Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
WhingingNinja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote        
so people I's having wine lol I haven't had any alcohol in over a year except for a bottle of wine I had the other week. But now I'm having another one rofl I'm all giggly and weeeeeeee. Its 10 percent alcohol the other bottle I had was 6 so there is a difference obviously I'm feeling quite content and bubbly at one and a half glasses of wine haha I'm a cheap drunk. I actually rarely drink only if I'm feeling happy and in the mood just for some reason I have been lately.

So discuss drinking habits
how much do you drink? what do you drink? where do you drink? I'm drinking at home lol a bottle of $3 buck chuck wine haha I like the sweet wine bubbly goes right to my head

neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote        
Most I've had to drink is two consecutive Mike's Hard Lemonades.
I just feel like there's an anger in me, and I don't want that to come out and hit anyone.. I also just plain don't trust myself to get drunk because I feel sad sometimes and I have some crazy freaking thoughts and I don't need those to be free.

realAniram

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote        
Heh, saw this one on Roli but didn't have anything to add at the time.

Ah, well, let's see... I'm seventeen, which is about four years below the legal drinking age here in the States, but my mom has let me try one of her Caronas before. It was nasty, like fermented puke (so we can assume my puke apparently tastes like beer). I was also allowed to try sake a few months ago. That. Was. HORRIBLE.

My parents won't let me try my dad's rum or mead, because it so far it seems we have the same preferences.

Well, if when I was doped up for getting my wisdom teeth out a year ago is any indication, I'm a fairly lucid drunk at least...

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
neomattlac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote        
I have a mental list of alcohol to try. Mead, sake(which I have, but waiting for the right time), good rum, etc. I also need to try real sugar cane, the leftover molasses after making brown sugar, or vice versa, I can't remember, and dragonfruit.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote        
I've had juice straight from a pressed sugar cane plant before. It was quite a few years ago, my family and I were at an historic sugar plantation in Gainsville, FL. As I recall, it tasted sickningly sweet (go figure) and my little brother (who was about 19 months old at the time) absolutely loved it...go figure. Laugh I've had dragonfruit-flavored things, but never an actual dragonfruit...I think I'd like to try that, as well....

As for alcohol: I've tried plenty, including good rum (not to mention some really bad rum XP ) but never had sake or mead. Both could prove interesting to try though....I don't drink often, and when I do I tend to have a pretty high tollerance for alcohol. This doesn't really bode well for me since I have the genetics to be an alcoholic; that's probably part of the reason I don't drink too often. Unfortunately, I tend to be kind of a binge drinker. Sweat

I like really fruity, "girly" drinks, or the hard stuff; I don't have much of a middle. I don't really care for many kinds of wine, and when I do drink wine I like sweet wine...dry wine sucks, if you ask me. Pink Catabwas and really sweet reds are great though. I also like vodka and rum (both mixed well with something.) I can drink tequilla to a lesser extent, and have been known to drink shots on occassion. Usually though, I just stick with mixed drinks and wine coolers. As a matter of fact, I have a few of the frozen variety waiting for me in my freezer, when the notion strikes me. (Right now I mean, not all the time, you understand...I don't keep them stocked, or anything. xD; )

I either drink at home (usually) or if someone suckers me into going out, I'll drink with them wherever. I have a cousin who's my age and kind of more like a sister to me; I have to be veeerrry careful when drinking with her...because we don't always see eye-to-eye and have, in the past, been known to be kind of...violent...with each other when drunk. >_>; She's the only one I've ever fought drunk with though...and like I said: I rarely drink anyway.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 am Reply with quote        
Duh I feel like I'm missing out, but every one tells me I'm not. I'm a master of flavors, and I confuse people when I try to describe a dish to them. Because I memorize flavors, textures, and tastes, not appearances.
Anyways, I want to try drinks so that I may incorporate those flavors into my cooking, and extend my knowledge. Pepper vodka, oyster shooters(had one before, not realizing there was alcohol in it. There's a short story behind it), blood maries, margiritas, caramel rum, vodka; all ingredients in the master plan, but I've tried very few of them.
Odd fact about myself: I have taught myself to be able to taste completely through smell because I can't try cream. I can also mix ingredient tastes together on my tongue, without actually eating things. I do this to know how much of ingredients to buy when planning a meal. I've just cooked so long it's kind of like another sense. I have only met one other person who does the same thing. Even my twin brother, who has even more training that I, doesn't/can't do it.

Klink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote        
@WhingingNinja: A light weight means the man doesn't have to spend much to get you a little tipsy. Wink Nothing wrong with that.

I have a beer a night, normally. Every other weekend or so I'll go out with some guys to an Irish pub or the like and drink a bit more. I rarely drink in excess though just because I've done it enough to know that it isn't worth it.

@neomattlac: I had mead sometime last month just because I was in a liquor store and saw it on a shelf. It's really, really sweet wine, to put it simply. I think I had Elderberry and Honey, haha.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote        
I've been tempted my a bottle of vodka I have in the freezer. I also have some Baileys(I have friends who drink, okay?), but I'm lactose intolerant and Baileys has cream in it.
I haven't drunken any of the vodka yet, other than two small jello shots a few months ago.

@Klink - I have a friend who makes mead, but he's warned me to try some standard mead first. Apparently his is rather strong.

Klink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
@neo: You should get some and send it to me. ;P

You sound like you're not too used to drinking, which probably is a good thing, but maybe you should try some store mead first. It has about the same alcohol content as wine.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote        
It's illegal to ship alcohol through the mail in Maryland.

Klink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:32 am Reply with quote        
Don't let that stop you. Twisted Evil

Although I'm not even too far from Maryland, but I was joking anyhow. Soft Smile
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:43 am Reply with quote        
You live in DC?

Klink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
No, I live in Upstate NY. It's only about a 6-7 hour drive to DC though.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote        
Half the time to get from here to Daytona Beach, FL(a favorite vacation spot). XP
Anyways, he only make a little at a time, and not that often.

Elrakis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote        
I used to, when I was a bit younger, drink ridiculous amounts of beer and gin. I would do that at the pub or at home or with friends, even on week days. I would get drunk and then had to go up early in the morning to work the next day. That was when I worked and lived in the capital, which I don't anymore. I had a drinking problem back then...

Now I'm controlled and I basically only drink at home at friends, but mostly at home. My fav is beer, specially british ale or our domestic stuff (swedish beer, that is), but I also like drinking drinks, rum, vodka, gin, absinthe and cider.

I don't really like wine, and I don't mind trying new things.

The best wine I've tried though was a jewish kosher wine, named King David. It was epically sweet! Nice Happy