Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 am Reply with quote        
"Then I'll be your guinea pig." he told her.

"I'll be the test subject." he reiterated, his tone serious and definite, showing her he was willing to do anything for her.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:05 am Reply with quote        
Vanessa nodded before getting to her feet and heading over to her dresser. She withdrew a vial before walking back over and holding it out, not caring that she was completely nude.

"Here." She said.

"That will start it. After 24 hours, I will need to do more, but that will start the genetic change. If you cannot survive that, well... that's what will kill you. The rest is easy in comparison."
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quote        
Chris just accepted the vial, and drank it down, contorting his face as he did so.

"Wow... that stuff is bitter." he commented.

"So... when will the changes begin?" he asked.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 am Reply with quote        
Vanessa looked at her watch.

"About ten minutes." She told him.

"Your heart rate will increase in about a minute, causing the serum to get through your bloodstream faster than if it didn't. It's going to be excruciatingly painful, once it really sets in, aswell."
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 am Reply with quote        
"Hoo boy. I better get ready." he said, as he got up and put on his pants.

"If I'm going to be in agony, I may as well have some dignity, and not be naked while it's happening."
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:59 am Reply with quote        
"Agony is putting it lightly." She told him with a small sigh.

"But you might want to get comfortable." She added
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote        
He sighed and nodded, sitting down on the bed.

"You've been working on this for quite some time." he said to her.

"When did you come up with this serum that you think will work?" he asked.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote        
"About two months ago." Vanessa told him honestly.

"I'm still not sure if it will work, or even if anything will come of it." She added with a sigh.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote        
He was about to respond, when he suddenly felt something within his body.

He clutched at his chest and suppressed a scream of agony, as he collapsed to the bed and bit his lip.

"I... think... it's... starting..." he told her, through pained breaths.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote        
"Hopefully you survive this..." Vanessa said quietly.

---

It was a few days later, and Chris was laying in the bed, unconscious, as Vanessa paced the room.

She wasn't worried, just puzzled, and slightly concerned. From what she'd figured out, he should have awoken by then. He still had a heartbeat, which meant that he was alive, but it was still taking longer than she'd anticipated.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote        
He had been unconscious for a full 24 hours. Prior to that, they had both had to stop him from literally tearing himself apart from the pain. He grew spontaneous bruises, cuts, started to bleed from his ears, his mouth, his nose, his eyes, and every waking moment was nothing more than pain... pervading and soaking through every synapse in his being.

'Ungh... where... where am I...?' he thought, as he made his way through the darkness. He couldn't see where he was going, what he was going to, or even where he had been. All he knew was that he had to continue to move forward. It was all he could do.

He continued to move forward, until he saw 2 floating orbs of magic in front of him. One looked to be a lighter colour, much like the colour of his own skin, while the other was a definite darker colour... like Vanessa's.

Choose one of us. the darker one said.

Your humanity... or the drow. the lighter one continued.

If you choose your humanity, you will return to how you were, but your lifespan will be drastically shortened. the human light warned.

Come to the drow race... and there is a chance you will die... but should you survive... you shall be able to be with Vanessa for far longer. the drow orb added.

Chris just sighed and looked to the light orb.

"You know my choice... it was made when I drank the serum." he said to the sphere.

I know. But you have to be sure. the orb replied.

"There's no turning back now. I drank it willingly, so I follow through to the end." he said definitively, before looking to the drow orb.

At that point, the lighter orb disappeared, and the darker one started to chuckle.

You passed... that was all just an illusion to test you to see if you were truly ready... now ACCEPT ME! And SEE IF YOU LIVE! it bellowed.

Chris just nodded and ran to the orb, extending his hand and grabbing it... causing it to dissipate and absorb into him... before he collapsed to the ground.

He then started to scream in agony... actually scream out... as he thrashed about on the bed suddenly.

As he thrashed, his ears started to split open and reform violently, as they grew more pointed... like Vanessa's.

His skin started to bruise severely in multiple places.... until the 'bruises' started to spread out and cover his skin completely, their shade exactly like Vanessa's as well.

This happened for 2 minutes straight, before the physical conversion seemed to complete itself, and he collapsed to the bed, still and silent.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote        
As soon as be beginned to thrash about, Vanessa looked over, concern evident in her features.

... Shit... She thought, until she noticed the changes occurring. His ears, his skin, she could even feel the aura that drow's naturally had overpowering his necromancy, absorbing it, consuming it.

"... It was a success..." She said quietly as she waited for him to relax and awaken. She knew that the sheer amount of the pain that would be included in all that would be more than enough to wake him.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
Sure enough, mere moments later, his eyes popped open, and held back another yelp of sheer pain.

"EEEEEEEEEERGH." he grunted through harshly gritted teeth, as he held back the urge to tear himself apart once more.

"What's... happening...?" he said quietly, as he suddenly felt something inside him.

"My... necromancy..." he added, his pupils shrinking some, showing he knew what was happening.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote        
"Chris, relax." Vanessa said as she made her way over and sat down next to him.

"Relax, it'll hurt less if you can." She added before sighing.

"And yes, you lose your necromancy. Drow's have their own brand of magic."
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote        
He looked to her, and nodded, before taking a deep breath and relaxing as best he could.

"I... feel it." he told her.

"I feel my necromancy fading, but... I feel a stronger magic filling me as well." he continued.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next