Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote        
I just turned 21 this year, and though I think of it as a milestone, it felt rather plain...But I'd say for me, the milestones are usually around 10, 13, 18, 21, 30 and 50...? I don't think much of milestones past 30, to be honest. But I think every year is important anyway.

And Kitty is young, but she's not super duper young. I think even us old folk have similar problems to younger ones at times...But just as we look to others for inspiration and to avoid mistakes, you shouldn't feel afraid to use our complaining to your advantage. Like ecco said, use our mistakes to know what not to do! ...And do what you think we should've done that we didn't instead?

But personally, I wasn't fond of my teenage years. ^^; I hope yours shine much nicer than mine did.
ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote        
hah, me neither - for the most part anyway, my teens sucked. but that's probably largely to do with mental illness that wasn't being treated because nobody takes teenagers seriously... Jab

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote        
Haha...I do not miss being a teenager. I'm not thrilled with my life all the time now, but I'm certainly happier with it than I was when I was younger. Still feel unaccomplished though. I'm 25 and still don't know what the hell to do with my life. Sweat
Unicorn Dancer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote        
O; Wait'll you're 21, then you'll feel really weird... cause it doesn't feel much different. You're just allowed more freedom.

I thought 14, 16, 17, 21, n this last one I had, 23, were my high points in age... but only because things change in my life. 14 I was given my first tube of mascara, and eye liner. Also I was allowed to wear high heels, only to 2 inches high though. When I turned 16, I was given lipstick and eyeshadow, and a pair of 3 in heels. x3 17 I got my second hole in my ears, and dyed my hair black n purple. So I was no longer limited to natural hair dye colors. 21 of course was life changing because I was living with my dad, and not my mother by then... only for 9 months, but long enough to realize how cool he really is, and enough to make me wish i'd seen him more through my life.

23, I am learning to let go of pain, and needless bull shit, past hurts... all that stuff. I'm growing up mentally for sure this year.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote        
Sly wrote:
Haha...I do not miss being a teenager. I'm not thrilled with my life all the time now, but I'm certainly happier with it than I was when I was younger. Still feel unaccomplished though. I'm 25 and still don't know what the hell to do with my life. Sweat
This makes me feel better about myself, I'm gonna be 24 in Oct, and I don't know what to do with myself either. I don't have a job yet.... but I still find ways to make money... crafting stuff, but I don't know if I can do that forever... unless I make a site and a store or something. Confused

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote        
My boyfriend had this strict plan set out for him. He wanted to be married by a certain age, have an actual career by a certain age, everything. A lot of our conversations at the beginning involved me comforting him and reminding him that he's not a failure if he doesn't reach those milestones at the ages that he wanted to. I think a lot of people have that sort of thing in mind, even if they're not as steadfast as he was about it.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote        
Unicorn Dancer wrote:
Sly wrote:
This makes me feel better about myself, I'm gonna be 24 in Oct, and I don't know what to do with myself either. I don't have a job yet.... but I still find ways to make money... crafting stuff, but I don't know if I can do that forever... unless I make a site and a store or something. Confused

That's kind of what I thought about doing; having a store where I could sell things, or whatever...but I don't know. Duh It'll all work out eventually, I'm sure...for you and me and everyone else...I think we just have to take things one day at a time and not get too caught up in what we're "supposed" to be doing/have done and just focus on what we *are* doing...if that makes any sense at all. Sweat

I used to be like that, Chu...have this plan of what I should do by when. I'm learning as I get older that even if things don't happen exactly as planned they have a way of working out. Although, sometimes I still struggle with feeling unaccomplished and like I'm wasting my time.

Unicorn Dancer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote        
@Chu: I wanted to be a graphic designer when I was in high school, thought I was going to get out and go into school, and start life. My mother didn't help out as much as she said she would, and life at home got shitty... so I left and gave up on everything my mother and I planned for me to be.

I have been living with my man for almost 5 years now, we've been together almost 6 in July. And through his help, I realized I don't have to be what she or anyone else said. I am who I am, and no one will ever change that but myself.... so I can make my own goals, and have my own life.

Since then i've been pondering on what I want to do... but I'm almost set on it. I just need a sewing machine, and a flower press.

@Sly: Yeah, things always work out eventually.... I just have had this very thought in mind for months now.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
Unicorn Dancer wrote:
O; Wait'll you're 21, then you'll feel really weird... cause it doesn't feel much different. You're just allowed more freedom.

My feelings exactly. Basically, all that changed is that I can drink alcohol (legally). For me, that's all...So it's not a big deal. And yet it is at the same time. You get my feelings exactly with this. <3

Personally, I think everyone grows at different rates, but I don't think age is what makes someone more mature or adult~ My teacher told me when I turned 18 that the best part of being an adult is you get really good at being a kid. In a way I totally get it~ It's an interesting thing, age. Yet it's all but a number~
Unicorn Dancer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote        
Juneberry wrote:
Unicorn Dancer wrote:

My feelings exactly. Basically, all that changed is that I can drink alcohol (legally). For me, that's all...So it's not a big deal. And yet it is at the same time. You get my feelings exactly with this. <3

Personally, I think everyone grows at different rates, but I don't think age is what makes someone more mature or adult~ My teacher told me when I turned 18 that the best part of being an adult is you get really good at being a kid. In a way I totally get it~ It's an interesting thing, age. Yet it's all but a number~
I'm a total kid at heart! The idea is to know, when it's ok, to be one way or another.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote        
Im 25 quater of a centery old

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
I'm turning 18 in 21 days. (27th)
So that is pretty exciting!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:02 am Reply with quote        
I thought I'd replied here but apparently not.

I kind of stopped counting awhile ago. I'm just old now and will just get more miserable as the years goes by. I have no hope of a job, and so my only hope is I'll somehow end up disabled enough to get disability.
inaralei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
My boyfriend had this strict plan set out for him. He wanted to be married by a certain age, have an actual career by a certain age, everything. A lot of our conversations at the beginning involved me comforting him and reminding him that he's not a failure if he doesn't reach those milestones at the ages that he wanted to. I think a lot of people have that sort of thing in mind, even if they're not as steadfast as he was about it.

Story of my life. I wanted to be married by 25 so I could start having kids by 27 and be finished by 30 so that I'd be under 50 when they finished high school. Siiiiiigh. So.... here's the bad news.

I'm 25. Embarrassed
So I screwed that over.

I'm also currently unemployed! Which... is not as fun as it should be. The good news is I took the first few years after college to see the world and get valid job experience, so I've done a lot. I just don't know what to do now.

For me, the milestones were 11, 18, 21, .... 40? Hahaha. I started middle school at 11 which was the stage for a lot of changes in my life. Right before I turned 18 I graduated, so my 18th didn't even get a party. It sucked and that's why I remember it? 19-21 were spent at an anime convention and, needless to say, 21 I had my first "full" convention experience (I was running with a group 2-10 years older than me... hated being the baby). This year was supposed to be a big deal and my first year to celebrate since college, really, but I couldn't muster the will to care. I don't know when that'll change again.
Mock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote        
I'm about 19.208 years old today, but age has never really been a milestone for me. As my birthday's in the middle of the year, nothing momentous usually happens. I even forgot to celebrate my birthday this year, only having Burger King for lunch the following day.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!