Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Elrakis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote        
So this is a thread for all you oneironauts out there. I guess it's kind of similar to the "Dreams" thread at The University, but what I've understood it's basically about nightmares. So I'm making this thread a bit more "open". The idea is to post your dreams. Odd dreams, cool dreams, funny dreams... you name it! If you got a dream to share, then share it! Let's make a collection, for dreams are easily forgotten. I'll go first. Smile

Dream: "Last night I dreamt, that somebody loved me...", just kiddin'! Honestly, I had this dream last night, that I was selected as astronaut pilot for the first manned mission to Mars! I had two other people with me in the crew: a scientist astronaut from Iceland and an engineer astronaut from Israel (I've visited both those countries in the real past). So there was lots of training which was shown in a kind of montage, and then we set of on our voyage to Mars. It took quite some time to get there, and my two colleagues and I really got to know each other on the way to the red planet. And at last, we landed, and got out of the space ship. I can recall that it was a really nice weather on Mars during our whole mission, we were there for about a week, and we landed on the Boreal Wastelands of Mars (I've been studying martian topography lately). Twas epic. A funny detail was that we found sea buckthorn bushes (a bush which is common where I live and whose berries contain lots of vitamin C). I remember the scientists reaction, he said: "Very strange... life on Mars, and of all things, buckthorn in a desert. These only grow by coastlines." So we made tests on the soil in which they grew, and found that it was very rich on liquid water. So we plucked berries for our voyage home, then we left.
Now the whole dream goes bananas on the way home. My two colleagues go insane because of the long isolation in space. The israeli egineer begins with self-mutilation and the icelander just goes nuts. I try to help them and take care of them, but they die before we reach Earth. With sorrow and great pride I'm greeted by my fellow Eathlings, but I condemn the mission to Mars, saying that it was more of a loss than a gain.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote        
I have some crazy dreams.
One concept that appears a lot is being able to defy gravity by focusing, however, most of the time, I can't levitate very high.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:04 am Reply with quote        
I concept which occurs often is me trying to hit someone with my bare fists, and how ever hard I try to smack the sh*t of my victim, it never gets more brutal than a friendly pet on the face, as if I'm super-weak. It's very very frustrating. I try and I try, I hit over and over again, but it's never more aggressive than a sloppy fling with the arm. Sad
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote        
That's sad. I often daydream about being stronger than I am.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 am Reply with quote        
It's true what they say, that if you don't immediately write down your dream after you wake up, you'll forget most of it exponentially. In any case, here's a dream I want to share which I had like a year ago:

Dream: I was working as a DJ on a radio station and with that came many privileges. I went to concerts to make reviews, broadcast live, I got records for free, I met and interviewed bands, I even got to jam with some of them (I play bass, guitar and drums in real life).
Some of the bands that occured in the dream where real life bands, like Hawkwind and Black Sabbath, but most of them were made up, or at least bands I've never heard of before...
The last thing I remember in my dream was that I was at work, sitting at the radio station, deejaying and broadcasting awesome music from the toplist of the week. I remember how I read the charts thuroughly and played each song from tenth to first place. All the songs I played were awesome and songs I've never heard before in real life. I especially remember a band in the dream by the name Mayflower, becaused as I listened to them in the dream, I woke up...

Awake, the first thing I did was to turn on the computer and log on to Spotify. I typed in the only fictional name I could remember from the dream: Mayflower. What I found? An awesome rockband very similar in sound to the one I had in the dream, yet a bang I've never heard of before in real life. Happy
nc_serran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote        
Dream: Last night I had a dream where there were these two Pokemon arguing with each other. They spoke in English, but whatever they said was understandable or I just forgot really bad. Then something gruesome happened.. And for some reason I couldn't consume food properly. I couldn't even drink my saliva and I frothed in the mouth..

Awake: I woke up with a pool of saliva in my mouth. Still disoriented, I spat the stuff on my pillow.. Then realized how stupid that was.

Lucky you, Elrakis, you get to use Spotify! ;m; I can't. Spotify doesn't like Asia.
Elrakis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, Spotify is nifty. Have you ever tried Groove Shark?

