Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 am Reply with quote        
Brother Andrew sighed. He should've done what all the other monks decided to do for their time out of the monastery and stayed on the surface. Now he's been dragged into some sort of... drow plot that he really had no business being a part of, and as far as he knew, there wasn't an obvious way out of it. Just having the company he did condemned him.

As the battle broke out in front of him, he jumped out of the way and said a quick blessing over his hunting knife and put himself in a defensive stance.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote        
((Sampson 20, Vicaun 35, Arthur 46, Kaden 22, Kira 96, Julia 32))

Vicaun's shove pushes Kaden out of the way of Sampson's club, but Vicaun doesn't quite manage to dodge out of the way. The swing clips him, doing no real damage but sending him crashing to the floor. Kaden's charge hits Sampson right in the solar plexus, knocking the grimlock back a step. The step backwards throws Arthur's aim off, so instead of burying his two katars into Sampson's back, only one sticks into the meat of Sampson's shoulder. It kinda tickles.

Andrew stands to the side as Kira charges with her spear. Julia smoothly withdraws her sword from the ground, ducks around the spearhead, and feints with her blade at Kira's head. Kira ducks quickly, and rather ungracefully, losing control of her spear, and the spearhead dips and sticks into the ground. The full weight of Kira's charge lands on the spear haft, snapping it in half. Kira, having basically thrown all of her weight on the spear, is nicely winded, on the ground, with a decent bruise forming on her torso. Julia's lunge and following steps place her halfway in between Kira and Andrew.

Sampson, rather annoyed at the fly on his back, and the thing right on front of him, sweeps his arms to grab the dead one, then falls backwards to crush the daemon.

Vicaun, who had crashed rather painfully into the tile roof, glanced back to see the predicament his friends were in. For a moment, his conscience warred with his self-preservation instinct, but the battle was very short. Vicaun started scrabbling away, but a dark arm grabbed him by the arm just as he reached the roof. Nuaciv, seeing Vicaun's problem, leapt at the mystery arm to suck all the strength from it.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote        
KIra cursed at her foolish move and luck. She tossed the now useless spear aside and unsheathed her swords and turned to face Julia. She decided to wait and see what her or Andrews move would be first before leaping at the girl with the extremely long sword again.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote        
Julia's mouth twitched into a smirk at the curses Kira dropped.

"I certainly hope you know how to use those better than that stick," Julia said to the other drow woman, referring to the two swords, "because otherwise this will be a very short battle." Julia darted forward, her sword swinging low, using her greater reach to chop at Kira's ankles.

((Kira 42, Julia 13))

Kira manages to jump over the low swing before her feet are shorn off, but Julia bounds away before Kira can strike back.

Julia hopped away from Kira, then turned her attention to the monk. 'Shall we get you in on this game?' she thought, then leapt over his head, jabbing downward with her sword.

Kinslayer6788

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote        
Arthur hated losing his katars. Arthur braced himself and waiting from the pain, he held on to the falling grimlock, pulling out the katar stuck in the mail and using the force of the fall to drive it into the grimlocks back again.
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:34 am Reply with quote        
Andrew looked over at the drow woman whose attention was now drawn to him. "My fight is not with you, Lady." He responded. "Unless, of course, you are Tainted. Then my fight is entirely with you."

He lifted his hunting knife up to block the blade coming at him.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote        
Kira watched as the girl turned her back on her and ran jumping at Andrew. Kora would have went after her if she wasn't afraid of missing entirely and landing on Andrew so she pulled out her crossbow and loosed a non exploding bolt at the girls back while she was in the air instead.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote        
((Julia 61, Andrew 4, Kira 44))

Julia's stabs miss Andrew completely as she overtwisted while in midair. Kira's bolt flies true, and appears to strike Julia in the back, but sails through, as if it only hit her whirling trenchcoat. Julia lands behind Andrew, slightly off-balance.

