Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Beri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote        
This is a place for all the crafters of Midorea to talk about what they have/are creating, and sharing tips/tricks with their fellow Midoreans. I'll update the first post with the tips/tricks/helpful links for everyone's viewing pleasure.

For me, I've been knitting on and off again for the past year. Mostly I feel the urge when it starts to get cold again. Fancy that. XD So far I've knitted two ribbed hats, a few simple scarfs, and am currently working on a celtic cabled knit scarf (from a pattern). I gotta say the more I work on the cabled scarf the more satisfaction I have of making my own stuff.

I have gone through many sites looking for cute patterns to make, and downloaded some graph paper so I can make a University of Michigan block M afghan for the boyfriend. I have big aspirations. One of the best sites I've found tho is Ravelry, mostly because it gives me pictures. I dislike going through a website that has a buttload of links with no pictures. Jab That and it has a tools I can list my needles, and stash in.

I also crochet, but I can't say I'm any good at it, even though my Mom showed me how to crochet when I was younger. She showed me how to make a double crochet stitch skirt for one of my dolls. P: So for the past month, I've been practicing with single stitch, and the resulting swatches that I've made. I've turned into small bags for my knitting/crochet stoofs. My mom saw one, and she told me she wanted one a size bigger for her stuffs. She also gave me some of her old skirts, so I'm scrapping the fabric/zippers to line and finish the bags. Course seam ripping is so time consuming and tedious, they are just sitting there mocking me at the moment. XD

Does anyone else do anything crafty, and want to share their current projects, or ones in limbo? Hai

I'll make this first post fancier when I get home form work. Shhh don't tell my boss I Midorea during work hours. Weeeee For now I leave you with an awesome example picture from back in the day.

Happy Crafting! ♥

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote        
Awww man, I can knit, but the extent of my abilities are scarves really, even those are pretty bad! I enjoy crafting though, with fimo and things like that Smile
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
Never saw this thread before.

I sew and do crochet, although I'm not very good. I made a few Mido feathers (still gotta make one more for a contest winner) and I want to get better at it so I can sell them for the site.

Last week at work, an amazing girl gave me a sewing machine. I really, really wanna sit down and learn how to use it, but I've been too busy. She wants me to make her an orange cat sometime in the future. xP

Beri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote        
YAY POSTERS! Weeeee

Amaris - Scarves are definitely the best things to start with when it comes to knitting. I think I made a few basic ones before I tried anything more complicated. Find some cheap yarn, and just keep practicing. I always used to undo them and do them over again for practice. The cable scarf is actually the first complicated piece I've started so far. Do you have any pics of the Fimo pieces you've made? I'd love to see them. :3

Chu - Pics! I want to see these fancy mido feathers you speak of. How often do you guys do contests featuring those as prizes? I bet the Vanna yarn would be pretty for the feathers. o: I got two skeins that are a dark blue with a sparkly string through it. It's sitting there torturing me, because I don't know what to make with it yet. o<

That is an amazing girl! You could give the cat a feather headband and it would give you a chance to practice with the feathers. I have a sewing machine too, got it over a year ago but I haven't used it yet. Mostly because I don't know how to thread it. Last time I threaded one I was in middle school. Also have to buy more sewing thread. What types of things have you hand sewn?

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote        
I made a Tumblr post when I made Cat's. http://ewitschu.tumblr.com/post/29357972800/the-final-product

Aaaaand I have a picture of my very first one in the Midocraft contest thread. (Now ended.)
http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=9221

I've gotten better since then, but I'm still learning.

I've also done a little grape for an ex boyfriend and some simple touch-ups for clothes, nothing much. I decided to crochet some geeky little chokers, keychains, and trinkets during the summer. Again, nothing great. Just simple stuff.

Do you have any other pictures of what you've sewn?

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote        
Chu - you definitely just started following me on Tumblr because kittens!
I joined because you posted midorea on tumblr and I just realised who you are!
*irrelevant thread comment is irrelevant*

I don't have any pictures anymore, because I deleted my old DA account, but I'm hopefully getting some more sculpey soon and I'm going to make some adventure time figurines, so I'll post them when I've made them Smile
Beri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote        
Aw, I love the little plushie, I want to put a 'Happy' face on it. And your dedication post to Cat is very touching. ♥ I really haven't sewn anything recently mostly put zippers on bags I've crochet'd, and buttons. I'll take pics tonight and post them. I really want to get some fabrics to make pillows. The last time I actually created anything by sewing was in middle school when I made a pillow where I wrote 'Living on the edge' on it. XD It also had a stick figure guy standing at the edge of a cliff. >___< Was a homage to the song.

Amaris - I can't see what you make from it! Kittens are amazing. It's a small internet afterall. XD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
I'll be getting some soon, yay! I wish I could sew, I just end up sticking the needle under my fingernails because I am a clumsy butt Sad

I love the little plushie, it's cute Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote        
@Anaris: Wow, that's you? xD That's awesome, haha.

And I'm really clumsy too. Neutral I constantly punch myself in the face while sewing. My boyfriend refuses to go near me when I'm "in the zone" cuz I apparently attack him with the needle, haha.

Thanks, Beri. ^^ I wish I had more time to dedicate to crafting, heh. I wanna get better at it.

Making pillows would be awesome too! And that sounds cool!

Beri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote        
Amaris - Put thimbles on all finger tips! Happy Problem solved, and I'm sure your fingers will thank you! I am also a clumsy butt, I recently tore the back of my heel open from a nail on my porch, because I misstepped and couldn't balance myself without putting my foot where I did. :/

Chu - The 'in the zone' attacks give me the giggles when I picture it.

Here's what I've been doing over the past few days, the plushie inspired me to make a crochet feather set, I probably would like to embroider this onto a hat, or bag. Unfortunately I didn't write down what I did, so I don't have a pattern to share. x3 Also this would be the WIP for my first stuffed animal, I'm not happy how you can see the stuffing in the body, I still have a few days to finish it before my neices birthday, might redo the body.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote        
I dunno why I haven't posted here yet... Neutral

Beri: Awh, that little bear thing and the Mido feathers are adorable! The feathers would look great on a bag like, on my bag, to hide some ugly hole that appeared out of nowhere. Makes me want to try making some. Happy

Hm, let's see, I don't think I have much pictures to share. I need to take some when I get some time, and I also need more time to craft... I've been trying to come up with some original stuffed "animal/doll/plush/thing" patterns recently (still have to write them down properly, will share when they're ready), but here's some pictures of my last creations:
Small HouseSpirit thingie
Large animal doll thingie

I'd also like to try to make some little gingerbread/cookie plushies or ornaments soon. Smile

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote        
Aww that little bear is cute! I should probably invest in some thimbles - I made a simple cats bed a while back out of a fleece blanket and manage to pierce 3 of my fingernails, how? No idea, but I did.

Oh my Goodness, Maeve that kitty is adorable! I'd buy one of those... Well, if I had any money!

I'm planning on making a gingerbread house for christmas this year, I'll post it when/if I do it Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote        
when i get the buttons on it i can post a pic of my quilted laptop bag though i have been lazy and putting it off all week(i sewed the lining and added the strap last night and got like half the buttons on)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote        

I made Marceline! It didn't go very well though so I'll probably make another at some point Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote        
Your creations look so good!! I need to sit my ass down and actually work on some of my projects. Sigh.