Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote        
The world was different. It never used to be like this. There were still people who could remember what it was like before it hit. Before all this insanity. Before all the fear. They were few and far between, but there were people who could still remember those days.

The trees are still green, the grass is still green, the sky is still blue. The sun still shines brightly as it hangs in the sky, the clouds still roll and there is still wind. There are still birds, cats, dogs, squirrels and every other creature that was alive before. The water is still clear and blue, there are still stores and there are still cars.

There are still people who don't care, there are still people who do care. Everything is the same - except for one detail.

No one is human anymore.

Or at least very few people. They are very rare, and very scarce. The last remaining humans are all huddled up in refugee camps all over the world. There are less than 200 humans left, at last count. Although no one knows why it is that people are keeping count. It's not like it matters, and it's not like it can be fixed.

What's done is done, at least that's what a lot pf people think these days. Everyone goes on with their life as they would normally, well as normally as they can. Almost everyone today is living in fear, wondering when it is that they will come after them, whether it be for a justifiable reason or not, you don't know. You can't know when the government will send a hunter after your head, to remove you from the equation because you are a "Threat" to society.

All this because of their own stupidity.

A few decades ago, Kyushu, everyone knows his name, was playing God. How? He was trying to save his daughters life through genetic experimentation. No one knows exactly what his daughter had, just that it would have killed her. Again, it was something that had ended up coming around because of one of hte Governments experiments. Rumour has it, she was turning to stone, but no one knows.

Long story short, the end result of Kyushu trying to save his daughter, was that he ended up condemning the world at the same time. He seems to be immune to it, people speculate it's because he used his own DNA in the creation of what became the infection.

It got out, and into the air. It took a few years for it to travel all across the globe, but it did. After seven years, everyone was infected - it didn't matter the age - minus a selet handful of people that managed to avoid it. Somehow. Kyushu though, has the cure for it in his office, kept under lock and key so no one can get it. He also has his daughter's statue in hs office as a reminder of what happened.

As a result, no one is human anymore. There are vampires, pixies, faeries, gnomes, dwarves, mermaids, mentalists, elementalists, magius', mages, you name it, it's there. Hell, there are even zombies. Every single one of the living creatures, are jsut trying to survive.
Ren Negade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote        
Facility 102 located in the heart of Neo City is one of the research labs funded by the current government in order to find a way to mass produce a cure for the infection and to monitor those who have gone under further experimentation. However, from time to time these test subjects try their damnedest to escape and claim their freedom.

"Attention all staff, subject 10834 has escaped and is currently on the loose within the facility."Announced a voice over the P.A system as sirens sounded through out the building.

"She possesses the ability to manipulate and communicate with the earth, because of this approach with caution as you attempt to apprehend her."

"....Another escapee huh, why can't these people keep their subjects under control; makes it a major a pain in my fucking ass since I'm the only one skilled enough to get the job done." Sighed a rather tall and muscular man who was leaning up against a hallway wall as security rushed through.

The man's hair was a dark shade of blue, spiky and reached the middle of his back. His eyes were the same shade of blue but were shaped a little oddly, an obvious sign of genetic alteration. He wore a black beater style shirt with a red denim style vest upon his torso, a thick metallic belt around his waist that was red in colour and black denim jeans with belt straps around his thighs and chains dangling from his belt. on his arms were red leather gauntlets that matched the boots on his feet. He also wore a thick red head band around his head and had multiple hoop earrings that lined each of his ears. Finally upon his back was rather large sword that seemed to question if someone could actually wield it.

"Hey Rei, are you there?"Asked a voice over a communicator he had in his ear.

"Yeah Yeah, I'm here."Rei replied sounding not all that impressed.

"Good, as you are probably aware we need your help catching this escapee."

"Of course you do, all of you little shit heads are so incompetent it's sickening."

"Why you- just because you're a triple s rank Hunter doesn't mean you have the right to talk down to us."

"You really think I give a rats ass about that....I'll get this job done but I'm going to do it my way, got that?"

"....Just don't go overboard, we're still paying for the damages from last time."

"Yeah whatever, I'll get this done quick..."

Rei pushed himself off the wall and calmly walked through the hallways. He was sick and tired of living the life of a Hunter. He was originally forced n to this positioned but now he simply continued being one so that he could obtain information and a way to achieve his goals; for all he could care, those who have employed him could burn in hell.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote        
She tore through the halls, searching for a way out. She knew that she could find a way easily enough, but also knew that she wouldn't be able to do it at the moment due to the fact that she couldn't stop.

"... Fucking... I'm going to ... ugh... Fuck!" She exclaimed as she tripped over something on the floor. She hit the tiled hard, her jaw length emerald hair falling in front of her face. Most of it was bloodstained, as were her clothes, and her skin, due to what they were doing to her there. She hated it, and she wanted it. As such, she was going to get out, no matter what... or die trying.

"I refuse to let them use my body as they have been..." She hissed as she got to her feet and started running again. It didn't take long though, she turn the corner and ran headfirst into a man with navy hair.
Ren Negade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote        
"You know, you've been causing everyone here quite some trouble."Rei sighed while rubbing the back of his neck as the emerald haired bumped in to his well defined chest.

"Have you found the target yet?"Asked the voice on the other end of the communicator.

"Yeah I did...cutting communication now."Replied Rei.

Rei then sighed as he turned off the communicator and grabbed his sword and readied it his side. He then turned towards the wall behind him and swung his blade in way that carved a large hole n the wall.Rei then placed his sword back in it's rightful place and turned towards the woman.

