Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote        
"Brother..." a young boy said in a weak and quiet voice.

"Yeah?" a second boy replied, sounding a little more resolute.

"Brother, do you think we'll ever get out of here?" the first boy asked.

"We have to." the other one replied. "We can't stay like this forever... we just can't." he added, as the first one came to him and hugged him.

"I'm scared..." the younger one said, sounding like he was on the verge of tears.

"Don't worry, Ashley... you're my little brother, and I promise I'll get you out of here." the older one said.

"Thanks, Lindsay..." Ashley replied, just holding on.

"Besides, Miss Encrae said she would help us, and you know she likes us." Lindsay reminded his brother.

"Now... don't cry, little bro. You need to be brave. You need to always stand tall and face whatever comes your way with courage and determination. Don't let it get you down." he continued.

"Right... I promise." Ashley replied, sounding like he was forcing down the tears and trying to be strong.

They were Lindsay and Ashley Fyrane, and all they knew were the cold walls of the building that was their home. They knew not of their mother, and were told constantly that she have given them up for dead, so she could rampage and live out her dangerous and forbidden lifestyle.

Ashley seemed to believe it more than Lindsay, as Lindsay would always tell his little brother that it couldn't be true. He would always say that their mother would be so happy when they found her, and could be a family again.

They endured various tests... whether they were physical tests of strength and endurance, or being tested under various climate and weather conditions, they strived and persisted on.

That was... until that one time. The time where they were strapped to tables, side by side, and injected with some strange chemicals. The both of them writhed in sheer agony, screaming out for their mother, for each other, for anyone... to stop their pain and suffering... until it all just died off and they felt calm once more.

They remembered hearing things such as 'success' and 'congratulations' and other such things. But they also heard that 'further treatments and injections would be needed, before seeing if they could be perfected further'.

"Lindsay... I don't want them to hurt us any more..." Ashley said quietly, as he still clutched to his brother.

"I know... I don't want it either..." Lindsay replied. "If they try to hurt you again, I'll stand in their way. I'll make sure they don't hurt you any more Ashley." he promised.

Ashley just nodded, as he held his brother closer. He knew that everything would be all right, as long as his big brother was there. Lindsay was generally the smarter, and more composed of the two of them. Lindsay seemed to know what was going on more than himself, and for that, he was grateful. At least one of them knew what was happening, and could possibly do something to stop it... or so he hoped.

"I'm glad you're still with me, brother." Ashley said, his tone lighter and full of relief.

"I'm... glad I'm still with you as well." Lindsay replied, forcing a smile. He was truly glad they were together, but he had heard talk of separating them, to see what the effects would be. Something about hardening them up, so their emotions wouldn't get in the way of their scientific progress.

"I love you, Ashley..." he said quietly.

"I love you too, big brother Lindsay." Ashley replied with a smile, as they continued to hug each other in the cold, grey, blank room that was their own cell.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote        
It was then that the door opened silently and what looked like a teen with what looked to be dragon wings walked in. She closed the door behind her and tossed a small package over to them.

"There are cloaks in there for you two to wear, one each." She told them, her tone sharp as her golden eyes looked between them. She was a drow, a dark elf, and she knew that people would shun her because of it. The twins there, had accepted her though, and for that, she was eternally grateful.

"They will help you blend in with the shadows, to hopefully decrease the chances of being caught. Although if my sister is around, there's an extremely low chance of avoiding her." She added with a bit of a sigh.

"At any rate, put them on, and let's going. She need to get out of here. I don't want to see you two go through any more torture, since Vana's methods are getting to be more and more brutal and grotesque."
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
Both Ashley and Lindsay accepted the cloaks and put them on.

"Thank you, big sis!" Ashley said happily, as he ran to her and hugged her leg.

"Yes... thank you so much for this..." Lindsay added, as he walked up to her.

"It's... a great risk that you're taking here... both my brother and I appreciate this greatly." he added, as he sighed.

"I just wish... that you would come with us." he said quietly.

"Surely doing this will not put you in grand favour with your sister..." he continued. "And it looks like... they've been experimenting on you as well..." he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote        
She shook her head.

"Forget that notion. I can't go with you, so just forget about it. You'll feel better if you do, I'm sure." She said simply, although he tone did make it apparent that she didn't like the notion of staying there. She wanted to be free of her sister, but knew that she couldn't leave.

Once they had donned the cloaks, she sighed and extinguished the candle that was lighting the room and headed out, with the boys in tow.

"remember, stay silent." She said as they walked.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote        
Both Lindsay and Ashley nodded, although their expressions showed that they were clearly saddened by the fact that the woman could not go with them... or would not, anyway.

As such, they simply followed the woman through the corridors, with Ashley keeping closer than Lindsay, and actively trying the hardest to keep quiet.

Lindsay on the other hand, knew that he needed to stay quiet, and made sure not to utter a peep, as they continued through the labyrinthine hallways.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 pm Reply with quote        
She led them through the halls silently, not stopping for breaks or anything... at least not until she was knocked to the floor from something that was essentially a magic orb fired from a type of gun. The orb though, suppressed drow magic.

