Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Return to Camelot: The Untold Arthurian Legend(OPEN)

Who Should Run the Storyline?
Mal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kin
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote        
Allyn was foraying into the forest when he heard the barks. The knight turned around, his hand on the hilt of his sword, ready to face down wolves. Instead, he saw an enormous black dog, bounding up to Learmount.

"Er...um..." Allyn was entirely lost for words. Learmount was already walking off, apparently following a trail by the time Allyn collected himself. He jogged to catch up with Learmount and the...hound, eyeing the beast warily.

"Learmount," he said, tentatively, "Care to tell me why, or how, how would be good, you have a dog the size of a horse all of a sudden?"

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote        
"Well... there's a lot I have to explain in order to get to the dog, I think, and I was going to tell you all of this eventually, seeing that we are partners and all..." She tapered off. Even though she was fully planning on telling him everything, she still was uncomfortable with the concept. She took a deep breath. How much should she say? How much did she need to say? She couldn't just say that the dog that appeared out of nowhere was hers and that she just let it roam the countryside.

"Tell him. Trust is an important thing to establish in a partnership." Cu Sidhe looked over at her.

"This is Cu Sidhe, the lead hound of the Faerie court's hunting parties. He's an old family friend of mine."

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote        
Allyn was nodding rather furiously, trying to understand.

"Uh...huh," he said, "When are you going to get to the explaining part? Also, nice to meet you, Sir Cu Sidhe." The knight didn't quite pronounce the hound's name correctly, but he did rather well considering he was having trouble focusing on anything but the fact that Learmount appeared to be able to summon faerie dogs.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
"I am, it's just... I'm not used to explaining my... history to anyone." She tapered off again. Goodness, she was bad at this. Then again, she was telling the truth when she said she wasn't used to explaining herself because everyone she talked to either knew about her family or had no need to know.

"Have you ever heard the ballad of the Rhymer?" She asked. Mentioning the ballad would be the easiest way to start him off, as it was a generally popular song in recent times and most had heard it.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
"No."

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
"Maybe I'll sing it when we're done here." She smiled. "The ballad of the Rhymer is about a young man taken by the fae to live with them for seven years. After he leaves, he is given... powers." She paused.

"That ballad is about my grandfather, and the abilities he was blessed with by the fae were passed on to me." She smiled. Now that that was taken care of, it felt as if a huge weight was lifted from her chest. Now she could be much more honest in her current living place, and not because the other tenants thought she was crazy.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote        
"Okay, I understand that," Allyn said, "Where does the dog come in? Because...well, that seems rather strange, and awfully convenient." In Allyn's experience, convenient magic was a myth. If things seemed convenient, then something was missing. A downside, a price, something. Also, Allyn was more than a little scared of the dog. He could face down an enemy knight without quailing, or take on a coven of witches without a moment's hesitation, but this dog...

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh, I had a friend of mine contact Cu Sidhe, and he came. The hounds of the Wild Hunt move much faster than any mortal. With the prey they chase after, they have to be." She chuckled.

She had only seen the Wild Hunt pass her by once, but it was an intimidating sight, with Cu Sidhe at the lead of a giant pack of hounds and the court riding close behind. She wanted to run and join them, but her father told her that it would be best for her to stay inside that night, as they were hunting down the fiends of hell, and that was not the type of thing he wanted a young girl seeing.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
"I...see," Allyn said, not entirely confident in that assessment, "Is there any other family secret I should know about? Not to pry, I just like having access to relevant and helpful information that might be able to end this quest all that much sooner." Allyn was still eyeing Cu Sidhe warily, not entirely sure if he trusted the dog. Dogs were meant to be...small. Or at least...smaller than that.

"So, erm, I'm assuming, Cu Sidhe, was it? I'm assuming Cu Sidhe is leading us to where the, er, robed men were heading, correct? Could you ask him...him, right? Could you ask him how far it is?"

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote        
"Tell him we are heading towards a clearing not too far from here. That's where the feeling is strongest and where you might find the things you seek." Cu Sidhe responded.

She relayed the information, and then went back to his first question. "Well, my second sight did come with a bit of a... curse, you could call it." She looked down at the ground. "I'm unable to lie. At all. Not even to save myself if I get into trouble. In fact, it's how I got into trouble in the first place. Ran my mouth when I shouldn't have, and got all the wrong people very upset." She smiled sadly.

Sir Allyn was the first person she let know this. Not even her own family knew why she was in the city still, when she said she would only be gone for two months. She hated pulling the wool over their eyes with half-truths, but she didn't want them to know anything.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote        
"I've seen many with your story," Allyn said, patting Learmount on the shoulder, "I'm sure all will be well. If you'd like, I could ask your...employer to release you from whatever agreement you have. Many of the witches I've caught over the years only committed their crimes because they were forced to by nobility. It's a horrible situation. I do what I can to help them." Allyn patted Learmount's shoulder once more, then Cu Sidhe broke into a clearing.

Allyn stepped forward to study the clearing. In the center was a mound of ash, and the entire place seemed to have been stomped down by feet.

"Learmount," he said, "What do you make of this?"

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote        
"I'm sorry, but I was sworn to secrecy." She looked down at the ground. "I cannot tell you the name of my employer." But if Sir Allyn found out a way to find out her employer's name on his own, then maybe he could persuade him.

As she looked around the clearing, the amount of magic that drifted around the area was enormous, most of it almost gone, but still sticking around because of the large amount. Some of it was more recent than others. Magical people had been here, and maybe even one she knew... she grinned. It would be nice to see him again.

"What do I make of it?" Learmount walked over to the ash pile. "A hasty cover-up of something big. This place is almost covered in magical energies, but the ashes seem to dictate that something went wrong and the evidence had to be disposed of."

Cu Sidhe trodded around the clearing in a circle, on the search for the trail as the two mortals investigated.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
"Indeed it is," Allyn said, mostly to himself. He started picking through the ashes, searching for any surviving artifacts. He found a number of bones in a pile, blackened from soot.

"Bodies," he said gravely, "This was a pyre. For whom, I wonder?" Allyn's rummaging yielded another prize: a half-melted pendant. Most of the details were destroyed, but it was in the shape of a Celtic knot. At least, that's what it looked like to Allyn.

"Learmount," he said, "Can you tell me anything about this?"

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote        
Learmount took the pendant out of Allyn's hand and looked over it. She had seen a few like it before.

"This is a druidic symbol..." She traced the knotwork with her fingertip as she pondered. She used her sight once again to try and pick up any druid magics, but what she saw was mostly black. "I'm not quite sure why it's here, though. This is not the usual handiwork of green magics." She looked down at the pile of ashen bones. "Green magic is used mostly for life, from my experience. This magic is pretty dark, though."

Cu Sidhe strode over as she was pondering. "It baffles me as well, young Rhymer." he huffed. "When you are ready, I've picked up a little more of the trail. Some magic users and an old acquaintance passed through here. If we find them, they may be able to answer any questions we have."

"Cu Sidhe says that a few of them left, and when you are ready to follow, he is ready to lead."

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
"Druids..." Allyn murmured. He remembered hunting them under Uther. They were magnificent casters, incredibly dangerous in groups or when not taken by surprise. Allyn had plenty of scars from druidic spells. The news that their magic was being turned dark was unsettling. Druidic magic was potent enough without being corrupted.

Allyn's rummaging through the ash and bones revealed nothing else, and he stood up. He spotted the beginning of the trail that Tam, Aldreda, and Puck had followed hours earlier easily

"I believe I'm fully capable of following that trail, even with only one eye," Allyn said, grinning, "A blind man could follow it. Shall we?"