Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Post new topic   Reply to topic What/where are some good tutorials for a tablet?
LuckyKeyblade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote        
Hi there! I just got a Bamboo Tablet and I'm wondering where are some good tutorials for a tablet? :3 Thanks. I really want to improve and I'm not really sure how to use a tablet.
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote        
Uh, that kinda depends of what you want to do/learn about exactly.

Using a tablet is pretty much just like drawing with a real pencil on real paper, so there's not that much to know about it (or, well, not much a tutorial could teach, it's more about practice). The only thing you really need to check before you start using your tablet is that whatever software you are using is recognizing it and that pressure sensibility is enabled, otherwise it will look like if you were drawing with a normal mouse. The exact procedure to get it to work depends of the software you are using. I'm working mostly with SAI, and it usually detects my Bamboo without trouble. Photoshop is a bit trickier from what I remember, but I don't use it much, so that's probably why.

Once that's done, you're ready to draw! After that, it's pretty much just a matter of learning how your software works. The tablet makes things easier when drawing since you don't always have to change the size of your brush (basically, the harder you press it down, the bigger the brush is (some soft also allows changing the color and density and other things)), but by itself it doesn't really change how you draw. It's kinda like... I dunno, changing from drawing with a ballpoint pen to a brush marker. It flows differently but the "how to draw" part stays similar. Or something.

I kinda like this tutorial, and it's a good overview of, well, pretty much everything concerning tablets. I can look around and try to find you some more tutorials and stuff, but knowing what software(s) you are working with/planning to work with would help. Wink