Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
He nodded and made his way to the chair, collapsing into it.

Instantly, he felt the inability to move, and felt the magic within him start to churn and rumble, as if it were trying to be used.

Continuously, his summoned spirit after spirit, dismissing them almost instantly, as though his body was on an auto-program to use his magic until it was completely gone.

Even when he felt himself on the last dregs of his magic, he still managed to summon spirit after spirit, until it seemed like his very life energy was now being used to supplement the magic.
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote        
After about twenty minutes, it stopped and he felt his magic return to him, rather forcefully, as the magic that was binding him to the chair faded and vanished.

"Far better than I was expecting." Vanessa told him, a rather content tone to her voice.

"How old are you?" She asked
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote        
When the magic binds vanished, and his own magic returned to him, he slumped to the floor, landing on his knees, and using his hands to keep from falling on his face.

His breathing was heavy, and laboured as well, but he still found the energy to answer her.

"Fifty... four..." he replied.

This information would probably end up being a surprise to her, as he looked like he was only in his late teens, and 54 was a young age for a necromancer to have such talent and power.
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote        
She took a step back out of surprise.

"wait... what?" She asked, her surprise evident in her voice.

"Are you serious...?" She asked.

"I just... that's hard to believe."
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
"I am... serious..." he replied.

"I was born in 1915." he continued.

"The ritual to contain my powers was done on me... when I was 23." he added.

The usual age where a necromancer's powers needed to be controlled through outside forces... other necromancers... was about 25, so it showed that he was definitely more talented than the norm. Slightly, but it was noticeable.
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote        
"I'm... rather amazed, actually." She told him simply.

"I guess I had a stroke of luck in Ashley bringing you back." She added with a grin.

"Regardless, go get yourself something to eat." She added. "I need to return to my research."
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
He nodded.

"All right... thank you..." he replied, as she turned and left the room to get to her research.

As he left the room, she was long gone... and he realized that she had left him behind to get lost.

"....seems the tests aren't over yet... need to find a place where I can get something to eat here..." he told himself, as he slowly made his way down the hallways, using the wall to support himself, as he felt ready to collapse at any second.
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
As he navigated the halls, he felt closer and closer to collapsing, but he pressed on.

After what seemed like forever, but was only about half an hour, he ran into Ashley.

"Oh! Chris... are you alright?" She asked as she made her way over to him and let him use her as leverage to stay standing.
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote        
"Ashley..." he said quietly.

"I need... food... drink..." he continued.

"Tests... limits... magic... satisfactory..." he went on in broken sentence fragments, but she would be able to glean what he was talking about.
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
Ashley nodded as Chris told her what he needed before picking him up.

"Come on, I'll take you back to my room." She said before heading off.

It didn't take long before they reached the room, since she knew where she was going, and she laid him on the bed before heading over to the pot and scooping out more stew for him. She brought it over, after heating it, and handed it to him with a fork.

"Here." She said as she handed it to him.
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote        
"Thank you..." he replied, as he forced himself to a sitting position, taking the stew.

"She... really was ruthless..." he said to the woman.

"Is... is this how she treats people, overall? Or should I consider myself lucky to be alive?" he then asked.
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote        
"You're lucky to be alive." Ashley told him honestly.

"Vana is... well, as you said, she's ruthless. She doesn't care about anyone other than herself for the most part." She added with a small sigh.

"The fact that you're still alive, and she hasn't attempted to harvest your necromancy, speaks volumes about what she thinks about you. Or what you can do for her, at the very least."
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
He looked to her, eating as she spoke, and was finished by the time she was done speaking.

"I... I see." he replied.

"Is... is that why you're still here?" he asked.
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote        
"I returned here after I ... well, I returned a few years ago." She told him honestly.

"And she cares for me because I'm her sister." she added.

"You, though. I think she only wants you for your necromancy, but maybe it'll change."
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote        
He sighed.

"At least she wants me." he said.

"All my life, people have never really wanted me, or had a use for me." he admitted to her.

"So... I'm more than happy to help her in any way I can."
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next