Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Milotic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote        
I swear one of my neighbors has it out for me..
My oldest dog stays outside on a lead tied up 24/7 cause animal control said we have to keep her tied up.
Well every time she slips off the same woman calls animal control on us.
Why can't this woman mind her own business...Or at least be fair and call on every dog that roams the neighborhood.
There are at least 1O other dogs that wonder around the neighborhood, one even came in our yard and attacked my tied up dog.
What is this woman's problem?

Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote        
I am concerned about any dogs that roam our neighborhood. Of course we've had more then one try to attack us, once it was a group of three dogs that clearly wanted to get at my son. He was only about 1 at the time. That was a scary experience.

Have you tried to talk to her to find out what it is that makes her call animal control on your dog? It may be the type of dog you have. Perhaps she's had a bad experience with that breed and now they all have a bad name in her eyes. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. What I would suggest is trying to confront her in a non-threatening manner to figure out what you can do to keep it from happening in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
They will never tell me who it is. I have a clue who it is, but they wont come out and say it, I'd feel stupid confronting the wrong woman.
I have a weenie dog/lab mix.
She looks like a pit because the lab makes her muscular, but the weenie makes her short.
My father in law told me to just kill the dog or get rid of her cause she keeps breaking the chain.
If we give her over, they'll kill her anyway.. v .v
I just couldn't bare to have her killed.

Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote        
No offence, but your fathers attitude disturbs me. Poor dog doesn't deserve to die just because he's breaking a chain. Dogs aren't meant to be chained, they are meant to be able to run and play without something heavy holding them back.

It's probably the fact that he looks like a pit. Pit Bulls have a bad rep and therefore anything that looks like a pit gets the same rep. =(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
I know that feeling...I used to have two Bouviers, and if you don't know what they look like, here's an example. We would get calls from our neighbors telling us that there were bears in our yard, and the 'bears' were our dogs.

Anyway, we had an underground fence, and people didn't know it was there, and our dogs would run toward people walking by, and terrify them, because there wasn't anything physical to stop these bears. We eventually had to get rid of one of them because we were scared he was gonna attack a biker. He didn't know his size.

Also, my neighbors have threatened to kill my cats because they're pooping in their garden. They're outdoor cats...I have no control over where they take a dump.

People can be silly.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote        
Maybe there's nothing to do... I will tell you my story.

My lady and I moved in to our apartment almost two years ago. The first neighbour we met was this woman at the age of 38 that lives straight above us. Let's call her "PF" (those are her initials). At first, she was all nice, but then hell broke loose... One night at about 11 PM, there's an aggressive ringing on our door bell, someone runs in the stairs, and a letter has been dropped through our door. We open it and it's basically a hate-letter from an unknown person. Twas written on one of those "young girly papers" with a horse motif, placed in an extra long envelope. The letter stated that the author was tired of our "damn noise", our "constant flushing" and that nobody was interested of our bad music. Damn, I listen to Morrissey! That's mellow dude! Anyway, the letter ended with the words "after 10 PM there must be PEACE UPON THIS HOUSE!", and that gave her away. At that time I had a sign on the door written in arabic. PF asked me that first day what the sign said, and I explained to her: "It's a quote from the Bible, written in arabic. It says: peace be upon this house." So I knew that she was the author.

After that she began to make noises, as if to execute some kind of revenge. One sunday afternoon, about 4 PM, I was listening to music at a LOW volume. You could actually over-talk to music easily. Anyway, this afternoon a security guard knocks the door. "Been listening to loud music?" he says. When he rang, I had actually turned off the music ten minutes earlier. The weeks before that our neighbour had rang our door and complained, she said the first time: "Can you lower the volume, it's F*CKING annoying!", and the second time: "Can you please lower the volume?" and with a gaze that told you much more. Well, that sunday was the third time through the landlord's security service.

After that she spent her nights stampeeding in her apartment, making loud noises, just trying to annoy us. One day she suddenly stopped... that was the day I took down my arabic sign from the door. Very very strange, and she was "nice" for months.

Suddenly she began again, complaining about our doors, that they made this loud shrieking noise. Then she claimed that my lady was walking with shoes in-doors. Then there was this and that and what ever.

Finally, I talked to the landlord because I was scared of getting evicted because of her false accusations. She even verbally assaulted my lady in the laundry room one day, saying that "I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET EVICTED! AND IF YOU DON'T, THEN I'LL ANNOY YOU UNTILL YOU MOVE!" At another moment PF told her that "I will ring your door bell 4 AM every morning!". Anyway, I talked to the landlord, they asked me the name of the neighbour, and I said it was PF. They said: "Oh... well, don't worry about her." That gave me a clue.

On other moments, when speaking to my other neighbours, which are about 70 years of age, one of them said: "What do you think about that window in the stair case being open during winter? I hate it! It's that mad woman PF, she allways have a lot of crazy stuff going on."

To make this long story shorter, I've come to the conclusion that our neighbour has psychopathic tendencies, for there is no way you can reason with her. She just gets aggressive or just tried to avoid you. If I knock on her door to talk to her, she doesn't open, even if I know for sure that she's home. Also because she has some serious mood swings and is overly anti-social and strange.

So this is what I do: I DO NOT GIVE A F*** ABOUT HER! I just ignore her and carry on my normal life, and if she gets angry, I just ignore her.

But this won't help you though, because your mad neighbour will probably just keep calling animal control untill your dog is gone. She probably won't give up. My point is, if she is as mad as my neighbour, then there isn't much to do. :/
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:29 am Reply with quote        
I have, for the most part, had no problem with the neighbors.
Once, though, when I was in Florida, I live in an apartment complex and this guy would come into the parking lot, anywhere from 1am - 4am, with his bass music playing very loudly. You couldn't even hear the music, just the bass. Luckily, I wasn't the only one who didn't like it, and they had the cops called on them a few times.