Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote        
She was silent as she stood there, her arms crossed beneath her breasts and her staff in hand as she held back from lashing out at the one that was most likely an inch from outright attacking her, both physically and magically.

Vincent... I could use your help with him.. she thought, and if her brother would have been able to hear it, he would hear the sheer amount of tension and stress in her mental voice.

”Remmington! You are nothing to this council. Nothing! The only reason you even managed to obtain your position, is because of the fact that your brother backed down!” She exclaimed, anger in his voice. Hollie's grip tightened on the staff, causing the emerald to flash a faint silver for a moment. She was tempted, dear Lord was she tempted, to do something unethical to the one in front of her... but she held back.

”You can't even garner enough of a legitimate reason to respect you. It's all just because of your name.” He added, a snarl to his voice moments before throwing an orb of pure white magic at her.

Hollie ducked, dodging it, and cursing slightly.

Right... he's the pure user. Fuck, I'd forgotten about that. She thought as she got to her feet again.

”And what good will it do to do anything to me? You'll just make yourself hated, and you'll cause problems for each and every vampire on this planet, Richard.” Hollie said, her tone sharp.

”Hah! As if!” Richard exclaimed. ”Once you're gone, things will get better! We vampires won't have you calling the shots anymore, won't have a fucking woman calling the shots.” Richard snarled in response before firing another orb at the older woman. Hollie dodged it, again rather easily, and sighed.

Looks like I have to fight... she thought sadly as she uncrossed her arms. As she did so, the emerald in the staff seemed to glow more, showing that she wasn't going to hold back, if the glow was anything to go by.

”Richard, I gave you a chance to run, I gave you a chance to retreat. I'm sorry you decided not to.” Hollie stated, her voice cold, but there was obvious pain in them. She didn't want to do this, she never wanted to do this. She was the head of the magi council, he worked under her, yet... he hated her so. It was rather shocking to her, she never thought it was possible for someone to have such hate for those above them.

”I will avenge my sisters murder. The one that you orchestrated!” he screamed before firing more magic at her.

---

It was several hours later, and Hollie was using her staff as a support. She couldn't stand on her own power now, he'd dealt far too much damage to her. She couldn't even increase her own blood flow, since her brother had shown her how to, due to the lack of mana in her veins at the moment. That fight had taken a lot out of her, and would have easily ended in her death if others hadn't shown up to save her.

She knocked on the door she was in front of, the sound echoing slightly, ever so slightly, and weakly through the house. She was ready to collapse, and worried sick. She didn't know what that little encounter would do to the magi world, she had no idea what it was that would happen next, and she didn't know if she actually -wanted- to know. She did know that she would take it in stride, and do what was needed in an attempt to try and maintain balance... but that would have to wait. She needed to make sure she would be alright, first.

When no one answered the knocking, she knocked again, this time the sounds weaker than before.

... V... Vincent... She thought, hoping he would hear her. ... Help... she added quickly as she sank to her knees. She didn't have the strength to hold herself up any longer, and if he wasn't home, she didn't know if she would survive the night.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:15 am Reply with quote        
The door opened quickly after she sank to her knees, and her brother stood there with his dark hair and stubbled face.

He looked to her with a look of shock and sheer stunned horror permeating his eyes.

"H....Hollie?" he asked, before sinking down to his own knees.

"Hollie, what happened!?" he asked her, as he brought her close and lifting her in his arms.

He stood back up and carried her into the house, into the den area, and laid her down on one of the couches.

"Who did this to you? What's going on?" he asked further, as he started to charge his hands with healing magic, a green aura starting to form around them.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 am Reply with quote        
When Vincent picked her up, she didn't react, just let her staff drop to the ground, where she had been, and didn't seem to care that Vincent didn't grab it.

When she was laid on the couch, she winced, rather severely, and Vincent could see the sheer amount of damage that had been done to her. There was enough that it was amazing she was still alive, and it there was enough that the chances of Vincent fixing her up as well as he would like to, would probably take a couple of days.

"Ri.. Richard.." She said quietly, the first thing she'd said since he opened the door. Her voice was weak, and obviously strained.

He... he attacked... out of .. the blue... She told him, switching to mental due to lack of energy. Conversing with him too nothing from her when it was telepathic, since he could be the one to open the channels, and keep them open.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote        
He gritted his teeth as she told him that it was Richard.

"That little..." he growled, as he put his hands on Hollie's chest, and her staff came floating into the den, courtesy of his magic, as well.

Her wounds started to close and heal decently, and the blood production from her heart began to increase as well. He was doing both, at the same time.

"I think he needs to be shown who the ones in charge here are." he said.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 am Reply with quote        
He tore the Triad apart from the council. Hollie told him, her mental speech sounding clearer than before.

