Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat

Would you participate in the suggested writing competition?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 14 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:05 am Reply with quote        
These are the features of the idea:
- A maximum of 100 words.
- Based on a word or a theme (like "death" or "coming of age").
- A dead-line.
- Voting.

So it's fairly simple. We set a dead-line and the subject/theme of the story and so those who wish to compete post their stories of a maximum 100 words in a "Writing Competition"-thread in The Storybook sub-forum. After the set dead-line, voting begins, and we declare a winner! And if we wish, we might go for a second round, with another theme, and so on...

Does it sound interesting?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote        
It's been a while since we had a writing contest. I certainly like that idea. Dunno if I would enter (I voted "no", but it mostly depends of when this happens and how's my schedule/mood when the contest starts), but yeah, it could be a nice activity. Hai

Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote        
100% NO so far. The future looks gloomy, haha, but thanks for shedding some hope, Maeve. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote        
I think it would be a good way to inspire some writing, even if it is only short. It could lead to more (at least that's what I'd be counting on) and I could use alllll the inspiration I can get!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote        
I think this would be a great idea, as I love to write and I'm sure others do too ^^
Revolushion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote        
I find it very sad that this thread did not seem to go anywhere... :/

I would have loved a writing contest.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I suppose it's something we could still do...I mean, if there were enough interested people. Sweat
Revolushion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote        
True enough. Though there really doesn't seem to be, does there?
Sharm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote        
Maybe if there was a prize of some sort. I'm not interested because I have enough writing projects that I'm in the middle of, I don't need to start a new one.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote        
I've hosted writing contests before, so I'd be willing to host another one. Maybe the winner's work could be featured somewhere. I could ask Cat about prizes too.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote        
This sounds really fun, though I'd say that about nearly any writing contest...But I think it'd be a neat challenge to write a max of 100 words for it. For me, who drones on and on most of the time...That'd be quite an interesting feat! (Seriously, including this statement, I've already bugged you with a whopping 58 words).
Revolushion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote        
Having a prize of some sort sounds like a great idea, it probably would bring in a few more people at least... I'm with Juneberry, I get excited about any type of writing contest, so prizes don't entice me, but it could very easily help out with the number of entrants we get! (I say we as if I'm a part of this. Lolstupidrev)
superbinka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote        
I'd be interested in being a part of this. The word limit worries me but I'm always up for a challenge.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote        
I made a contest when the bacon element became noted and almost no one joined, but I'm keeping the thread up as a monthly theme contest, which is generally like this concept in the end- though the word count limit is a bit higher. I may make it voting based if I ever get people to enter besides the one person that did with the bacon background concept >w<' I still think this general type of thing would be awesome though.