"Would you look at that, it looks like someone created an escape route."He said with a hint of ignorance in his voice.
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote        
She looked at him as she stepped back, unsure of what he was going to do. When he created the hole, she just looked between him and the hole a few times.

"... Thank you." She said before taking off, through the hole and outside into the cool night air. She didn't know if she could trust him, but at the very least she wasn't about to ignore this offer for help.
Ren Negade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote        
Rei watched as she ran off before sighing as some security officers came by holding guns as though ready to fire if need be.

"Did the test subject escape through that hole?"One of the officers asked Rei.

"Yeah I think so...Oh man, I must be off my game today."Rei replied while yawning.

"And you didn't stop her why?"

"I guess I just didn't feel like it."

"You didn't feel like it...this sounds like out right insubordination, we have no choice but to turn you in."

Rei sighed before taking the communicator out of his ear and crushed it beneath his boot. He then cracked his knuckles and snapped his neck slightly.

"You really think you can take me in huh...well then give it your best shot."Rei taunted the officers while starting ignite his body.

"Oh shit, everyone fall back!"Ordered an officer.

"I don't think so, now burn in hell you pathetic bastards!"Roared Rei as he combusted in to flames and incinerated the entire facility; not leaving a single soul alive.

After the flames had died down, Rei stepped out of the smouldering remains and started walking away from the site. Rei was what is known as a Magius, a being who had complete control over the elements and could bend them to their will. Along with these powers Rei possessed superhuman physical capabilities due to the massive number of genetic experiments performed on him during a young age by his father's orders. For a time his father had complete control over him, however eventually he found help and Rei set out to put an end to his father and to find a way to reverse the infection; this had brought him to his current situation.

About a week later, Rei searched through Neo City to find any information regarding the woman he had set free from the facility. For some reason he felt compelled to find her and ask her to join his cause. Eventually Rei found a lead that brought him to an abandoned warehouse that used to be used to be a factory.

"Man, what shabby piece of crap...."Rei commented as he looked upon the warehouse in disgust.

"Well whatever, let's get this over with."
Amber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
As he neared the building, he would have noticed an unusual amount of plantlife around it. The grass was greener there than it was pretty much anywhere else in the city, and there was several different plants growing out of the grass.
Ren Negade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote        
Rei looked upon the ground to see various plant life forming on the ground beneath him; some of which he knew, some of which he didn't but all was surprising to him considering the environment of Neo City didn't exactly provide the best requirements for natural plant life to grow. The only natural plant life he could recall was the giant tree in the middle of Neo central park.

As walked further in he saw the emerald haired woman sitting upon a crate tending to what appeared to be some sort of flower hybrid. Rei then remembered that this woman had gained a deep connection to the earth thanks to the infection; she had also been listed as being dangerous but he didn't see it. All he saw was actually rather beautiful woman with a rather impressive green thumb.

"So this is where you've been hiding."Rei called out as he stepped further in to the warehouse.

"Not exactly my choice of living arrangements but I suppose some people could get comfortable here."
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote        
She jumped when he heard his voice, jumping to her feet and whirling around.

"How did you find me!?" She asked, fear evident in her voice, and her movements. What she was tending too dropped to the Earthen floor beneath her.

"I'm not going back." She added, anger in her voice, and there was enough to make it apparent that she had every intention to fight him if need be.
Ren Negade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote        
"Now now, don't get your panties in a bunch, I have no intention of bringing you back...besides, even if I wanted to there's nothing left of the facility."Replied Rei in an attempt to calm her down.

"As to how I found you, well the only thing I could do was ask around and eventually I gathered enough clues to pin point your location."

Rei then focused his energy and caused the soil from the plant to gather together and placed it and the flower back into the pot he had simultaneously repaired. He then picked up the pot and handed it over to the woman before forming a chair out of part of the warehouse floor.

"Now, let's talk..."Rei said as he sat down.
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote        
She was silent as she accepted the pot back from him.

"....." She didn't have anything to say, either, when he parked his ass on the chair he created from the floor.

"Talk about what?" She asked, her voice almost hesitant as she stepped back towards the wall a bit.
Ren Negade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote        
"Well I'll be honest, I hate how this world is being controlled by iron clad government that will take innocent people and experiment on them in order to find a cure for the infection....that's all a cover up, the big man in charge already has the cure and is monopolizing on our suffering in order to continue is tyrannical reign."Sighed Rei as he crossed his arms.

"My plans are to find away to knock this king off his throne and reform the government while simultaneously releasing the cure in hopes of reversing these damn mutations, but in order to do this I'll need allies; this is where you come in."

"Since you've first handedly experienced the sort of shit that they put people through all in hopes of mass producing a cure, I'd imagine you'd be more than willing to aid my cause just so tat there will be an end to all this, and besides....I felt as though I was being drawn to you, can't explain as to why but I just was."
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote        
She was silent as he said his piece. She didn't know what to say to him, just that she would be smart to keep her thoughts to herself.

"While yes, I disagree with what that jackass is doing, but tell me, what good to you honestly think you will be able to do?" She asked, distrust evident in her voice.
Ren Negade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote        
"You know, you have every right to have doubts in me." Rei slightly chuckled.

"I'll admit, I have no idea what all I'd have to do to make a change but at least I can say this much; unlike everyone else out there I don't fear this self proclaimed king, I have enough courage and determination to see it through that a brighter future can be made for later generations, a future where we can all live our lives the same way before the infection hit."
Amber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote        
"I highly doubt that it would be possible to return the world to what it was..." She said, trailing off a bit before sighing.

"What's your name?" She asked.