Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
Here you can rant about anything related to romance.
This means relationships, flirting, sex, etc.
Because I'm allowing you to talk about sex, I'm marking this thread as an 18+ thread.

As for the first rant, I held my girlfriend's hand for the first time the other day, but yesterday I couldn't bring myself to do it again. I can tell she's frustrated, but is being patient with me. I really just want to ask her "Can I kiss you?" and kiss her. When she smiles, I get mesmerized. My mind gets blanked out every time I see her. Makes it really hard to talk to her. Stupid shyness is screwing me royally.

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote        
Aww bless you, my husband started out quite shy, so I had to make the first move - is she shy too?

My rant is short and simple: I don't get any unless I initiate it, and it makes me feel unwanted and unattractive Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote        
Yes she is, however she is assertive as well. I can tell that she wants me to make the moves, not for her sake, but for my own. She wants me to, well, as bad as it is, "to be a man."
As a shy guy, I have to say that it's extremely hard to initiate, but once I get rolling, or the go ahead, then I'm good. I'm sure he wants you more than you can imagine. That's how it is with me. Unfortunately, I get attached to people way too easily.

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 am Reply with quote        
I suppose it'll be worth the wait when you do take the plunge, I wish I'd waited for my other half to make the moves, but I'm too impatient for that!
I know he probably does kind of i suppose, but it does drive me a bit mad, he 'doesn't think to' *sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah. I'm having an issue that we aren't moving forward, and it's my fault.
She spends so much time away that it makes it hard to plan dates.

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote        
I s'pose you'll just have to give it time, you'll get there Smile Just cherish the time you have when she isn't away <3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote        
We've been dating since early August, and we're still in the awkward phase...
I don't know what I'm complaining about. If my anxiety would let me, she'd probably let me go pretty far. I don't mean she's slutty. No, far from it. Just saying that she's been ready to move.
I have weird things where I promise myself I'll do things, and I promised myself I'll put my arm around her and kiss her by the end of the week.
I usually make these promises when I'm half asleep, so it's usually something crazy, but sometimes it's meaningful.

EDIT: I'm a fucking wuss. That's the issue. I realize that every night there is an awkward goodbye because she wants me to do something to make it special. I'm debating on taking this half dozen origami flowers to her apartment right now, and leaving it outside her door. I just wish I was less of a wuss and more of a man. How do the popular guys do it?
Well, as my friend put it "Stop thinking, stop going 'Well, maybe I shouldn't.'"

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:43 am Reply with quote        
I forgot what bit this thread was in Sad

Your friend is right, stop thinking maybe you shouldn't, because chances are you should! The origami flowers thing is really cute and thoughtful, and if anything it'll how her that you're at lest thinking about her, even if you haven't plucked up the courage to kiss her or something like that - you will though, it's alllll about da confidence Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote        
Feeling pretty good, may do something stupid tonight.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote        
Well, I didn't kiss her or even hold her hand. But I did eat dinner with her and walk her back to her apartment. I had a really good attitude and she responded well to what I was saying. I'm more worried that I'm going to see more to this relationship then there really is. I already am. I keep thinking I love her and that she might be the one. Yet, I've only been going out with her since August, and three weeks of that, she was away. I did the same thing with my last two girlfriends. That makes me clingy. I hate that. It's a retarded thing that stems from being socially, and intimately, inexperienced.

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote        
You have to take the experience though, even if this didn't work out, one day it will. I was incredibly clingy and possessive with my ex boyfriend, and then I met my husband 5 days before we got together, and we were engaged after 8 months!
If you recognise that you're doing it, you're making a huge step in the right direction, because it isn't in hindsight! Hindsight is great, but not helpful when you're actually in a situation Lips are Zipped

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote        
^That. I need to listen to and believe that.
I'm a doubting Thomas(well, my middle name is Thomas).
I want to fight every reasonable thing.
Let's say someone says "Murder is wrong." Immediately, I respond "What about protecting your family?"
Let's say they say "Rape is wrong." I'll reply "Define rape, define wrong, and where does the line cross between rough sex and rape."
I don't usually argue the easy arguments though.

Imagine having that in your head. Every good thought is fought out with reasoning.

But yeah, might as well let myself get a little possessive, and have it make me do something stupid great.

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:45 am Reply with quote        
It's more yourself you're fighting, than reason by the sound of it - well in this situation anyway! If you don't let yourself do anything at all you can't do anything that you might think is stupid, you just have to trust that you can do things and make decisions, at the same time as fighting the urge to fight yourself (though, that's a lot of fighting, and probably a bit tiring).
You like to play devils advocate, you mean?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote        
Yes, devil's advocate. It's more about giving people more understanding of the situation.
Have you ever done something that your entire being has said 'no' to?
Like jumped off a cliff, or do the trust falls?
That's what it feels like, for me, to make a move.
The main issue is, as I think I said before, I'm afraid I'm going to fall too deeply for her, like I have the past girls.
I still want to kiss her, and every night I want to turn around and go back to her and just do it. But then, I start thinking of how weird she'd think that was, and how that'd grow into doubt, because it seemed like an afterthought, and dear God I think too much...

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quote        
Oh yes, I was the one who asked my husband out, and made the first move and all that stuff, and as I was doing it I was also saying 'stop it, stop, no, this is stupid what are you doing' in my head at the same time.
You definitely think too much - if my hubby came back and kissed me after he didn't, I'd think it was adorable ^___^ and I don't think that would just be my opinion Smile

You seem to have 2 devils on your shoulder, and you need an angel!