Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quote        
I hate breakfast. Sure, they say that it's the most important meal of the day, but I just don't have an apetite in the morning. The only thing I could eat at the early hours is a piece of cake, or candy, or ice cream, or something similar. Thank God that I've got a good metabolism! So I usually wait 'til brunch or lunch before I eat something.

Does anybody here share my "problem"? If so, what do you do about it? And what do you usually eat for breakfast?

I normally have some yoghurt and a piece of bread with ham n' cheese. I also use to have some sea buckthorn berries or aronia berries if I have any, for the vitamins C and the antioxidants, and I also use to take a dose of omega-3. Drink? Tea, coffe or juice. Sometimes milk with grenadine if I want to throw a morning party. And if I want to get royal, I have an english breakfast, with eggs, bacon and beans. How about you?
-YuuCute

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:44 am Reply with quote        

I hate breakfast aswell! Every time i have breakfast, i'm nauseous all day. > < But if i don't eat breakfast, i feel a little dizzy, so i found the solution.

I usually make myself a smoothie, wich contains 2 oranges, one apple, half a banana and a handfull strawberries. I drink it when it's ice cold. I don't feel nauseous after drinking that. ;3

Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote        
That's a great idea, Cute! Too bad my blender AND mixer broke last year. I'm seriously thinking of buying a new one, either blender or mixer. I like making milk-shakes, you know. But a smoothie sure sounds like a tasty and healthy breakfast. I'm glad you told me! Smile
-YuuCute

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:52 am Reply with quote        

No problem at all! Sweat
    And if you can't make 'em yourself, i'm sure you can find pre-made ones in a local supermarket. ;3 Atleast here you can find some in a supermarket. ;3

Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 am Reply with quote        
They can be baught here as well, but I'm a big fan of DIY, and also I see many advantages in doing stuff myself. Price, flavour, amount... I control it. I live on a fairly tight budget, you know. Guess I'll be out all summer collecting fruits for future smoothies, hehe! I can even throw in a couple of aronias and buckthorn berries in there, all-in-one! Happy

Have you seen that movie with Schwarzenegger, "End of Days" I think it's called? In the beginning of the movie Arnold wakes up in his apartment and gathers a bunch of left overs: half a sandwich, a piece of pizza, cold coffee, a cigar bud, and so on. He then blends them into a smoothie, and before he drinks it down he says: "Well... breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" And drinks it with nausea, haha. I tried something similar when I was younger... not tasty, trust me. Wouldn't enhance your breakfast in any way.
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 am Reply with quote        
I eat breakfast every morning. Sometimes I have an issue of not having an appetite, but it's far more rare then it used to be. I exercise every day so I'm sure that helps a bit. I used to just wait until lunch before I would eat anything, but those days are long gone.

Generally my breakfast just consists of some variant of Kashi Go Lean cereal and half a cup of milk. If I cook then that depends on what we have in the house. There usually isn't time enough for me to cook breakfast though, so that's a rare treat, generally saved for the weekends.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote        
I'm glad you've got a proper breakfast habit, wish I had that. I will tell you though that I do not like cereals! Yuck! There are many reasons to that, though.

Here is that smoothie-scene from the movie "End of Days". I recalled it slightly inaccurately, but then again, it was a long time ago that I saw it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQHJTNOQd1k
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote        
For me it depends on the cereal. Kashi is all natural. Not a single box I've bought has had any sort of chemical labeled, nor does it have the 'natural flavors' tag. So I'm pretty happy with it. That being said, they could be lying to us....I really hope they aren't. I would hate to have to stop eating it just like I had to stop drinking orange juice that I don't make.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote        
"They could be lying to us" you said...

Have you seen the movie Soylent Green? You made me think of it.

Then again, I'm not very picky when it comes to what stuff's made of. I usually buy cheap food, and that's what use to be of poorer quality. The "good" food, which is ecological and all that is expensive. So I'm always in a nasty dilemma when buying my groceries. :/
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote        
XD that's funny. I thought of that movie earlier while debating with someone that was basically telling me that I had no right to demand what was in food because it would increase prices. >< Which is not true. I didn't say they had to change it, simply that they have to tell us. I wanted to tell her it could be soylet green so long as they tell us it's people and how it's made.

I know the dilemma you mean. I've been there before. I have a 3 year old, though, so I'll give up some things before I have to resort to buying things that I know aren't good for him. Hopefully we never have to do that, but survival is what's important when times are rough. I hope things get better for you, so that you can buy organic foods though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote        
Oh, so you being I mother, I understand why you would be more careful about the food you buy, sure thing. And who really knows how all this soylent green we eat affects us?

By the way, wish they made a new version of that movie, would've been awesome! Happy

So I realize that you have a husband. What does he eat for breakfast?
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote        
XD Actually, the real effect of eating people are known...and they are horrible. -shrudders- Anyway, I am not going to talk about that because it's depressing and bugs me.

My husband eats the same thing I do. He doesn't want to set a bad example for our son any more then I do. Heck, he's kinda been leading the charge on some things. When I cook we have egg whites, wheat toast, and maybe turkey sausage or bacon. Other then that it's cereal cereal, and more cereal. Luckily there are a lot of flavors so we don't get bored.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote        
Too bad that the only thing about cereals that I like are the most poisonous ones, haha, like Lucky Charms. Good thing they aren't sold in Sweden, though. Smile
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote        
I like breakfast, but I can't have my typical cereal anymore. However, I can use Soy Milk, but we go through it really really fast. I have yet to figure out how.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:49 am Reply with quote        
I heard on the TV this morning the following good news:

"Well, breakfast is important because it fills you up and keep you hungerless for a good part of the day. Eat a sturdy breakfast, so that you eat less later on, this will reduce the chance of gaining weight. If you have a hard time eating breakfast, then eat something that stuffs you up. A bar of chocolate for breakfast is better than nothing at all!"

My prayers have been answered! I shall eat chocolate for breakfast from now on! Happy