Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote        
Arnold looked between the fallen angel and Ana. "Yeah, John's usually working under Raph, but word has it that Gabriel's guy is looking for a replacement, so John's been doing double the work for the last week or so." He kept himself up to date with what was happening with everyone because even though money was the preferred currency, he really bartered in information. That was the reason people came to Arnie's Place most likely.

"And he destroys this bar once every year or so, and I always see it coming before it happens so I know when to close up. He'd get violent anyways, so I figger why not here instead of in public where he'd draw a huge crowd?"

"As for your question on a place to stay, Miss Ana, I have a back room that can be used for any purpose. We'll discuss rent in a bit, but as long as you keep our determined payment up and follow the rules I don't see much of a problem with you staying here for a while."

Kinslayer6788

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote        
"Yes, I destroy the bar and the entire club once a year. On the aniversery of the fall. As you can see," Tor stood up and spread his wings. His wings were a black that when you looked at them you felt a dread, then the fear of never hearing or feeling the creators presence ever again. "I am one of the fallen. I was one of the first to fall. If I wanted to I could bring this world to its end!"

Tor sat back down, as his wings closed back up. He took a sig of his Abbots Ale and looked back up. "Except in this bar. He is to powerful here. What do you always say again about your power here Arnie?"
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote        
"My power in this single building is limitless. I only use it for forcible expulsion, but I can do whatever I want with it if I so choose to." He sat back down on his couch. "In fact, I've only met two beings in the entire world who can negate my powers while I am here. One being death itself and the other being my mother." He chuckled.

One of them, in fact, was the reason he owed Mr. Cutter so much. If it wasn't for that jerk, he'd be wiped completely out of existence right now. But right now, that didn't matter. Right now he was wondering where Max was.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote        
"Yea yea, very impressive," Ana said to the angel, "Now put 'em away, I got flashed enough by angels in New York, don't need it here too. Oh, but yea, I can pay. I've got some cash saved up, although getting a job is rather high on my list right now...don't want to get, what did you call it, 'forcibly ejected?' But right now...alcohol." With a small exertion of her will, Ana floated the chair above and behind the bar, to pour herself a rather large glass of beer. She then drained this glass in about three gulps, which were followed by a long burp that reached a decibel level that very few burps have ever reached.

"By the gods," she muttered, "that's exactly what I needed." Ana poured herself another glass, floated her chair back to the correct side of the bar, and let it fall to the floor next to the angel. She started drinking her beer at a much more reasonable pace.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote        
Max made his way down the hellishly long staircase to the club he worked at. Arnie's Place was the most unusual bar he had ever worked, but that meant that he never had a dull day, and he appreciated that about it.

He opened the red door that was the club's actual entrance and saw that there were already three people in; the fallen angel that seemed to always be there, the changeling chick, and a new girl. Max looked at the clock. He was only fifteen minutes late, but he didn't know how late dinner was going to take so he mentioned to Arnie that he was going to be late. He saw that the two others already had alcoholic beverages.

"So, you're starting without me?" Max sighed. "My god, you guys are restless. Can't sit tight for fifteen minutes, can you?" He walked behind the bar and hung up his coat on the hook behind him. "Alright, the bar is officially open now, guys."

Atraea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote        
"I didn't," Magda scoffed, putting her hand daintily to her chest in mock-offense. "And this is about par for the course for Tor. He didn't exactly set a good example for..." Magda stared at the new girl, thinking that perhaps if she stared long enough...

"Uh. This chick. I know Arnie said your name but I couldn't hear over Tor's 'John Cutter what a D-bag' speech." Magda smiled at Max. "Buuut, now that it's officially open don't mind if I do." She bent over the counter, her tiptoes perched on the long footrest below the bar, her shirt riding up slightly as she shuffled about looking for her special tankard. "Ah, here we are." Magda pulled up a wooden mug that looked to be the size of her head, with the handle sporting a small twig that branched out at a jaunty angle, with red, orange, and yellow leaves poking out at the tip.

She set the mug on the counter and reached back behind the bar.

"Honey mead's on draft right?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote        
"It always is, Magda. As long as I know you're coming around, Mead's on draft. Plus, a lot of others like it as well." Max grinned. He did expect Torelon to start early because he always did. He wasn't fond of him setting a bad example for the newcomer, though. He sighed and took out his barstool. Everyone so far had been taken care of and the night was still very young.

He sat and listened to the music coming out of the speakers. Arnie didn't usually play Electro-Swing... was something up? Should he be worried for any reason? Did his mom find out about the couch or something? Or was it something else? He shrugged. Whatever. Arnie would say something to him if it was really important. For now, he just pulled up his stool behind the bar and sat down for a bit. It was slow now, but he knew that things would be picking up in an hour or so.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote        
Mr Butterfield walked out of the large building, wearing his usual grey suit and carrying his usual grey briefcase, on his face the usual, bland expression, his feet briskly carrying his plump body down the street towards where his small car was parked. He pulled out his napkin and wiped his forehead, then drove along until he reached his house. It was a small, plain house. He didn't stay there long.