Dream: I went to the centrum of my hometown to rob the bank. As I entered the bank, alone, with NO GUN, I noticed quickly how the police were close by, aware of my attempted robbery. So I left the bank and ran away and hid for several days. The police never caught me then, but suddenly a guy from the Albanian Mafia knocks on my door and asks for me (my wife opens, she lies and says that I'm not home). The mobster goes away and my lady notifies me about what happened. It turns out that the Albanian Mafia had planned to rob the bank that same day as I did, just a few minutes later. And the police knew about it, that's why they reacted so fast and were close when I was to rob the bank. Aware of the fact that I had annoyed both the mafia and the police, I moved to Italy to seek refuge. But the Albanian Mafia caught up with me and tracked me down. They later on framed me for a murder and I got sentenced to 90 years in prison. Tough luck. Sad

Awake: I have allways told myself that one of the most adrenaline pumping experiences in life must be to rob a bank. If I ever become a criminal (God forbid!), then I'd become a bank robber, just like the song by The Clash. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote        
Dream: I had a dream last night that this married couple were constructing a Best Buy in our backyard and my mom sent me out there to stop them and handed me a dagger and told me to not trust them and attack them if they became angry. REALLY weird dream.

Awake: I have daydreams about stories I want to write; right now it is a story about the last pure-blood vampire named Aiden. I also have daydreams about my life and that I have super powers. xD
Elrakis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote        
I woke up 15 minutes ago and just felt that I had to write this down! A strange bunch of events...

Dream: First of all, I was watching a news show that was being broadcasted live from Israel, Jerusalem. They were showing the great meeting in the Knesset (government) in which a peace treaty between Israel and Palestine was to be signed. After a long time of pondering, the men of the government came out in unity: Palestine was to become independant. One of the fellows in the government (they were all orthodox jews), shouted "Allahu Akbar!" in tribute to Palestine. The world rejoiced and said that world peace now was close. But it was all a piece of the plan that Illuminati had to take over the world, so instead, wars began. Meanwhile, I was spending my time with local punkrockers, beating the shit out of neo-nazis and a-like. One of our victims was the band Combat 84 (<-- click for a pic). On the weekends, after all hard work, I would dress up in a 70's suit and go to a club to dance my ass of to Northern Soul music. I sweated like a pig and had lots of fun. During the nights when I got seriously drunk, I used to call my ex-girlfriend, but only her boyfriend answered, and he allways wanted to play poker with me. He said: "Hey! No, she's not here... but when are we going to play poker? I'm longing!" I spent the late nights, like 3 AM, wandering around like a restless soul in the huge city (which has occurred in several other dreams). And then I went of to work. I worked as a astronaut on a space ship that explored the outer edges of the galaxy. Everything felt and looked like the space in the game Freelancer (<-- click for a pic).Most of the starsystems were binary and had huge discs of proto-planetary dust or gas. Now and then I would open the window of my space ship to stretch out my hand and touch the stardust which was comfortably warm and colorful. We came to a starsystem in which we found a large tube filled with water. A lot of pale women wih dark long hair and black bikinis were swimming in it, as if they were some kind of interstellar mermaids. I went into the tube and swam with them, they loved me, caressed me, charmed me. I felt as the dude on the cover of Stranger in a strange land (<-- click for a pic). I fell inlove with them and stayed there, and then I woke up.

Awake: Several themes are taken from real life in this dream, either from old memories, events or symbolisms of such. I played a lot of Freelancer once, I've allways had an anti-nazi opinion, I love northern soul and used to dance a lot at such clubs, I love space, I love mermaids, I've been to Jerusalem, and so on. I guess that I in some way understand my dream, allthough it was very messy and kind of random. Guess my sub-conscious is processing the past. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote        
Dream: This dream had a lot of B-list actors who I don't know the name of.
So, it started off by one of the main characters from that basketball movie Samuel Jackson starred in. The tall skinny guy. He was walking down the aisle of a bus and threw his bag, angrily into a seat. He grumbled to himself and watched the landscape go by and his reflection is evident in the window. So, part of his past becomes seen. He is in the middle of a robbery that he knew about but wasn't actually part of. He was arrested and put in jail. He now has a grudge against the guys who did it. In jail, he didn't have too hard of a time. One day he gets an official looking visitor, a lawyer looking guy. He sits down at the table. He starts off, "How would you like to get out of here early, for a little extra good behavior?" And so it jumps back forward to a larger gentleman asking about his seat being available. By now, it's evident that it's a jail bus set up for some cross country trip for a competition between players. The main guy just says "Sure," picks up his bag and scoots over. "What'd they get you for?" the gentleman inquires. "Huh?" the main guy asks, as he had spaced out again. "Why did they pick you? What is your 'skill'?" gentleman describes. A few details about the competition being for looking for the absolute best people in each field for some sort of ultimate team. "Basketball", main guy replies. "I'm in for boxing. You ever boxed before? I just love boxing, the feel when you crush someone's bones with a punch. Yeah, in fact it's what got me thrown in." Gentleman says.
Main guy replies, "I learned a little bit in the pen. Kind of had to. I can throw a punch, but I'm not very good."
"Maybe we'll have a match sometime." gentleman says, in a manner that suggests that it might be something that recurs latter in the dream.
At that point, the pull into where they were going, some African desert looking place, with a bunch of other kids and young adults.
(To be continued)

