Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote        
So lets talk about true beauty. Yes, maybe some of us will say (including myself), "true beauty comes from the inside". But this is not about what we necessarily get attracted to. Nor is it about "I'D HIT THAT!"-beauty... I am talking about physical, artistic, inspiring beauty. As if in sculptures or paintings, but in the case of this thread: people.

What do you find to be true beauty ON a person? (no superficialness intended, and I hope you get me on this one)

Post images if you have any to visualize your concept of beauty.

How about me? Well, first off... I find Zooey Deschanel to be very, very beautiful! ^_^ I've allways liked ginger hair, freckles and green eyes a lot (none of which Zooey has), but I guess she has an some kind of ultra-combo that makes here, IMHO, amazingly beautiful. She looks so cute, and wise, and funny, and charming... If The Smiths had changed the song This Charming Man to This Charming Woman, it would've been about her, guaranteed! Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:46 am Reply with quote        
Zooey is extremely beautiful. As is Zelda Williams, Robin Williams daughter.
I think I find large noses attractive. I couldn't find the common link between more of the girls I have been attracted to, and I think that's what it might be.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote        
Zooey, Zelda... I had a girl friend and best friend once who reminds me of them both, and who's surname began on Z... She had dark hair, ice blue ice, pale skin, she was short and sat upon the pinnacle of beauty. More over, she had the most charming personality I've ever met, unmatched. Twas many years ago I met her last or even spoke to her, and saddly I wish not to do so again. I'm already in a relationship now, and I do not think I could handle falling inlove with that magical woman a fourth time... would be to much. Guess I'll allway carry a piece of her unforgettable soul in my heart. Wish her all the best in life.

(Would've posted a picture, but it's too emotional for me to do so and dig around my old e-mails to find one.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:42 am Reply with quote        
Hook a brother up?

Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:46 am Reply with quote        
No.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote        
Can't be as quite as cute as her or her(the American one).

Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:47 am Reply with quote        
Beware of women with swords, man. Beware!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:59 am Reply with quote        
None of these women hold a candle to me; I'm the most gorgeous woman ever. Hai

LOL. NOT. Neutral Roll Eyes

Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote        
Post a pic and let the masses decide! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote        
Sly wrote:
None of these women hold a candle to me; I'm the most gorgeous woman ever. Hai

LOL. NOT. Neutral Roll Eyes

I was gonna say the same thing... especially the not part. xD Guh.

I agree, though, that Zooey Deschanel is very beautiful. But honestly, I don't think I could define a certain trait that shows "true beauty" to me. It changes for everyone and how they wear themselves... if that makes sense.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote        
I remember that Sly is a fiiine fox, but I can't remember Ace's pic.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote        
Interesting. I waited to see some of the responses to this thread, and I'm intrigued by what has been written so far, even if my post harshly contrasts it. Still, though, I would like to throw in my two cents. I won't debate or rant beyond this though, no worries. I just want my opinion to be heard.

Honestly, I feel very uncomfortable calling someone beautiful. I feel that the word alone objectifies women. Mind you that it is only socially acceptable to call certain things beautiful: women, music, art, and nature. A man is not beautiful. He is more than that: he is man, after all. He is reliable, resourceful, strong, and so on and so forth.

Now, beauty (in the form of physical attractiveness) is all about symmetry and inoffensiveness. (Inoffensiveness being the key word here.) Things like scars, pimples, moles, blotchy skin, and such are not considered beautiful. Crooked or yellow teeth are not considered beautiful. Other, more major things such as handicaps or speech impediments or social ineptitudes are not considered beautiful. Why? Because these things are offensive. They break from the norm - which is this concept that we've all created of what a woman should look or act like. Anything that doesn't adhere to that standard is considered unattractive or even completely unacceptable.

Now, to me, this just says that the concept of feminine beauty - in its entirety - was made by a patriarchal society which only views women as objects, and not individuals. To continue with such a concept shows that the idea has been pushed so deeply into our unconscious minds that we go along with it as if there is no deeper meaning. It's not to say that complimenting women on their beauty is wrong, nothing of the sort. Just that, well, it is what it is.

That being said, I still do use the word "beautiful" in regards to people, although it is very rarely based on appearance. Whenever someone tells me their story, and it speaks of great tragedy, trauma, emotional pain, endurance, or strength, then I am touched. If the person had to endure these things, and came out to be, well, beautiful, then I am not afraid to say so. I know it goes against the entire concept of this thread, but hey, I really don't use "beautiful" in any other context, and that's the honest truth.

Guess what? It's a miracle: I'm done ranting.

In terms of physical attractiveness, well, that varies from person to person for me. But all in all, I'm not a very physical person. I don't lust after people, much less contemplate what I think makes a person physically attractive. I've always gone after lanky men, myself. Big noses is a recurring thing for me, too. I find bald/balding men attractive, as well as men with glasses. All very strange... Don't really know why.

Women? I can't say I look that much. Dark hair, I guess. Well, no, I've found blondes beautiful. Skinny. Thin lips. A serious-looking face.

Women like Zoeey (or more particularly, the characters I’ve seen her portray) bother me. Won’t go into it.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote        
At least Zooey seems to be a down to earth chick. She plays into the idea of an "innocent" beauty.
Yes, it's true that we often refer to people as beautiful in a merely physical way, however the girls whose pictures are beautiful in more ways than what I have said, as is Koyitar, but she doesn't believe it.
I should eat more fruit in this fruitful season.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
Women like Zoeey (or more particularly, the characters I’ve seen her portray) bother me. Won’t go into it.

I think men can be beautiful... and while it's true that conventional beauty is very much "normal" and inoffensive, that doesn't mean other things can't also be beautiful or make someone beautiful. But like I said, I don't really look at individual features, so that might just be me. I'm also not the most physical person... well, I am, but I physical attractiveness is not as important a trait for me in others as it seems to be for other people I know. True beauty is so much more than that.

Zoeey herself doesn't bother me... but I don't like the kind of character she usually portrays. I don't know her enough as a person to say my opinion of her in anything but the physical.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote        
The concept of "innocent" beauty feeds the fantasy of controlling, corrupting, and/or claiming the innocence of a woman. That, to me, is unhealthy.

I agree, Ace. I just wish that women were less objectified, on the whole.

And same for me. I don't know anything about her as a person, but it is her conscious choice to play characters which just drive me insane. Manic pixie dream girl, anyone?