Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Novus Ekleipsis
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Are We Enlightened?
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote        
      Are We E n l i g h t e n e d?
      We've finally met the strange messengers of the Deities, yet one question remains in my mind: just how enlightened are we? What more is there to know? I'm here to test your knowledge, Midoreans. I want to see exactly how much is known about the world of Midorea - the history, the lore, and the day-to-day life. Participate in my little quizzes, and you will be rewarded.

I hope you all have a lot of fun with this event. We’ve been working very hard on it for months now, so we’re excited to see it take flight, if you will. ;] Please read through all of these introductory posts, as they will go into the rules of my activities. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask me either in a PM or in the thread. Thanks, and enjoy!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote        
      How It W o r k s
      The focus of this thread will be something a little different from what we normally do. Following the theme of this event (community and enlightenment) I am hosting a quiz game. All contestants will be (randomly) divided between two teams: Alu and Miu. The teams will compete for points by completing challenges and answering questions relating to the history and lore of Midorea.

For each “round” both teams will choose a member to come forward as the spokesperson for their group. During that round, only answers from that person will be accepted – although their teammates are more than welcome to help them out! (However, I do recommend that you message your teammates when providing help. Wink)

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote        
      The S c h e d u l e
      Days 1-2: team prep
      Day 3: first round – question round
      Day 4: team prep
      Day 5: second round – question round
      Day 6: third round – avatar contests
      Day 7: fourth round – question round
      Day 8: team prep
      Day 9: fourth round – question round
      Day 10: final day – surprise
      On team prep days, it is recommended that you get together with your team members and decide who will be the spokesperson for the upcoming rounds. The two contestants and I will also choose the most convenient time to start the upcoming round. You may also want to brush up on Midorean lore and history, because…

Question rounds will consist of five random questions. The questions will be asked one-at-a-time, and contestants will be expected to respond quickly and accurately. Whoever responds with the correct answer first will win 20 points for their team. (Remember that all answers to these questions can be found in either item descriptions or past event/announcement threads.)

The avatar contests will not be what you may expect: rather than judging entries based on aesthetic appeal, they will be judged based on theme and meaning. There will be three four categories, each offering 50 points to a winner. More information will be released as we get closer to this activity, however.

And finally, the surprise is, well, a surprise! It may be an active contest, or I may announce the results of a secret point tally that I’ve been running on the side. All that I can suggest is to be active and be prepared!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
      The T e a m s
      The team with the most points at the end of the event will win a full EI set for each of their team members. In addition to this, the point totals of each team will be directly converted to silver, which each participant will receive. (So if your team earns 100 points, regardless of whether or not you win, each team member will receive 100 silver.)

Team Alu: 280pts
      Weaseldale
      killerkitty
      Malverne
      Sly

Team Miu: 120pts
      lexi luthor
      Gladde
      KoyiTar
      Angelic.Demon

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
RESERVED.

You may now post. :]

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote        
MINE AGAIN sorry bout that D:

Edit: Oh no, I am stupid this is a different thread XD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
Huh? XD Stealing first posts, hmm?

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote        
What? Noooo... Maybe, haha just getting back into the good ole mido spirit of post stealin' =]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote        
Right. Heh, I don't blame ya. ;p So are you interested in participating in my contest? Everyone will come out with something, after all. 50/50 chance you can get a full EI set.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
Of course, I need to brush up on my lore though! Can I pick which team I am on? *u*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote        
I wanna join the contest U:

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
Nah, it's random: either Alu or Miu. Gotta balance the teams out. But hm... maybe I'll extend a special offer to people who enter on the first day though, then balance the teams from there.

Alright, whoever enters my contest today - and only those who enter today - can choose the team they're on. :3

EDIT: ohai Ace. o 3o Love the avatar.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote        
I don't really want to join, but I'll just... sit here, and eat my popcorn while watching everything that happens. Happy

*pokes Ace*

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote        
I wanna be on team Alu!

c: Bouncy Heart

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote        
I wanna be on team Alu!!!