Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote        
I have to get up around 7am for work...while work starts at 8am and lasts till 4pm.

I really hope today is a decent day or maybe even slow...I really need a break. Thank god today is my last day and then I get the next two days off. Too bad I have to go back in on friday and do it all over again..

Anyone else working today?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 am Reply with quote        
I usually work on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Mondays so not today. And I work from 7am-1pm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote        
Decent hours..if you don't mind getting up early.
I wouldn't if my job didn't have me doing alot of physical labor.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote        
I work as a carer (taking care of a disabled guy in a wheel-chair). My workinghours are not compatible with my persona, but this is how they go:

When I work on week days, I get up at 5 AM, and I begin working at 5:30 AM. Then I work for an hour or two, and when I'm done, I go back home for some well deserved breakfast and some sleep.

Sometimes I have to work in the afternoon. That's about 3 PM to 6 PM, and during night time I have to wait. The dude calls me somewhere between 9 PM and 12 PM, and when he does I just go away for work and it takes about half an hour.

The weekends are more complicated.

Oh, and I have a four week schedule which goes on a loop. So I never really get used to it, I have a hard time establishing habits and daily order in my life, still, I hardly feel that I work and I've got a lot of time over to do what I like.

I guess there are advantages and disadvantages with all jobs. Like, if I had my dreamjob, astronaut that is, sure, I'd go to space and be all cool and that, but there is also some serious risks with that job, and ofcourse, it requires much of your time.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote        
In one of my jobs, I work 5-10pm, Friday and Saturday, and the other one varies from week to week. I generally close at least once a week, and that means staying until 11, but I can also work in mid- to late-afternoon, and morning. BUT...I never have to get up early.

No, that's saved for school...

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote        
My work hours are pretty stupid, honestly. Duh Sometimes I work in the afternoons-late evenings/nights and other times I work early in the day. Like today I had to be at work at 7am (so I had to get up a little after 5am T.T) but I'm off tomorrow and don't work until 6pm the next day.

My job also has an annoying knack for schedueling me 4 hour shifts followed by 8 or 9 hour shifts. Honestly, it's hardly worth the effort of going all the way from my house to my employer for the 4 hour shifts. Neutral I guess I could try to get on full-time there (since I'm sort of new, they only schedule me 25-30 hours a week right now) but I'm intending to (finally) finish school this next semester so I don't know how well that would work out for me. Of course, I did work full time and go to school with my last job but I...had some...issues...with that. Issues I'd like to avoid in the future.

Guh. I dunno. Dumb jobs are dumb. Duh

Lindsaypooh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote        
I work at an art camp. If I'm working a half day its either 8:30ish to about noon. Afternoon's are about 1 to 5:30ish, depending on when we finish setting up for the next day.

There are also some weeks where i have to work both shifts. I think the next two weeks are like that. Those are killer weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote        
I hated getting up for work. Of course I didn't particularly like my job either. It was dull and seemed to last forever. Then I left to try to sell insurance to the elderly, and it turns out that I just respect them to much for that. Watching my manager work on the days that he went out with me was like seeing someone subtly force a pen down someones throat. I can't do that.

So, I left. My husband and I felt it was not a waste of time though. How do you know if you would be good at something if you don't try, right? After I left, though, he looked over our finances and realized that it would be cheaper for us if I just stayed at home with our son instead of paying day care. We also only have the one car, so it's less of a hassle and waste of gas for me to stay with my son. The electricity may increase a little, but not much. I really don't do a lot while at home. I keep the house around 75ish and rarely turn the tv on. The computer stays on, but I'm an admin on another site so I kinda need to be able to check up on it periodically. Also, I listen to music while I'm working around the house.

This is something that I've wanted for a very long time. The time I can spend with my son is far better then the money we make. Hell, I wasn't even bringing in that much more. Between gas and daycare for my son one of my checks was spent on that. We have to be a bit more frugal, sure, but it's worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:46 am Reply with quote        
Today is "mid-summer" in my country, and people decide to go pagan and throw the party of the century, hedonism a la roman-style. So this is a holliday, but people like me don't get off for that. We still have to work, taking care of people never ends. But! I do begin work at 8:30 AM instead of 5:30 AM, so that is very nice! Smile
Kira Bella

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:42 am Reply with quote        
Sadly, I am off work for the next few weeks. Doctors orders. My job apparently can't work with my work restriction. But that is ok, since I spent the whole day filling out applications and fooling around on online sites instead of thinking how bored I was xD

Taking this as a manditory vacation. TRYING to be happy about it.

Not sure what to Quest

Anyone Miss Me? <3
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote        
Guys. It's twenty after eight in the morning. It's almost eighty degrees outside with eighty five percent humidity. I have to work from 5-10, and my work is not reliable about having their air conditioning on.

Kill. Me. Now. Please?

X-Celestia-X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I'm about to work. Just applied and going there soon. :D
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote        
Me, nah. Apparently I'm taking the summer off.