Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote        
He sighed as he sat at his desk, twirling a pen through his fingers. He was Vincent Remmington, accomplished professor and archaeologist to the mortal world, and the most powerful human magi in all the magic world. And he was not exactly happy right now.

He wasn't angry, per se, but more blah and pesudo-depressed. His fiancee and lover, Madison Kiczys, had died upon giving birth to a pair of twin girls, but it was not because of natural complications.

A man known as Christopher Jenkins had broke into their home and raped her... casting a death curse upon removal of the children, regardless of how it was done. He, his sister Hollie, and his daughter Nakia had tried everything to find a cure... someway to release her from the death sentence, but it had failed.

She died upon giving birth a week and half before expected, while he was away on a dig in Egypt.

He'd never truly forgiven himself for it... and while being able to contact Madison and be with her through the spirit world, her necromancy, and some dealing in the afterlife which made her the reaper's assistant... helped, he still felt somewhat like a shell of his former self.

He had still gone on digs, but there had been a couple he passed up. He'd not done any teaching since, and had delved deep into the paperwork Hollie would give him... even though it was less of her giving it to him, and more of him taking it and ignoring everything else.

"......I wonder if she'll do as I asked, and bring more paperwork." he said to himself.

Hollie had said that she would be visiting him today, and he just wanted her to heap on more paperwork. He'd hoped she would take the hint that he needed the distraction, and would give him more and more stuff that she hated to do. He hated to do it as well, but it had reached the point where he honestly did not care.

As such, he was in his study, a large stack of papers in front of him, filled out and ready for her to take, twirling a pen, resting his chin in his palm, while the elbow was on the desk, staring into space, until she would get there.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote        
He wasn't sitting there, almost bored, for long before he heard his sisters footsteps above him. He followed the sounds of the steps to the stairs, and down. He followed them through the hall until they were right outside the door, which opened to reveal his sister.

His sister, who was empty handed.

"Vincent, sorry, I have nothing for you to do for me, specifically, today." She told him as she walked in, closing the door behind her.

"But, I got you a teaching job at the local highschool." She told him simply.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote        
He looked to her and narrowed his eyes, before sighing.

"Uh-huh." he grunted blandly and monotone.

"Well, you'll have to tell them that they'll have to find another teacher... I'm not interested." he replied.

"I'm in no condition to teach."
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote        
"Vincent. I don't care what you have to say. You're taking this sub position." Hollie told him shortly as she crossed her arms under her breasts.

"You need to pick yourself up. I know you're still hurting from losing Madison, but trust me when I say that there's something at this highschool that will do wonders for you."
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote        
He sighed once more, as he looked to his sister.

"Something tells me that I'm not getting out of this, no matter what I say or do." he said.

"So... I suppose that there's nothing more to be said or done, except ask you when I'm supposed to show up." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote        
"Damn straight there's no way you're getting out of this." Hollie told her brother with a smirk.

"I set this up, and I refuse to let you back out of it." She added.

"And you're expected there Monday Morning. The teacher you're filling in for is going out of town for two weeks to help her sister." She told him honestly.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote        
"So it's a sub job." he said.

"I suppose I can tolerate high school kids that just want to make it to the end of the day so they can do whatever drugs or alcohol they're into these days, for two weeks." he added.

He really didn't mean what he had said, as he loved teaching, but it was really an indicator of how hard what happened hit him... and it was all stemming from the fact that he couldn't keep his promise to protect Madison.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote        
Hollie sighed.

"Look, there's something there that I'm sure will pick you up. Rather noticeably at that." She told him, not giving any details.

"So please... just don't write it all off before you see what's there." She said, her tone making it almost a beg.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
He continued to look at her, before blinking and standing up.

"Well, I've always trusted your judgement." he said.

"So I'll try my best to make the most of it, and trust that there's something there to make it worth my while."
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
"Believe me. There is." Hollie said with a smile before walking over and giving Vincenta hug.

"Call me on Monday, after you get home." She said before stepping back.

"I love you Vinny, and I do hope this will help."
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
He returned the hug, and found himself holding her close.

"Hollie..." he said quietly.

"I... I appreciate all you're doing for me, and all you've done." he told her.

"And... I'm sorry for how I've been acting." he apologized.
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote        
"Don't." She said with a smile.

"You're my brother, of course I would do what I have been doing. I just want to see you happy again, you know that." She told him.

"And I'll be honest, what you're going to find at the school... will either be amazing for your mood, or be something that will do far more harm than good."
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote        
"Really?" he asked.

"Is it really such a big thing?" he asked further.

"I'll be honest, you have me very curious now."
Amber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote        
"Well, you'll just have to wait until Monday." Hollie said with a smile.

"Anyway, I'm going to head out. My internal clock is telling me I need sleep. Considering it's about two in the morning back home, I'm not surprised." She added before giving Vincent a quick kiss on the cheek and vanishing.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote        
"See you, Hollie." he replied, before she vanished.

-Monday-

"Well... I guess all there is to do, is to make the best of it, and see what this surprise is." he said to himself, as he got out of his car and made his way to the school building.