I'm actually.... scared. What's going to come of this...? She wondered, and asked her brother at the same time. She knew he wouldn't be able to answer, but that didn't mean that she couldn't ask.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 am Reply with quote        
His expression suddenly turned to one of concern.

"I... I don't know, Hollie." he replied.

"I guess... all we can do... is wait and see what comes of this." he told her.

"And deal with whatever comes, accordingly. It's... it's really all we can do."
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:47 am Reply with quote        
Hollie sighed silently before pushing her brothers hands off of her. She was feeling better, most definitely, but was far from perfect.

"... Save your mana." she told him, or rather ordered him.

"I need my brother by my side for this, I don't want you running out of mana too quickly." she added. While yes she sounded better, she still sounded a bit on the weak and beat up side.

"I need to return to the council, and the sooner the better, to find out the state of things there. If I were to guess, Richard," she spat his name out, "is spewing that he killed me, and is taking over. He even took the ring, Vincent."
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote        
His face paled some, and he nodded.

"Yes, yes, we need to get back there now." he told her.

"Take my hand, Hollie. I'll get us there." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:53 am Reply with quote        
Hollie didn't say anything as she took her brothers hand, knowing full well that they would most likely arrive... and it not be pretty. She fully expected to be arrested on the spot, because of the fact that Richard would have been spreading lies. He came close to killing her, but he hadn't actually succeeded; and that was a few hours ago.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:59 am Reply with quote        
He readied himself, and the next thing Hollie would know, they would be surrounded by wind, and appearing at the council building.

"All right, we need to prepare for whatever's coming our way." he told her, holding her steady.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 am Reply with quote        
Hollie sighed before nodding and stepping away from Vincent. She had her staff, since Vincent's magic had grabbed it aswell, and she was using it to hold herself up, again.

"Let's get this done and over with..." she said quietly, before taking her weight off of her staff and making her way inside with her brother following.

When they entered, they were both shocked to see the state of the building. There was no one around, and the entire building looked about ready to collapse at any moment.

"... Shit.. what has he done...?' Hollie asked as she looked around.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote        
"There's no way he could have done this alone..." Vincent said, looking at the destruction.

"The council should have been able to defend themselves against this kind of attack... there were plans made for just such a contingency." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:11 am Reply with quote        
"... not if the head of the Triad managed to get enough followers to do this. Face it, vampires really do have the upperhand, what with how they can take a lot more abuse than anyone actually living." Hollie said quietly.

"I'm heading to the main office." she said before heading off, and not waiting for her brother.

She made her way through the halls, and it didn't take long before she reached her destination. The door was, of course, closed, and she hesitated for a minute before just opening it, to find Richard sitting at the desk in the office.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:21 am Reply with quote        
Vincent quickly followed her, after looking around and seeing nothing but destruction.

When he arrived where Hollie and Richard were, it was all he could do to hold back from attacking him on the spot.

"Richard..." he growled.

"It just wasn't enough for you to have been disgraced... you had to become a criminal." he said.

"And that... will be the last mistake you ever make." he promised, though it was easy to see it was more of a threat.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote        
Hollie held an arm out, to stop Vincent from doing anything before handing him her staff and walking into the room.

"Hollie Remmington." Richard said as he got to his feet, his tone rather egotistical.

"How far thou has fallen. I pity thee." he said, his tone rather condescending. Hollie just responded by having some vines, which were far weaker than her norm, come up and entomb him.

"I'm not one to seek revenge, most of the time. I do make exceptions, like when the one I'm seeking it against nearly kills me." she hissed, moments before the vines burst into flames, and fell apart.

"Tch. You really do need to be knocked down a few pegs." He stated simply before looking towards Vincent, who was still out in the hall. He just grinned to the magi before the doors slammed shut.

Hollie whirled around when she heard it, and resisted the urge to call for her brother. She didn't even have her staff. She hadn't originally come to fight him, but it seemed that her lack of strategic planning was catching up to her.

Dammit She cursed mentally as she just looked at Richard, a sharp look in her eyes.

"Hollie, you're dead. Face it, there is nothing that can be done to save you." He said moments before vanishing from where he stood and appearing behind her. She hadn't been able to follow his movement, he'd appeared far quicker than she'd expected.

Once he was there, he wrapped his arms around her, pinning her arms and brought his face close to her neck.

"Oh... you smell divine. But then again, I know you taste it." He stated simply.

"I think I'll dine on you again." He added, moments before plunging his fangs into her neck. This time, Hollie couldn't bite back the scream, the sheer amount of pain from the suddenness, and the fact that he wasn't exactly gentle, making it hurt far more than was normal.