Awake-ish: I realized that I woke up at one point and fell back asleep, and re-watched part of the dream, able to pay attention to new details as I re-watched it. I am still able to remember it quite well.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote        
Looking forward to the continuation, if there ever is any! Smile

I love it how you can wake up for a short while and then go back to sleep and continue the dream. My cat wakes me up quite often during nights when she wants to go out. I usually just get up, open the window, let the cat out, close the window, and get back to bed. In the majority of times I continue the dream I had before I awoke, thus remembering it clearily.

I've had this idea of makin a machine that records your brain activity during sleep, thus being able to register when you're in your REM sleep. The idea is that the machine should wake you up exactly when the REM sleep is about to fade. Waking up in REM (it's during REM you have the funky dreams) makes it easier to remember what you dreamt. Making it a dream-machine, hehe! I've realized that when I snooze and put longer intervals between the snoozes, it just distrupts my sleep and gives me enough time to hit REM so that I can dream. The whole idea is to generate dream-based ideas and the cost of sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 am Reply with quote        
They have a machine that registers sleep patterns.
There is a continuation, I just was too lazy to write it all. That's only the beginning. It might be easier for me to just make a video of me talking about the dream.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:18 am Reply with quote        
I know (I should know, I write sci-fi), but the whole idea is that the machine registers the activity AND wakes you up. The ultimate thing would be if it could translate the brainwaves to images. Then it would just keep you waking up and falling asleep, inducing dreams all of the time, emptying you on ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:48 am Reply with quote        
Dream: I'm in a prison cell. A small clean room, dark concrete wall, and a narrow barred door with a heavy lock. I wait for what seems like an eternity, and suddenly I get supper. They shove a steel bowl with a spoon in through a slot in the door and I eat it with full eager. When I'm done, I think about a way to escape, but there are no windows in my cell, and I can't think of any rational way to open or break the door. So I grab my spoon and begin to dig in the lower left corner behind me in the room, where two walls meet the floor. I dig and dig with fury, being on my guard for passing jail keepers. I dig and dig until a breach the concrete. I make a larger hole, jump through, and find myself in another cell like the one I was in. I realize that what ever prison I'm held in has several floors. In the cell in which I stand there is prisoner. I say hi and introduce ourselves and I tell him about my digging plan. He's willing to joing me and so we dig at a similar corner, and we get through it twice as fast as I did alone. Once we breach the concrete and enlarge the hole, we look down through it: sky. We're in a flying prison! We look through the clouds and see nothing but water beneath, so we decide to jump. And so we jump, down, down, to the ocean below. We hit the water with a great splash, it's warm as on a sunny summer beach, and once we swim up to the surface and find each other, we rejoice over our freedom! We then realize that there's a small island close by, and so we swim to it. Quite quickly we reach it, climb up upon the shore and sit down in the hot sand to rest and laugh. As we sit there on the tranquil isle, the sun sets, and I suddenly hear someone calling my name... louder and louder, until I wake up...

Awake: I wake up in an instant, as if having a revelation. I realize that someone is calling for me, but it's not my name I hear. I hear a "meeeeooow! meeeooow!". It's me cat! She's outdoors! I get up quick and rush to the window. On my way I watch the clock: 3:30 AM. I open the window, and there, on the lawn, sits my cat. She doesn't want to come in. When she sees me she says: "Meow!", in a very pleased manner. I soon realize why she sounded so strange: she has a mouse in her mouth. Proud proud kitteh! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote        
Dream: I am part of the Fire clan, meaning we are able to wield fire. There are symbols on a piece of paper, and to activate your powers you have to trace them in the air, exactly the same as on the paper. It's my turn to activate them, so I do, and there's loads of fire everywhere.
We all go to sleep. That night, I get up, deciding to travel to the other clans to unlock all the other elements. The whole place is like a maze, with everything a strange mix of my house and a forest. I meet a few people on the way, though I don't remember them very well. I find the Water Clan, and trace the symbols. I travel to the Air Clan. I make a mistake on the first symbol (I traced it the other way round), so I have to retry, and I manage it. But before I travel to the Earth Clan, I wake up.
Awake: Uhh, where am I? No, I'm missing one!

Also, Elrakis, I've had that same problem in dreams, when you try to hit someone, or sometimes when you concentrate on walking and end up walking like through thick mud.
Also, I'm pretty sure they've already made a machine for waking you up at the right time. I don't know where to find the site again though!