Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote        
I tried playing Origins a few months back, but Mass Effect pulled me away, hehe. Now, I'm watching a Let's Play of it, and the LPer is voicing what I figured was just my whimpiness: it requires a lot more strategy and character-switching than most games. Even on Normal, it can be quite a challenge.

I mean, yeah, it's annoying, but I think it's giving games a level of difficulty that we've been missing for quite a while. Rather than running and gunning you really have to think your fights through and make use of your character's strengths.

Honestly I didn't give romance much attention when I first started playing through it. I'm intrigued by it, I guess, but honestly I don't have high expectations. It doesn't seem to give characters the depth that romance in Mass Effect does - which is the only reason I think that romance should be included in games at all.

Any thoughts? On the game on the whole, of course. You don't need to stick to these two things.