? I've never heard of it. That's awesome that you do freelance art for games! Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote        
It's a company that makes a program called Ren'Py, which is a visual novel engine. It's a good program to work with to me~ I'm sure they make other things too though. I don't know their other work though.

Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote        
Actually, LemmaSoft is only connected in that it does forums that have a Ren'Py section. The guy that hosts it is just a fan. He's done a VN or two using the engine I think. Ren'Py is made by one guy who works on it for fun in his spare time. I'm pretty sure he hasn't done anything else, he doesn't have the time.

Anyway, the LemmaSoft Forums are pretty much where all the people who make Visual Novels hang out. It's mostly Ren'Py users because it's an awesome engine but there are quite a few people who use other engines like Novelty or Unity or HTML5 or whatever.

Thank you, I love being an artist for video games so I think it's really cool too. It's a dream come true, and something I didn't think would happen until I was much better than I am even now. Funny thing was, once I reached a certain point in skill the job offers started coming to me and I've been doing it ever since. The pay insecurity and client negotiations are terrible though, it's not for anyone who doesn't really love what they're doing.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote        
I've heard of Novelty, but I use Ren'py because I already knew someone who used it, so she gave me some general tips at the start. I didn't really realize LemmaSoft was just the forums basically, but...They're great forums, aren't they? So many nice people <3 And the program is nice, so...It works out well~

Sharm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:53 pm Reply with quote        
It's an easy mistake to make, PyTom (creator of Ren'Py) is a mod over there after all.

Saygen, what are some of your favorite retro games?
Peril

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 pm Reply with quote        
When I hear Lemma, I think of the easily observed facts that help you prove theorems that are more involved. Because that's what lemmas are in mathematics.

I'll leave now. >.>

Peril is also Zillah.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote        
I love/hate when mathematical terms are used for other things.

I hate it because it confuses me.
I love it because Linear is a pretty name to me o.o;

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote        
I'll have to look at Novelty, too! LemmaSoft sounds like a very unique idea. I hate negotiating, though. Too many years in retail (3 years) to enjoy even slight disagreements anymore. Sweat

Runescape is my most favorite retro game. I guess the title also includes old arcade games, so I love Four Player Pacman! Seriously, best game ever to play with friends. Classic Mario and Space Invaders. I also found a site online that allows you to play all the old retro games for free, so I picked through a bunch of those. Centipede, Joust, and Pong. XD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote        
Sounds fun. I do like retro games- particularly tetris and snake xD Seriously, I still adore tetris. I used to have tetris on my really old cell phone and I'd use up my battery life playing it for hours.

Now I have a version of tetris on the android called tetrocrate. Which is like 3D tetris almost but not really, but basically you fit them on a giant square and make lines as usual...Except it's not like you have to start at the bottom. You just fit them in and try not to fail. And now with the revolve function finally working (thankfully) they added levels and new shapes as you progress. :3

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
I was never very good at Tetris. ^^; Granted, the last time I played I was nine.

So I was gifted Minecraft for my birthday...and it owns my soul. I'm making a sky castle/hanging garden/maze/secret cavern island on Creative Mode. I just want to invite friends and play hide-and-go-seek. XD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote        
Juneberry wrote:
I love/hate when mathematical terms are used for other things.

I hate it because it confuses me.
I love it because Linear is a pretty name to me o.o;

That is a cool name! I'm not planning on having kids, but if I do someday I'll name them all after math terms or mathematicians. xD

Peril is also Zillah.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote        
Saygen, those sound pretty awesome. I should totally do that on my kindle or something. I think I tried to make a jungle house once...

But lately I haven't been playing minecraft as much, at least on my xbox. Nope, I switched back to Oblivion. Then I went to play Rune Factory Tides of Destiny on my PS3...Which utterly hurts now because it messed up saving last time and for the past two days my PS3 has been having to 'restore corrupted file system'. I got way farther than I ever have in the game this time, so I'm gonna cry if it doesn't really fix itself x-o

Rune Factory is hating me so much lately though. I had a problem with the game cartridge for RF2 on my DS. Like I was doing well, started second gen in a new save, and while I'm off to do a request and talk to someone, it just goes "I'm gonna cut you off right here kthx." ...This is NOT making me happy that I've been inclined to try RF4 recently. >w<

SheWhoTamPlays

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote        
Is this just for players of animated console games? Or do people who play online text games count as gamers too here? Hai Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 70, 71, 72  Next