"Ah yes, you don't like the Tainted," Julia said quietly, "I forgot...momentarily. This should be fun then." The air around Julia's eyes shimmered for a moment, then the violet in her irises faded away, replaced by a vibrant red.

"Does this get you more invested?" Julia asked as she settled into a stance, pointing her sword at the monk's face.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote        
At one glance at the drow-woman's sudden red eyes, he frowned and brought his blessed knife up. "Yes, I think you have my attention now." He said another quick blessing upon himself and took a combat stance.

Brother Andrew took his knife and sliced at the now-revealed demon's side.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote        
Kira grabbed her swords from out of the dirt where she had put them when she fired the bolt at Julia's back. She rushed forward swiping towards Julia's other side.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote        
Julia waited until the strikes were falling, then wove out of the way, dancing backwards.

((Andrew 46, Kira 27, Julia 23, Sampson 22, Nuaciv 59, Arthur 56, Kaden 77: I'm assuming Kaden's just trying to dodge, due to lack of any other posts))

Julia spins away from the blades coming at her sides, her own sword flashing dangerously close to Andrew's face, but doing no damage. Kira's swords come close to Julia's armor, almost touching, but again, doesn't make contact.

Up on the roof above, Sampson pins Kaden to his chest and falls backwards, crushing Arthur beneath him. The fall drives the blessed dagger further into Sampson's shoulder, although the other one is pinned flat underneath the grimlock, much like Arthur.

Nuaciv wraps his arms around the limb grabbing Vic, and slows it, but Vic is still being dragged downward toward the edge of the roof.

"Uh, guys, little help here!" Vicaun yelled as the arm dragged him further. He drew out one of his shortswords and hacked at the hand holding him down.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote        
Kaden glanced over at Vic and noticed he was being pulled backwards. He smashed the back of his head into the grimlock's nose and attempted to free himself so he could help Vicaun.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote        
Kira smiled a bit as the girl managed to get away. It meant she was actually a challenge and Kira loved a good challenge when it was dealt to her. However she would again wait to see what her opponent would do first before acting.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote        
Brother Andrew nodded, his face still serious as he glared at Julia. He muttered another prayer over himself, surrounding himself in a holy aura. Now if she tried to strike him, it would burn a bit. He then looked his opponent over. She was armored, so his knife wouldn't do too much. So then he went for something else and balled his fist up to punch her in the face.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote        
Julia, pleased that the monk was finally invested, decided to mess with the pair's dynamic. What little there was of one, at least. She maneuvered around Andrew, directing the punch exactly where she wanted it.

((Vic 38, Kaden 26, Arthur 14, Andrew 79, Kira 82, Julia (I swear I am not fudging these) 1, Sampson 100))

Kaden smashes his forehead into Sampson's nose at the same time Arthur twists the blade in Sampson's shoulder. The nosebleed takes away his sense of smell, and the pain in his shoulder drives him into raw instinct mode. Sampson lets go of Kaden, and rolls off Arthur. Unfortunately for him, though, Sampson rolls straight off the roof, and hits the ground with an almighty crash.

Kaden runs over and yanks Vic out of the arm, which had been loosened by his swipes with the shortsword.

Julia shows masterful footwork, twisting around Andrew so that his punch, well thrown, is thrown in exactly the direction she wanted. Andrew's step lands straight in a pothole, sending him falling forward. Julia leaps over the flailing monk, and lets Andrew go flying into Kira.

"Get the hell off!" Vic yelled as he scrambled back, almost knocking Kaden over. He stood, seeing the last glimpse of Sampson as the grimlock fell over the edge of the roof.

"All riiiight," Vic said as he turned his attention back to the roof he'd almost been pulled over, drawing his sword, "One down, one to...oh come on!"

A second Julia climbed up onto the roof and drew her longsword, the steel scraping ominously. Down below, the first Julia was laughing at her two opponents.

"Wow," she said, "I love fighting new partners. The way you guys don't know how to work together. It's really just...adorable."

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next