Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Zillah

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 pm Reply with quote        
No, not video games. Put down the controller and step away from the screen. Yes, that's better.

Anyone like board/card/RP games? What are some of your favorites?

I'm really into strategy and political strategy games. I especially like games with a deception element like The Resistance or Battlestar Galactica. I've gotten really good at lying. xD Some of my other favorites include Cosmic Encounter, Scrabble, Munchkin, Settlers of Catan, Dominion, Talisman, and Khet (aka laser chess).
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quote        
I love card and board games. Recently we bought an H.P. Lovecraft-inspired boardgame, called something like Arkham Encounters or Arkham Horror or something. (Ia, ia, Cthulhu!) It's a very long and complex game, usually taking at least three hours to finish, but it's great fun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:01 am Reply with quote        
I have heard of Arkham Horror but never tried it. I may want to buy it at some point, but I've spent a lot on games this summer as it is. :P It sounds like a lot of fun, and I can handle complexity pretty well after a few plays, but I heard the setup alone is long enough to turn people off of it before the game has even really started. xD
Freshie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote        
I play and collect Pokemon TCG. I play Magic: The Gathering. I like general board games. And recently I found this, so now I want it. :D
And this probably doesn't count but still on a table. Fooseball/table soccer. I'm great at that. :D

killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote        
Ah, the setup does take a while but is quite painless. (There's loads of cards and bits though.) People are just lazy when it comes to that. xD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
Lololol Life. I keep finding myself in a position where I want to create a parody version of it, but ultimately I just don't have the time. That's awesome though. It had me at 'glow-in-the-dark'. And haha yeah, Foosball is a physical coordination game like ping-pong or pool. It's more a sport than a true tabletop game. :P

I don't mind setting up a game, but I always dislike putting one away if it has a lot of pieces. xD I wonder how Arkham would compare to Twilight Imperium in terms of pieces...
LuckyKeyblade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote        
I LOVE chess. It is probably my favorite and checkers. I'm pretty decent at both games and I love the Game of Life and playing that with a lot of people or family.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote        
Chess, oh my! My dad's really really good at it, beats me every single time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:37 am Reply with quote        
I never got good at chess, but I'm sure if I put enough time into it, I could. I'm good at solving puzzles, and that's most of what chess is.
Mellonin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote        
Dungeons & Dragons! It's my guilty pleasure. It's also what instantly tells people what a geek I am ... Embarrassed
Zillah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, D&D is awesome. I've only played one campaign before, but I get really into roleplaying games. I try to add a roleplaying element to most of the board games I play; like, I'll start talking and acting like the character I'm playing, sometimes making a less strategic move for the sake of staying in character. Drives my friends nuts. xD
Blazinfox555

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote        
For board games: Settlers of Catan ftw, I also like the Farming Game, and Blokus (lol)
Card games: Skip-bo, Rook, Phase 10

I would love to try out D&D one day. Chess is okay if you're only doing it for fun.
Venya1Aven

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote        
I play DND on Roll20.net right now with some guys. there very friendly too.

I love to play pokemon and magic when it comes to card games. they are a blast to do. I suck at them but I love them to death.
IzaOri

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote        
Honestly, I really love 'Risk' and 'Dungeons and Dragons.' I think they're both very fun, especially the latter. DnD is very customizable and you can play with friends. You can make your own character and design your own quests. There's so much you can do with it, and have fun with friends all the while! It's a great fantasy game. If you're ever looking for a new RP game to play, you should try DnD. It's best with three or more people.
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote        
DnD is great because you can do almost anything with the right group of people behind you. uvu I made a halfling barbarian-gladiatorial style fighter. It was amazing.

I also like the game Dystopia Rising but it's very rp heavy. There is combat but some people don't like it because it's a little clunky in that aspect. It's supposed to be more about the characters anyways. Some people enjoy play-heavy but, again, depends on the group you are a part of.