Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:17 am Reply with quote        
The idea here is to get to know each other a bit better and maybe to get a discussion going about a posted opinion, it's basically up to us. So this is what to do:

- Share something you like/love/think is good/find positive.
- Also say something you dislike/hate/think is bad/find negative.

Post both opinions at the same time, as some kind of ying-yang, so that a neutral balance is kept (entropy will do the rest Wink

Or:

- Comment someone's +/- opinion.

Y'all get it. Wink

Here's mine:

Positive: I love the fact that summer is here. I've allways had a hard time figuring out what season I like the best, but this year I think I've decided. Summer! The flowers and the trees and the fruits and berries! Nature is calling on you to help your self! Happy

Negative: There's allways a flip-side of the coin. What I hate about summer are the bugs. Hornets, wasps, mosquitoes, tics, ants that get in everywhere, fruit flies... disgusting things. Not that I'm afraid of them, but they just bother me! Bees are forgiven, though. They make honey and life on this planet would vanish without them! They work hard and earn respect. The other bugs though...
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote        
I like summer too, but I hate the bugs....some of them. Butterflies and what have you are always welcome though. The downside to the summer around here is just how hot it gets. Unfortunately it is predicted to be a particularly hot and wet summer, so that just means more bugs and more mugginess that makes it almost impossible to breath. At least that's how it feels to me.

Positive: I love art, I love to draw, read, write, play video games and the like. It's a nice diversion of time and you don't have to late it take you life over.

Negative: My husband also likes to do this, so I get very little time. It kinda sucks, but it's kinda awesome at the same time.

Those are really opinions I guess, but it's something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote        
I forgot about the butterflies, they are nice. Guess I was too much in a bug-rage there, haha.

This is very unlike me, but I guess that the tables turn once in a while (normally I prefer british comedy over american):

+ The Office (US version)

- The Office (UK version)
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote        
Heh, we all over look things sometimes. No biggie.

You know, I've never seen either of those.

Hrm, I think I would have to do this for a comedy route:

+Jeff Dunham
-Dane Cook

I love Jeff Dunham he constantly funny and a great ventriloquist. We need more of them. Dane Cook, on the other hand, is funny sometimes, but he doesn't manage to get me to laugh most of the time. So he's the inferior comic to me. I want to name a couple others that I think are great, but I don't know their names. =(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote        
I'm too european to have heard about either Jeff or Dane, sorry. :/

Following the comedy flow, here's another opinion of mine on memes.

Awesome! Dolan comics. Sure, they can be a bit too naughty for my taste sometimes, but they sure give me teh funneh! So silly, stupid and surreal!

Awful... Political memes. Usually they're all about american politics and politicians about, that is to say, stuff that I don't care about. And when it's getting close to an election the whole genre gets really hyped, and I hate it! Smile
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote        
Ugh political comics. There are a very few that manage to be funny, but since I'm American it hits a bit closer to home.

Positive - The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Both of these shows are awesome and hilarious. They touch on a lot of current and key issues in a satirical way. The Colbert Report Clip and The Daily Show

Negative - Fox News. I may get a lot of crap for this one, but they blatantly lie to people. They actually sued for the right to lie to the public, and won! So you can't trust anything that most of the media says any longer because of this. I'm sure they aren't the only ones that lie now.
Links as proof:

This, this, this. I'm sure there are more examples, but I figured 3 from different sources would be enough. If you want more then do a search for 'Fox Sues to Lie' and you'll find loads of stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote        
Wow! That's some serious stuff! The right to lie, haha. Guess I'll stick to CNN (the only english TV news I've got on my tele).

Being inspired from the breakfast-thread, I contribute with the following:

Nice! Lucky Charms! The only cereal I like. Smile

Not so nice... They're not sold where I live. :/
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:43 am Reply with quote        
Positive: New AA batteries.
Negative: Having an entire drawer filled with dead batteries of all sorts.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote        
You inspire me.

Good: Cheap batteries! They're cheap!

Bad: Cheap batteries... they don't last long, and also fill my drawer...
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:32 am Reply with quote        
I hate cheap batteries.
Positive: Eating when you're hungry.
Negative: Being hungry at night and knowing you shouldn't eat at night, or, rather, morning.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote        
Do you hate them because of the reason I hate them?

Plus! Cats.

Minus! Dogs.
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:36 am Reply with quote        
Plus: Playing table top Wargames with friends.

Negative: Having a company with some fun games that increases their prices so that it's simply outrageously expensive. This comes about because Games Workshop recently sent my husband an e-mail about their new edition. They want 75 usd for the core rule book. I'm sure your thinking that this has to be collectors edition or something. No, it's not. It's just the plain old core rule book. No special bells or whistles or anything.

I shudder to see how much the collectors edition will cost.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote        
It will cost him a kidney. You must stop him!

M'kay: The card game Bang!. I was first introduced to it by some icelandic friends, and when I went to Iceland we played it like crazy there! So much fun, how I love it! It's a spaghetti-western game, kind of like the common game "mafia", which I guess some of you have played. (A friend of mine likes to say "I'm a bona-fide Oklahoma farmer!" in english when he's asked if he's with the mob, haha.)

No es bueno! I can't find Bang! in my country! Why didn't I buy a set while I was on Iceland? Sad
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote        
Oh no, my husband thinks it's ridiculous. He's just on the mailing list, so when there are new items like this, he gets e-mails. He's as annoyed with it as I am.

Positive: The X-Files...enough said.

Negative: The show ended. -pouts-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote        
Positive: They sell BANG! in the USA.
Negative: It's about $30, at least.