Still wearing his suit, Paul exited and began walking down the road. He walked and walked along dark and windy streets until he could hardly stand it (which, with his short legs, did not take very long), then went through the door like he always did. He went down the stairs, and entered Arnie's Place, as he did almost every night.

"The usual, please." He was really looking forward to his whiskey. He looked around and saw a number of people already there, sitting at tables and talking and socializing. He pulled out his napkin and wiped his forehead.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote        
"Of course, Mr. Butterfield." Max gave a friendly smile and grabbed the bottle of whiskey and a glass, pouring it and giving it to the man sitting at the bar. He wondered what brought Mr. Butterfield to Arnie's of all places. He just assumed that it was the same reason he ended up here; all of the other bars in the area were extremely dull and he needed something unusual. He never asked, though. If he wanted Max to know, he would have said something about it.

Max watched as the place slowly started getting its usual group. He sensed that tonight would be an interesting one.

Then again, when wasn't this place interesting?

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
Ana started, suddenly realizing she'd zoned out for a while. She grinned sheepishly at the bartender.

"Sorry bud," She said, "I didn't know when you'd be here, and waiting wasn't much of an option." Ana shrugged apologetically.

"It shouldn't happen again. Probably. Maybe. Well, I can't promise anything, but I'll try to avoid it, yea? Awesome. Oh," Ana turned to the other girl in the bar, "Th' name's Ana. And he totally is a 'd-bag,' as you put it. Believe me, I'm generally a patient person, well that's a lie, but if the guy didn't have connection with archangels, I'd have tried to melt his face off. Not that I can really do that, but I'd have tried, dammit! Bastard..."

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote        
"Wow, John's getting a lot of negative feelings tonight. Yeah, he may be a bit of a bully sometimes, and yes he does work with the archangels, but all in all he's not a bad guy. We actually get along most of the time." Arnie sighed and walked over to Ana.

"Okay, now we need to discuss your payment plan. I would ask you to do work around the club and pay with your services, but unless you want to do pre and post-cleanup, there isn't much I can offer. So I guess that means we have to actually work out a rent system..." He paused. This situation was a new one for him, as he had never had a lodger before, so he was still trying to figure out how things were going to work. Well, he would figure something out.

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote        
Robert opened the door to Arnie's slowly, but deliberately. It was in a place that essentially looked like nowhere, so nobody was going to be looking for him there. He'd walked by and heard the call of faint music a few times, but had never plucked up the courage to follow the sound all the way to the door, he wasn't sure why he suddenly did today, but typically, Robert just went with it.

Face to the floor, he inhaled and shuffled in through the door. Looking up slightly from under his hair to ascertain where the bar was, and where he could sit far enough away from someone to not have to make conversation if he didn't absolutely have to.
As he shuffled to the seat he had picked at the bar, his head gave a quick jerk to the side, to cover it he made out that his head was itchy, he looked up just quickly enough to check that nobody had noticed, and he didn't think that anybody had, that, or he'd just hoped they hadn't.
He sat at the seemingly worn bar and waited until the barkeep was no longer busy with whatever seemed to be going on, he tried not to eavesdrop in to other people's conversations, he found that it often got him in trouble anyway, besides he wasn't really here to drink, he was here out of sheer curiosity and this place was as good a place as any to spend an interesting evening.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote        
"I can clean up if you want," Ana said to the bar's owner, "Telekinesis is easy. Just, y'know, tell me what goes where, and there it'll go. Then hand me a vacuum or somethin', and fwoosh, clean floor. And whatever else cleaning involves. But if that's not enough, I can pay the difference. Howdya wanna do it?"

At that moment, Ana was distracted by the arrival of a new person. Another mundie? Fun. At least this one didn't seem like a big ball of lard and toupees. Ana wanted to say hi.

She floated her chair over to the newbie, and held it in the air so that she was almost as tall as him.

"Hey."

Amaris Kale

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 am Reply with quote        
Robert coughed and his chin jutted up slightly, but he managed to suppress it, so as not to embarrass himself. His face flushed pink and he managed to shift slightly in his seat, look up properly and mumble "Um, hey" as an awkward half smile spread across his lips. Though he was hoping that nobody had noticed him, he didn't want to seem rude.
The truth is, he'd never seen someone as unusual as the girl who had just paid him attention, though the bar seemed to be fairly full of unusual characters, he particularly noticed the fact that this girl's chair was, well, floating.
"How are you doing that?" Robert asked the woman as she eyed him - he noticed that her appearance was unusual, too, he particularly enjoyed the tattoos all the way up her arm and had to stop himself from looking like he was staring, it was just that he was studying what they all were.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote        
Max laughed. "Floating chairs are nothing compared to the rest of the shenanigans that go on in this place." He had just put the brandy back on the shelf when he saw the brand new guy. Tonight really was a night for new people. First the witch, and now this guy.

This guy seemed pretty normal- then again, everyone seemed normal to him due to his complete lack of ability to pick up spiritual energies. Most people could get twinges of great dark powers or holy beings or major magical players, but he didn't feel a thing. That's part of what got him hired, in fact. Arnie told him that what he had was very rare and very useful in this line of work, so he just rolled with it and served drinks.

"Now, what can I get you?" He grinned at the new guy. "First drink's on the house for newbies- club rules."