Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. The Posting War
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote        
Welcome to Midorea’s first posting war! This mini-event is long overdue, if you ask me, so let’s get right to it.

I’m looking to restore the activity of Midorea to what it once was, but I realize that this doesn’t happen overnight. So, for the next month, the forums will be a warzone.

There will be two teams: Team Chu, and Team Cat. Most of you have already been randomly assigned to one of these teams. If you have, then you’ll find your name listed in your team base. (You'll have to check both to see where you are.) If not, don’t worry: just tell us here that you wish to participate in the event, and we’ll place you on a team.

You may join at any time, so don't hesitate to ask.

Chu
Assistant Admin

Details
Your home base is key in this war. Without a base, you cannot win; so protect it at all costs. This is the hub of all of your team's activity, and it is where you'll find updates that you need to know.

Each team has one home base located in this sub-forum. Team Chu’s is here; and Team Cat’s is here. Be sure to check back at your home base from time to time, even if you don't post in it. Throughout the event, your leader may issue an attack or undergo some other tactical maneuver, so you have to pay attention. All updates regarding the team will be in the opening posts of those threads, so don’t worry about them getting lost in chatter.

Keep an eye out for the enemy. Sometimes, the enemy may issue an attack to overtake your base, and if you’re not there to counter it, your team will really take a hit.

If the enemy does succeed in overtaking your base, it will be locked and claimed as the enemy's outpost. Don't let this happen! Your leader will be able to create a new base from there, but a large part of determining which team wins will go into how many outposts they have claimed.

Also be sure to keep an eye on the threads on the rest of the site – you may see a random event; and if you take advantage of it, your team could really pull ahead here. Random events will always be posted by the NPC Alu Amahté Kemnebi, so keep an eye out for his name.

Chu
Assistant Admin

Prizes
Prizes will vary slightly depending on which team your on, but there is a general incentive which we’re all going to be shooting for: recolors.

A recoloring team has been pulled together to bring lots of new content to the site, and if you reach certain posting milestones, you can unlock those items much more quickly. We will be adding eight new colors to each item of each set. Here’s how to earn them:

Currently we are at 423495 posts.
For the Basic Set you must make 2500 new posts.
For the Elegant Set you must make 2500 new posts
For the Punk Set you must make 5000 new posts

Seem impossible? Hardly. We’ve done this before and I know we can do this again. I wouldn’t give you goals that I know you can’t reach.

Just remember that spamming is strictly prohibited. The posts will be deleted, and the user will be punished if they continue their actions - both of which hurt our goal. Just be respectful and have fun.

Also note that we will not withhold these recolors from you if we do not reach our goals. Rather, they will come out later: possibly months from now. Why not go ahead and unlock them now?

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved. You may now post!

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote        
OOH RAH!!!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote        
Showing off the lightning shirt, eh? xP

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
Ohyes. Gotta love this thing.

Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
im with Chu!! <3 sadly i wont be here the whole event, but ill do my best!!

My Wishlist Thread

My Hangout
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quote        
Team Chu has a cat too! ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote        
i have a question. will the posts be counted in total, from both teams? or are the goals for each team on their own? o.O

My Wishlist Thread

My Hangout
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote        
Well, it's item recolors, so I imagine it's from everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote        
I dunno how much I'll be able to contribute to posting itself, but I hope i'm not too late to join in! >w<

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote        
You're fine, Fresh. You landed on Cat's team. :3

We're 660 posts off of our first posting goal: recolors of the Basic Set. Keep posting! Happy

killerkitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote        
Aw, we don't get Freshie. :U You could always become a traitor, Freshie. Happy

Nice to know we're close!

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote        
We made it to the first posting goal! Happy The Basic Set will be recolored and released near the end of the event. Good job, everyone. ^_^

Make another 2500 posts, and we'll release the Elegant Set too!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next