Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
RotRubin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 am Reply with quote        
Oh dear, I'm a bit nervous to start a shop, considering I have no idea what my art is worth! Any who, I do pixel art and traditional art alike. (No digital, sorry! Saving up for a tablet c: ) Some are on lined paper. If I did any commissions, they would not, rest assured.

Any who, here's some of my examples.
Realism
Two male OC's
A female OC
Female OC
Dan Phantom
Character Design Sheet
Rachel

I'll pretty much draw anything. Sorry, I think this is the right place to ask for pricing! If it's not, I'll move my but over :B

Thank you! Bouncy Heart
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote        
Don't worry, you're in the right place to ask for princing. Wink

Midorea's art market can be a bit weird at time, or hard to evaluate, so the best way to price most things is by doing an auction of some sort. Like, make a shop and offer very limited number of well-defined drawing(s) (like, I dunno, 1 semi-realism shoulder-up portrait, or whatever you want, as long as it's clear), and see how people react. Regular prices should be a bit less than the auction price, since the "competition" factor isn't there. Or you can just go with what you feel comfortable and adjust to get enough customers. Wink

Judging from the examples you posted, I'm guessing you could get a couple hundreds of silver for your fullbody work (maybe... 400-500? and more if it's more detailed). It always depends of the market though... Neutral
I don't think we had much pixellers before (or at least not many that had an art shop), so I can't really help with that. I think lexi luthor has a sprite shop, maybe that could give you an indication (then again I don't know what your pixel art looks like, so maybe it won't really help).

RotRubin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:44 am Reply with quote        
Sorry for checking back in so late, hard drive crash!

Any who, thanks a ton for the answer! I'll have to post some pixel art. For now I moved a couple of things here.

This & this are my most recent pixel dolls.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote        
I would say around 700s, 850s for colored. Except for the first one, on the lined paper. I don't think that style would be too popular here. That might get 400s. Your dolls could easily fetch 500s.
The digital headshot of the army guy could fetch the same amount.

RotRubin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote        
I wouldn't draw on lined paper, that was just an example c: I doodled it in class, hoping to CG it, alas I only have a mouse so I said screw it and just sharpied it in.

Thank youuu~<3
neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote        
Okay. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I got threads mixed up.
I have done the same thing. I have a new drawing to scanner, but i'm too lazy to clean the scanner off.

RotRubin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:58 am Reply with quote        
No worries! I forget to check back myself.

Ah, I'm too lazy to clean it off myself. I'm moving my room around and trying to get rid of my old furniture .-.;

Uh I'll just start up a shop soon! Happy
Rhemiyl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote        
I like your style in the second one, and the pixel work is quite nice. That is one totally rad Danny Phantom, I might add. I've never been able to pull him off so well. I'd price your work at about...

300-500 sketch/headshot
400-600 line/B&W
600-800 fullbody/color

Art Shop!Item ShopChat with me!Open for RP!