"... Shit..." She hissed as she climbed to her feet.

"None of you are to leave. Back to your rooms." One of the two that were there ordered. His voice was sharp, but it was obvious that he was a bit scared to exude any authority over them, although it wasn't possible to tell which one scared him.

"No." The woman hissed as she got to her feet.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
Both Ashley and Lindsay were stunned that the men seemed so... scared and unnerved in the face of the three of them... but... they weren't sure who the men were so scared of.

"We... we are the authority here." the other man said.

"You are to immediately go back to your rooms, while your punishment is decided." he continued, though his voice showed a distinct lack of real authority or conviction.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote        
The woman just sighed.

"Come on boys." She said before just walking up to the pair that were trying to stop them, and shoved them away before her wings expanded and folded around her a bit. She then opened them again, hitting both of the those that wished to stop them, with enough force to knock them out.

"They locked my drow magic. We won't be able to rely on that for a bit, I'm sorry." She said with a sight before looking like she got an idea.

"But..." She said as she turned to face the twins and brought her tail around. The spikes were insanely sharp, and she sliced her hand. the blood that came forth was an extremely dark red, to the point that it almost looked black.

"If you can, get some of my blood into your bodies. It'll give you an immunity to drow magic from my line, meaning me and Vana." She told them honestly.

"I don't know how long it will last, though...." She added
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote        
Once again, Lindsay and Ashley were amazed at how composed and how capable the woman was. She knocked the guards out like they were nothing, and even then cut herself, saying that her own blood would protect them from drow magic from her family line... meaning her sister, and the one in charge of all this.

"I... all right." Lindsay said, as he walked up to her. He then lifted his sleeve and tore a bandage off of it, showing an open wound where he was injected multiple times with something.

He beckoned for Ashley to do the same, and his little brother complied, doing the same thing... although his own wounds didn't seem as bad as his older brother's... this seemed to indicated that Lindsay was being experimented on more heavily than his brother, for some reason.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote        
When she saw the difference between the two, she just sighed, unable to actually say anything in regards to that.

".... I'm sorry...." She said quietly before quickly holding her hand above Lindsay's, then Ashley's, wounds. It stung the boys, but they could feel it working it's way into their systems.

"... That will protect you. Again, I don't know how long, I'm sorry." She told them before smiling slightly, although it was obviously a sad smile.

"Now come on, let's get out of here." She said before heading off again, expecting them to follow.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
"Sorry...?" Lindsay asked.

"For what?" Ashley asked further.

But by the time they had asked their questions, she had turned and was off on her way.

They nodded to each other, and ran to catch up.

"Miss Encrae seems sad..." Ashley commented.

"Yeah..." Lindsay replied quietly, as the were soon right behind the woman with wings of dragon.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote        
They didn't run into anyone else before they reached the end. Amazingly enough, there was no resistance as they made their trek throughout the complex; and when they could see the doorway out, both boys nearly squeeled in joy.

"Boys, please, don't forget me, and what I did for you..." She said quietly as she led them towards the door. When they were about halfway through the entrance room though, the woman was suddenly hit with an orb of magic that all three of them knew was draw in essence, for all three had fallen victim to it previously.

"Ashley!" A woman snapped as she walked up to the woman, Ashley, who was on her knees in pain.

"I never once said you could take these boys and leave. So what are you doing?" She asked, silver hair falling around her face.

"Getting them free of you." Ashley hissed, pain evident in her voice before her sister backhanded you.

"No. You're not."

"Vana, I am. I don't care what you have to say about it. I am getting them free." Ashley hissed as she got to her feet, despite the pain.

"Well then, if you're so determined, I guess I will need to punish you later." Vana stated coldly before looking to the twins.

"Unless either of you wish to be harmed, back to your rooms. Now." She ordered, her voice not leaving any room for negotiation.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote        
Both the boys felt themselves growing angrier and angrier, the more that the one known as Vana hurt the woman, Ashley.

Lindsay narrowed his eyes and stood his ground.

"I won't let you hurt my brother any more." he said, as Ashley started to cry a little, cowering behind his big brother.

"So, I will stand against you and fight!" he added.
Amber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote        
Vana just smirked.

"Oh, really now?" She asked before it looked like the woman that was helping them, Ashley, was encased in a red tinted box.

"Let's see how you handle fighting Ashley. I know you two are rather attached to her, so let's see if you can do it. It'll make it that her life is actually worthwhile to me, too. So it's a win win, really." She said almost flippantly.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote        
"What!?" Lindsay exclaimed, as he saw the woman become encased in a red-tinted cube.

"No!" Ashley exclaimed, as he ran out from behind his brother, and noticed what was happening.

"Stop it!" he yelled.

"Damnit... damnit..." Lindsay cursed, as he raced forward to try and land a hit on Vana.