Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote        
The Wildlings

"Deep in the forest there are many hidden things. Wild things, creatures that should never be tamed. They say that there are people, too. Savages that live up in the trees and feast on the blood of wolves. They say they worship evil demons, and that they have souls as black as their eyes. I've also heard that they ride hideous monsters with two heads!" The old man chuckles, spilling some of his ale. He looks at the wide-eyed children, staring up at him, waiting to hear more. "That's why you should never go into the forest on yer own! Ah well, time to go to your beds, no more stories t'night. Off with you!"

(For the OoC thread, click here!)
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote        
People and places

Old Vinton:
It is a typical small town on the side of a large and well-travelled road. Many visitors come and go. There are farmers and merchants and many others, more than willing to trade their wares for Vinton's famous wines and pastries.

NPCs:
-Jin Vodley, The Mayor: A fat, old man, with bright laughing eyes and a taste for wine. His clothes are fancy but shabby, and what's left of his hair is white as snow. He loves joking and making fun of people. He tends to find his job as a mayor rather tedious when it comes to actually doing things in his office.
-More to be added...
You may create more characters, but if you don't make them a profile, I will add them to the NPC list, and anyone can play them.

Players:
N/A

The Jungle Tribe:
A small tribe set deep in the jungle, living among the trees. They have been here for countless generations, living as one with nature and the creatures. Most of them inexplicably have some small power, which they call the Gods' Gift. They believe in two Gods: Alamei, Goddess of the larger moon, and Ezdiri. the smaller moon's Goddess. The people are dark-skinned. They have never been outside the jungle, except the Shaman, who must go yearly up the river until he reaches the spring from where the water comes, and bring some water back for all the members to drink from.

NPCs:
-Akhe, The Leader: A serious woman, with a strong body and sharp features. She can often be found staring into space, but she is an excellent leader when her tribe needs her. Her braided hair has a few streaks of grey at the temples. She has an adorned staff, on which her raven often perches.
-Dere, The Shaman: A fairly young man, who was an apprentice until the old Shaman passed away a turn of the seasons ago. He is rather shy and feels a bit insecure about his position, trying to constantly be as good as his predecessor. He needs to find an apprentice...
You may create more characters, but if you don't make them a profile, I will add the to the NPC list, and anyone can play them.

Players:

Quote:
I live with the tribe!

Username: killerkitty
Name: Roen
Physical aspects: Roen is somewhat taller than most others in the tribe. He is thinner though, and not quite as strong. His skin is dark, like everyone's in his tribe, and his eyes are almost black. His hair, when loose, would go below his shoulder blades. He has it in many braids, adorned with beads. He has a small nose. His eyebrow are thick and often in a frown, and he has high cheekbones. He wears anklets on his right foot. He has a tattoo of a seashell on his palm.
Personality: Roen is very serious, contrary to his older brother, Shoka. He seeks time alone, something which puzzles most of the other members of the tribe. He can be rude to most people but his mother. He does help when asked to, though. He can be very kind and caring, but he very rarely shows this side to anyone.
Position: Fisher
Biography: He always lived in the shadow of his older brother, or at least he felt that way. His brother had always been bigger, better and nicer than him, and constantly teased him. Roen had always been very jealous of Shoka. When his brother died, Roen had been consumed by guilt. He did his best to hide these feelings, and steadily grew more and more distant with other people.
Goddesses' Gift: He always knows where to find a water source.
Weapon of choice: Fishing spear.

We may add new places as we progress.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote        
The Profile Skeletons

Code:
[b]I live in Vinton![/b]

[b]Username:[/b] (You should know this one.)
[b]Name:[/b] (First and last name.)
[b]Age:[/b] (5-99)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Male, female or Squid?)
[b]Physical aspects:[/b] (You may use a picture, but I prefer a description.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (A description of the way your character is.)
[b]Job:[/b] (You can be anything: Farmer, butcher, blacksmith, baker, winemaker, someone's assistant, beggar, priest, healer, thief, the local witch...)
[b]Biography:[/b] (You may have had just had an uneventful childhood growing up in town, along with most other people. You may have had a tragic and bitter past, winding up as another visitor at the inn. How would the past have affected your character's personality?)

Code:
[b]I live with the tribe![/b]

[b]Username:[/b] (You should know this one.)
[b]Name:[/b] (Every person has only one name.)
[b]Age:[/b] (5-99)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Male, female or squid?)
[b]Physical aspects:[/b] (You may use a picture, but I prefer a description. Every person over the age of 15 has a tattoo on their palm. What's yours?)
[b]Personality:[/b] (A description of the way your character is.)
Position: (You receive your position in the tribe after you're fifteen years old. If younger, say the position of your parents. Hunter, gatherer, healer, Shaman's apprentice, exiled.)
[b]Biography:[/b] (You may have had just had an uneventful childhood growing up in town, along with most other people. You may have had a tragic and bitter past, winding up as another visitor at the inn. How would the past have affected your character's personality?)
[b]Goddesses' Gift:[/b] (Most people of the tribe have some small magical talent. Do you have one? What is it? No mindreading allowed.)
[b]Weapon of choice:[/b] (Everyone fifteen years old or older has one.)

killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 am Reply with quote        
The Rules of Doom

-Follow all of Midorea's rules.
-I understand you may have writer's block, but you must write at least two sentences. I haven't roleplayed in a long time, so bear with me.
-Please, no God-moding.
-Respect others! (Though your character IS allowed to be a total jerk.)
-Post your character's profile in the OoC thread.
-Put "Now give me cookies" at the end of your profile to prove that you have read the rules.
-You are allowed up to two characters. If you decide to quit, your character will become an NPC.
-If you don't post for three months, I will assume that you have indeed quit.
-It would be best if you read everything that's happened before you begin posting, though it's not necessary.
-May add more if needed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote        
I live in Vinton!
Username: superbinka
Name: Joan Grundy
Physical aspects: Tall and lanky, with long dirty blonde hair. She has big green eyes, and a large nose. She is not considered very attractive, and is very uncoordinated.
Personality: She is stubborn and persuasive when it comes to anything she is passionate about and defends her opinions viciously. She gets angry if she is treated differently because she is a girl.
Job: Blacksmith's daughter, does the housework to earn her keep.
Biography: She was the second-born child of Glen Grundy, the town blacksmith. He always thought she was useless and wanted a boy to carry on his work. Her older brother didn't live much longer than a year, and her mother died giving birth to her. Her father hates her for this, and gives her all the "girl" jobs to do around the house.

Joan finished sweeping the kitchen floor, put the broom away and sat down at the dining table to rest her feet.

"No slacking, girl! I'm earning the money here, through hard work, and you have to earn your keep in this house, too. If my father could see you now..."

Joan blocked him out, getting up again quickly. She had already cleaned the whole house back to front, so she put a pot on the stove and began cooking for two. It was going to be a long day.
joan149

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote        
Akhe, The Leader: A serious woman, with a strong body and sharp features. She can often be found staring into space, but she is an excellent leader when her tribe needs her. Her braided hair has a few streaks of grey at the temples. She has an adorned staff, on which her raven often perches.
-Dere, The Shaman: A fairly young man, who was an apprentice until the old Shaman passed away a turn of the seasons ago. He is rather shy and feels a bit insecure about his position, trying to constantly be as good as his predecessor. He needs to find an apprentice...
You may create more characters, but if you don't make them a profile, I will add the to the NPC list, and anyone can play them.