Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote        
You should post a picture of your progress so far! Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote        
Yes I may just do that, I've just about finished it already.
Ive made a few other things aswell, a simple scarf(one of my first projects) a couple of dresses, a hat, trialled some granny flowers
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote        
My fiance's mom made an infinity scarf out of a shower curtain recently. xP It turned out pretty good! She's always doing crafty things.

Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote        
Haha awsome! I plan on making a nice rug for our living room for when we've decorated it. Maybe a half moon one not sure yet
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote        
That sounds like something that she would do, haha. I think the scarf had little stars and moons on it.

A rug would be a pretty big project! My mom used to knit blankets and stuff. I've been trying to talk her into picking it up again. She was really good.

Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote        
Well I did start off knitting, simply because I started using cloth nappies with my kid.
So I wanted to experiment see if I could manage making a cover so I didn't have to use those plastic ones.. the elastics sometimes dig into their legs so I wanted to avoid them..

It took me forever!!..

So when I discovered crochet I just fell in love with it. Self taught through watching you tube videos. When i'm in the right mood, I can sit there for hours doing projects :-)

I'll see if I can upload a photo of the blanket so far from my phone.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
I never could get the hang of knitting. Like you, I prefer crochet. I haven't done many projects, though. The most "impressive" is probably a Kindle cover that I made for Adam. Anything else has been silly stuff like keychains.

But yeah, share a photo if you can find one. ^^

Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote        
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/ArchangelFoxxe/Samsiphonephoto014.jpg

There we go :-)
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote        
Oh wow. It looks like you're really good! And those colors are a lot of fun. :]

Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote        
Its not always fun realising hours later that you're losing your stitches somewhere xD
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
Absolutely. One of the reason that I stopped after a little while was that it's hard for me to be satisfied with what I've done. Sometimes that's due to my perfectionism, but sometimes it's due to small mistakes like that.

It's much easier to get a few kills in a video game and feel like you're doing something, y'know? xP

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote        
Looks great! I love the color choices as well! Happy How many hours have you put into it so far?

I know how to knit, but I'm not very fast or good. I taugh myself using Youtube videos back when all my friends were on a knitting frenzy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote        
Chu - haha.. yeah I know what you mean.. Everybody is always their worst critique though Wink Just gotta learn to accept that imperfection may actually be perfection in its own way.

Saygen - I think I am using 4 or 5 colours, couple rows of each and alternating them. I think another full round of them all and it will be wide enough for kiddo's bed. :-)

Thanks you guys for the compliments. I shall.. if I remember get a photo of the dresses and upload them for your viewing pleasures ^_^

(Bedtime for me. Goodnight)
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
Kunami, that's an adorable piece you're workin' on! I wish I had such patience ;-; But eventually I WILL be able to actually learn to crochet and take part in needlepoint group at my program. I just...Need to actually get there on a Friday. -.-

So I'm thinking of making a sort of notebook cover or something at some point soon. And I'm trying to decide on some other crafts I can do since I have that second sample pack now of my smart fabric stuff. I also thought of making a sort of stringy/paper doll of my characters...Or some sort of nifty clothes for my stuffed animals because I'm a little bit nutty xD

Kunamii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:12 am Reply with quote        
That sounds very cool. I think we're all going to be a new type of gamer here haha.. Imagine if crocheters took over Midorea Laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next