Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote        
It was dark, moreso than one would expect at the time. The forest was dead quiet, and there was a tall woman walking through the foliage to get to her destination. She had no idea what it was that was going to happen, but she was hopeful for success. In fact, she was praying for success, since it had taken her years to find a group of necromancers that would be able to come close, if not outright do, what she wanted them to do.

"They had better fucking succeed." She half growled under her breath in a language that was believed to be dead. There were so few people alive that still knew how to speak it, that it was dying out. And fast at that.

Granted, if what she was about to do were to be successful, it wouldn't be dead any longer. The language would come to life again, completely. Along with those that spoke it.

"Christopher, you had better. Fucking. Hurry. You know I don't like being kept waiting." She growled under her breath.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:17 am Reply with quote        
It wasn't too long before she arrived at her destination... a large clearing... when, almost as if on cue, 15 seconds later, the man known as Chris appeared several feet in front of her.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Vanessa dear." he said with a smile, as he made his way over to her.

"The team and I were just going over a few last minute details, and we should be ready." he continued in a confident tone, as 4 more magi suddenly emerged from the forest, 3 male and 1 female.

"Are you all ready?" Chris asked them.

"We are." one of the males replied.

"We are completely confident that this ritual will be nothing short of a smashing and glorious success." he continued.

"You'll see, you will not regret choosing us to perform this grand and exciting task." the second male chimed in, with the female echoing the sentiment.

The 3rd male, and 4th member of the group, just remained silent, however, as Chris nodded.

"Good. Now get to drawing the rune!" he ordered in a snappish tone. The 4 of them nodded quickly, and immediately got to drawing a large circle, as Chris turned back to Vanessa.

"It'll be done in about 5 minutes, and we can begin." he told her.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote        
Vanessa was silent for a moment, before saying anything.

"You better be right about these guys." She snarled as the ones that came with him went and started setting it up.

"Tell me, why are you so confident about this?" She asked, her voice sharp.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote        
Chris's confident expression didn't change in the slightest, and he just smirked a little more.

"Vanessa, these 4 are the most talented and powerful necromancers that will work for you." he told her.

"The 4 of them combined have as much power and talent as Casey and Madison Kiczys." he boasted, before shifting his gaze to the side.

"Er... well, okay, maybe not -that- much power..." he admitted.

"But rest assured that they have the right skills and power to do this!" he assured her.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote        
"You realize that if you're wrong, you're in a lot of trouble, right?" Vanessa asked, a hiss to her voice.

"You're the necromancer, it's up to you to make sure that they don't fuck up." She snarled.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote        
"I'd stake my very life on this." he told her, before sighing.

"In fact... it's what I'm doing." he informed her, pointing to the centre of the circle.

"If this backfires and rebounds, or what have you, all the necromantic energy is going straight back to me... and I doubt my heart can take it."
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
There was a flicker of concern on Vanessa's features for a moment, but it was gone as quickly as it appeared.

"You best be right about this." She hissed as she leaned against a tree,.

About three minutes later, the female made her way over.

"Mistress, we're done." She said, her voice rather confident, which was something that Vanessa was not used to. She didn't draw attention to it, though. Just smirked slightly.

"Good, get to work then." Was all Vanessa said.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote        
Chris nodded, and made his way to the centre of the circle, with the 4 other necromancers taking their positions in various key points.

"All right everyone... focus your power into the rune, and push it in. I will act as an amplifier, and a magnet for it, compressing it and using it to flow back into the rune." he explained.

They all nodded, and placed their hands on the ground. Almost immediately, the rune started to glow a bright white, and the magic seemed to snake it's way over to Chris.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote        
Vanessa remained silent, she knew that there was nothing she could do here. She couldn't, she had nothing in regards to magic, or at least in regards to Necromancy. She had her own brand of magic, but it was useless here. She knew that, and she was alright with it.

This better not fail. She hissed mentally as she watched the rune, and those within.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote        
The magic continued to snake it's way towards Chris, but before it reached him, it suddenly changed from a bright white, to an ominous dark reddish purple.

"What...?" Chris asked, concern evident in his features and tone. But before anyone could do anything, the magic reached his feet and snaked into his body.

"GAH!" he yelled out in surprise, as the 4 necromancers surrounding him suddenly seemed to go soulless. Their eyes were hollow purple and red, and their hands seemed to have been welded to the rune, making it impossible for them to break away from it, even if they wanted to.

Chris continued to groan and grunt in pain, trying desperately to control the magic, but it seemed to be obviously failing, as red lightning seemed to spark all around the circle, originating from various points in the rune.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
Vaness pushed herself off the tree, unsure of what she could, or should, do.

"Christopher!" She called out, knowing that it would do nothing, as she made her way to the edge of the rune.

Without thinking about it for too long, she entered it, and was nearly thrown across the clearing from the sheer energy that was contained within. She quickly made her way to Chris and tackled him, taking him out of the center of the rune, and hoping to kill the effects, at least to him.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote        
When she tackled him, he seemed to become unrooted from the centre of the circle, but that didn't stop the magic from sparking and flailing about.

"No... no... this... can't... have happened..." Chris said quietly, pain and effort evident in his tone.

"Vanessa... I'm... sorry..." he apologized, as he fell back, unconscious, and a small orb of dark purple magic started to emerge from the centre of the rune, where he was previously standing.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
Vanessa cursed as she felt her magic seemingly being torn from her. It was strong enough that she couldn't get to feet, not easily anyway. After a moment, she managed to force herself up, pick up Chris, and start to make her way out of the rune, to where she believed it would be safe.

"Shit..." She cursed, as she finally managed to, surprisingly enough.

She laid Chris down on the grass, and looked back at the rune. She didn't think it was good that she had been able to get out of there with such ease, but she didn't know what to think of it.
Colin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote        
The orb that had emerged from the ground was sucking in all the magic from the rune, and the necromancers, until it managed to drain everything... and everyone... within it dry.

The necromancers turned a ghastly pale colour, and collapsed to the ground, the life force from their beings completely gone, as the orb slowly sank back down to the ground, stopping halfway when it was absorbed into it.

Then, it started to expand. Slowly, but it was expanding. And when it reached the necromancers, the dome-like energy seemed to suck away all remaining colour in their bodies... as though they were being degenerated from it.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote        
"... What...?" Vanessa asked as she watched the magic eat away at everything.

".... What happened? What..." She started to ask before freezing.

"How the fuck can I avoid having that happen, to me or Chris?" She asked before growling and grabbing Christopher. Moments later, they vanished in a flurry of black leaves.

---

"Ashley! come on, we have to be nearing it!" A tall pale woman called out, her red black and silver hair clipped back to avoid it catching on anything.

Her and Ashley were chasing a bounty, it was a fae that was causing some serious problems in the area. They had started chasing it back in Canada, and had managed to end up here, all the way in Africa hunting the damn thing out.