Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:20 am Reply with quote        
I want to eat more vegetarian food but find it hard to make it exciting. Do you have any recommendations on tasty vegetarian dishes?

I love falafel. Smile
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote        
Oh jeez. My dog just farted and it's killing me.
This is a good reference.
I own that guild. Cool

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:20 am Reply with quote        
Awesome! Happy

Great ideas, and I'll definitely try fried rice! I love mudkipz, I mean, rice! Happy

I think it's much better to ask people about recepies than to go looking in books. There's nothing like a personal recommendation. Smile
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote        
When I eat vegetarian foods I generally get items from Morning Star. They have these meat like crumbles that are really good for making beef like burritos that have a more beany taste. So those are always yummy....to me at least.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 am Reply with quote        
Do you mean quorn? That's what they call it here. It comes in many different shapes, both like minced and in nuggets or what ever. Yeah, they are quite tasty, but expensive though. I'm focused on doing veggie food without that stuff. I don't like the "looks like meat but ain't"-idea. You know, like soy-sausages or sesam-nuggets. Still! They are tasty! Smile

By the way, have you ever investigated how that quorn stuff is made?
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote        
I have no idea what you're talking about. I've always wanted to try out a meat-free lifestyle for a month or so, but my mom makes dinner and I don't want to refuse her food.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:34 am Reply with quote        
I was a vegetarian, once upon a time. Obviously I'm not any more, but I prefer eating fish. Not for the sake of vegetarianism, but because I like the flavour and omega 3's! Smile I've also heard that fish-eating vegetarians are those who live the longest. I really don't follow that... sometimes I eat a hotdog or some chicken, but I try to stick to sea-food.
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:33 am Reply with quote        
I'm not sure if we are referring to the same thing or not. =/ Really, I don't eat it often myself but once in a while we have our tacos like that. I haven't checked on how it's made, but I'm sure it's horrible. It usually is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote        
Soylent Green, all the way. Makes you want to abandon civilization and hit the wilderness, right?

Fried plantains, that's a good veggie dish, or at least snack! Anyone tried those? Yummy!
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote        
Elrakis wrote:
Soylent Green, all the way. Makes you want to abandon civilization and hit the wilderness, right?

Fried plantains, that's a good veggie dish, or at least snack! Anyone tried those? Yummy!

You're saying it's people?! -freaks out- Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote        
I love fried plantains.
I always wanted to try human flesh, because I'm a true chef and embrace all ingredients.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote        
Neo, then you should try the Soylent Corp.'s latest product: Soylent Green! Smile

Once, on a festival, I ended up in a camp with people I did not know. I joined them just during the topic: "Which part of a human is the tastiest?" Very interesting.

Also, as true chef, Neo: which is your favourite veggie? I'd say tomatoes.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote        
Potatoes. XD Are onions vegetables? Sweet corn is one of my favorite vegetables of the season.
And tomatoes are fruits. I like fruit.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote        
What exactly makes a tomato a fruit?
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote        
"Botanically, a tomato is a fruit: the ovary, together with its seeds, of a flowering plant."
That answers that. Some also suggest that it's because a ripe tomato is sweet.