Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
Positive: I do enjoy compliments ;D

Negative: I went on a complete rant by accident. Not saying others can't rant, but I wouldn't say I meant to set a standard. Sweat

Thanks nonetheless. Smile

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote        
MaxR wrote:

Negative: Making the minority more powerful is so destructive. Then it becomes a smaller portion representing the larger, or the parts representing each other. Making it so that difference that matter don't is not always the best. There is a reason more people think murder is wrong while cannables are in the minority. Not harming the minority is the goal, but to go beyond that and to empower them to a degree then can fight the majority and overrule common sense and morality is not a good thing is counterproductive.

I am hoping that I misunderstood what you said here. Unfortunately, the way some of the sentences are composed makes it difficult to know if what I'm reading is what you mean. Here is what I've gathered from this post: It's good to help minorities, but it's wrong to completely abolish the differences between people so that they no longer cause problems. It's wrong to empower minorities because then they can fight the majority, and in doing so over rule common sense and whatever your standard of morality is.

Is this correct, or did I completely misread the intended message behind your post?

Edit:

Positive: Working out to become healthy.

Negative: Hurting your shoulder in such a way that you can't work out. =(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote        
Sort of, basically giving the minority more power than the majority. I feel it is on par with dictator ships (one person) or oligarchies and such. (small groups)

I am sort of a Utilitarian, and try to do the best for the many. So in doing the best for a small amount, I feel that it's negative effects on the many throw off the balance. If this makes sense, if not, just default to my first statement above.

Positive: Thinking things through

Negative: Overthinking yourself into perpetual indecisiveness.

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote        
Positive: Not placing negative judgements on people based on their race.
Negative: Not taking in account of the differences between people, particularly their heritage and past experiences.

Lost_Ninja9213

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote        
positive: helping my family move into a bigger house on a mountain

negative: the SPIDERS. and possibility of bears, coyotes, rattlesnakes, endless worry for my siblings once i go home....

My Wishlist Thread

My Hangout
Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 am Reply with quote        
Smile Today, this morning, by some reason, I'm glad I have a job. I look around myself and see lots of people in my age whom struggle to find a job and get depressed and so on, and so forth. Usually I'm agiteted by the fact that I have to work, and that I work with people (which I'd prefer not to), but today I'm happy about it. I find myself a lucky sport. Smile

Sad Bad music. People ask me now and then what kind of music I like. It's hard for me to say just "rock" or "60's" or something like that, as if my flavour belong to a certain folder in a file cabinet. Sure, I can name drop the bands and artists that I like... Hakwind, The Smiths, Black Sabbath, Supertramp, etc., but I like saying that I just like "good" music. I'm generally more into specific songs than groups or genres. With that said, I hate bad music, and there's lots of it. At the same time, makes it easier to feel good about saying: "I like good music."
neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 am Reply with quote        
Good: Free music
Bad: It's illegal. XP

Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:32 am Reply with quote        
Can't be illegal if it's free!

Smile Share-ware!

Sad Smart-phones.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote        
Good: I have a birthday party next weekend, and this girl I like will be coming.
Bad: I'm too shy to ask her out. She might be bringing some booze, so I might go that route, despite never going that route before.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote        
Smile I'm happy for you and all that, Neo. Hope it all goes well for you. Smile

Sad Birthday next week... means that you're a cancer... (haven't we spoken about such matters before?) Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote        
My b-day is actually July 16. July 3rd is my friend's b-day(she's Rei_Ann on here), and July 5th is my brother's anniversary(7 years now). July 16 also happens to be my twin brother's bday(XD) and another friend's bday.
Good: Pie
Bad: Cow pie

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote        
Are you homozygotic twins?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote        
Nope, identical.
Good: Always having a friend
Bad: Always having someone to argue with

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote        
Smile Just logged into my Tibia account this morning. I had forgotten how fun that "simple" game is. I'm ready for adventure!

Sad The PvP in Tibia sucks. You really don't want to die, so getting killed by some nerdy brazilian or polack player is NOT fun!

Smile Good thing I'm on an optional PvP world in Tibia Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote        
Argh! I forgot, it's called MONOzygotic, right? Right. Smile