Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Sharm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote        
I'm a lefty too, but I found using lefty scissors too weird and it was just easier to learn to cut right handed for me. Other minor stuff still bothers me like playing cards and belts.
Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
I think the only thing I do righty really is like playing Guitar Hero, annnd ambitexious when house painting. xD

PlumBerry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:26 am Reply with quote        
Wait, belts and playing cards are right handed? How?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote        
Well, it's only some belts, the ones that have a right way up or down. Those ones I have to purposefully put on backwards to the way I normally do. Thankfully most belts don't have that problem. Playing cards though, they're funny. It's pretty easy to spread them out and hold them properly so that the numbers show in the right hand but if you try it with a left hand they don't hold quite right and bunch up or fall down. If I were to try and spread them out the other way all I'd get would be the blank corners. I had a boss once who used a mouse left-handed which I found very odd. I'd grown up not knowing that was an option so trying to use it that way was confusing.

So, back to crafting. Anyone crafting Christmas presents? I'm making my nieces and nephews crocheted snowballs. I've got some sparkly white yarn and I'm thinking of taking a wire brush to it to make it a little fuzzier. It was my sister-in-law's idea, and I think it'd be pretty fun.
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote        
Making snowballs is a cute Idea. I started a deep purple scarf, like... 2 weeks ago and haven't touched it since >_< -kicks self for being lazy and forgetful- Oooh and don't be too surprised if the little ones accept your snowballs then scream snowball fight and start throwing them at each other XD It would definitely be a more comfy snowball fight than throwing freezing ice though :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quote        
I hope so, that would be the entire point. Happy I'm just sad I won't be able to see it in person.

How are you making the scarf, Crochet, Knit, Tatting, Sewing, Macramé?
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote        
Oh I am crocheting it, I'm not sure how to do any other sort of yarn or fabric project.. I'd love to learn how to sew though c: I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote        
That's good! Crochet means you might finish on time. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to knit in my opinion.
Freshie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
I just sent out my handmade presents in the mail. owo

Annd I'm trying to sell some craft/projects but they're crappy and I havent gotten any interest on them yet. :/

I'm mainly wanting to get proper storage for my craft supplies at the moment but I need to save my money. xD

Freshie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote        
....Annd I got a gift card to a craft store for Christmas..so yaaayy! :D

I hope I don't buy all the fabric. I'm so tempted. ;n;
Buuut will probably get storage for my crafts. :3

Sharm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:45 am Reply with quote        
Gift cards to craft stores are so much fun and so hard to spend right! I would be tempted to buy a bunch of stuff for trying out new crafts. I wish you luck in finding storage solutions, I'm not even sure it's possible.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote        
Congrats on the gift card Happy

Gift cards are awesome. I love them x-o
But I agree, storage for your crafts might be helpful.
Maybe you can do a craft that you can turn into a storage solution? Happy

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote        
I didn't get a sewing machine D: But I will probably buy one :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote        
Belated sorry to hear you didn't get your sewing machine.

I got a new sample pack of my favorite fabric/paper stuff that's pretty nifty. We used some from my old package (which I still have lots of- oops) to wrap presents this year. Nooot our best wrapping job, but it was nifty anyway.
And I made a flower Happy I'm still so proud of that darn thing x-o

Kunamii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote        
Hey guys, I love to knit and crochet(more a crocheter) and currently in process of making a granny zigzag blanket for my little girl. ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next